Collateral given release date!

So many good movies coming out on Bluray this year I can't wait. :thumbsup:

Without a doubt one of Mann's finest movies.
Pre-order for me.

Just need old Mikey Mann to f-up the soundmix now.

Excellent film - will buy as soon as it falls undr £10.

:smashin: I like Collateral just as much as Heat and thats saying something.

Its a great repeat-watch film too - Ive watched my 2-disc DVD SE quite a few times and it never gets dull on repeat viewing.

Tom Cruise is very cool as a bad guy and he should do more of these.

Im sure the PQ wont be what some people are expecting though due to the way it was filmed, Im sure I will be happy with it. :)

US version confirmed as region free by MovieTyme :thumbsup:

Strangely, the blu-ray is not listed on PlayUSA.

Canadian distributor issues?

movietyme states that its already shipping collateral along with lord of the rings

If theres anyone who hasnt seen this yet (and thats a big if I must admit!) just blind-buy this one if you like because you wont be disappointed. This is one of those films that you tend to come back to a lot too - thats what ive noticed anyway. Cant wait to see this in HD! :thumbsup:

Jamie Foxx and Tom Cruise are superb in this. Love the tension when Jamie Foxx goes into the club!

'Yo homie that my breifcase you carrying?' :D

Don't forget that this was shot on HD video, so those who didn't like the look of Miami Vice had best be moving along. Me, I can't ****ing wait to get some Collateral goodness on Blu-ray.

Second that, I just love the moody atmosphere of Miami Vice at night and Collateral captures exactly the same feeling(I know it was made earlier?)
The soundtrack when Tom goes on a killing spree in the night club should look and sound fantastic.

Anyone order this from Movietyme? I ordered it last Thur as it said it was "Now Shipping" on their website...still has not shipped...says 'order taken'...same situation for Days Of Heaven and Men Who Stare At Goats...bloody annoying...they trick you into placing an order by saying in big bold red lettering that it is Now Shipping! but in fact it is not...Have used Movietyme before- I'm delighted to get Region A blus from them but they are incredibly slooooww!!
:( :( :(

Anyone order this from Movietyme? I ordered it last Thur as it said it was "Now Shipping" on their website...still has not shipped...says 'order taken'...same situation for Days Of Heaven and Men Who Stare At Goats...bloody annoying...they trick you into placing an order by saying in big bold red lettering that it is Now Shipping! but in fact it is not...Have used Movietyme before- I'm delighted to get Region A blus from them but they are incredibly slooooww!!

I've stopped usung them due to that exact same reason.

It's a shame this one hasn't appeared at Play USA yet.

:(

I ordered a copy and it arrived yesterday.

Lucky you! How's the picture and audio quality on Collateral?????

Haven't had time to watch the film, I just skimmed through it and the picture quality looks quite good.
Plenty of grain during the night scenes, which will probably annoy some people, colours are presented well and overall the picture looks quite sharp. I'm no expert but to me it looks good.

Audio quality sounded good, I listened to the scene where the homies steal his brief case and the gun shots sounded quite bassy, audio is DTS-MA.

All extras are present from the SD.

Haven't had time to watch the film, I just skimmed through it and the picture quality looks quite good.
Plenty of grain during the night scenes, which will probably annoy some people, colours are presented well and overall the picture looks quite sharp. I'm no expert but to me it looks good.

Audio quality sounded good, I listened to the scene where the homies steal his brief case and the gun shots sounded quite bassy, audio is DTS-MA.

All extras are present from the SD.

Thanks for the info ~ can't wait to watch it. When you mention grain, I imagine a lot of grain in dark nighttime scenes like in Michael Manns Miami Vice which personally i thought looked good.. I think he tends to use hi-def cameras which increases the amt of grain.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom