Colin Mcrae Rally - First thoughs

bensaunders

Standard Member
Reaction score
Colin McRae arrived from Amazon today and all I can say is...WOW!! :smashin:

After the dissapointment of F1, I was nervous about this game, but its fantastic..

Great Graphics, game play, presentation and the replays are awesome!

I think this is well worth picking up!

Ben

More details?

Controls, load times, graphics, slow down? learning curve?

Don't mean to be picky, but can't be too careful with ur money lol. Now that the PSP is out in Europe and Oceania, there's gonna be a games release explosion from now till new year

More importantly - where the hell did you get it? I've not found anywhere with stock of this yet....

Its a launch game; its everywhere. GAME, HMV, web, Virgin etc

dvd.co.uk have it for £24.99 delivered at the mo. although I've had mine on order with them for a week so far and no despatch yet :boring:

think of the poor people who waited a couple of extra days for their PSPs to arrive from web retailers after waiting so long after Jap/US!

Yes Colin Mcrae is an excellent game. I was struck by, considering they are from the same stable, that the graphics are significantly better than TOCA RD2. The textures and car models are noticeably better. I guess this is because there is a lot more to throw about in TOCA. Lots of cars in the field, AI for each driver etc.

In reply to the earlier question the load times are minimal, the graphics are superb (no slowdown and the replays are a sight to behold), the control is fine but overall it's a pretty difficult game. Overall I would say that TOCA is a better game but they are both worth getting.

Slightly off track, but I have just found out that TOCA will let you change the driving view like Colin McRae does by hitting the select button.

Two great games for the PSP.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom