Colds/flu since Covid-19

aVdub

Ex Member
Reaction score
Point made today by someone was can I remember the last time I knew someone that has had a cold/flu since Covid-19 showed it's ugly face in the UK and I had to say that I cannot (sadly lost a good friend to Covid recently)

My OH and her family suffer a colds up to 3-5 times a year, but as of today have not had anything at all and not usual reports from an uncle or distant aunt suffering from a cold.

Same for you, or not and could this show how we should carry on in future (hopefully Covid-19 leaves) with masks in public, better hygiene and being more aware.

I've had an irritating dry cough since I flew back from NYC in March. It ain't Covid but if I need to clear a bit of personal space ....
I'd quite like an appointment with the doc and to be rid of it.

Usually have my cold in February. But yes, I don’t know anybody that has had a cold since COVID came round.

I can't even remember last time I had a cold. Must be a few years now, but I'm betting numbers are low because the kids haven't been spreading them around like they normally do. As my sister is a shocker for getting them and even she hasn't had one since the kids have been off school. Which is months now and very unusual for her.

Had a dreadful throat infection which I had laryngitis and struggled to keep my head up end Oct/early November.

Normally I have a cold around Christmas and New Year. Nothing this year at all, apart from the CV symptoms 10 days after surgery.

Got flu jab on 1st Oct.

I’ve just had the worst cold i’ve had for years. 4 weeks later and i’m just about over it.

Sneezes and sniffles but nothing that I would consider a cold yet.

I had a terrible cold in September that turned into sinusitis, I am still not 100% over it 4 weeks later. My wife brings one home every year at the start of the new school term after the summer break.

I hate sinusitis, they used to give you anti-biotics, now they just tell you to ride it out. Wish I could tell the doctor YOU ride it out lol

I hate sinusitis, they used to give you anti-biotics, now they just tell you to ride it out. Wish I could tell the doctor YOU ride it out lol
Salt water rinses & gargles for me 🤢 The trouble is it that it makes me really thirsty and before you know it whisky with a dash of Honey is in my hand 🥃:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I had a terrible cold in September that turned into sinusitis, I am still not 100% over it 4 weeks later. My wife brings one home every year at the start of the new school term after the summer break.

Snap.

Sdie effectsof my cancer treatment left me very prone to chest infections. Some times I just got one after another. Since the restrictions I haven't had a single one or a cold.

Bri

Sdie effectsof my cancer treatment left me very prone to chest infections. Some times I just got one after another. Since the restrictions I haven't had a single one or a cold.

Bri
Why do you think that might be? Due to going out less or due to less people out or more cleanliness in general?

Unrelated to that question I must admit my pattern of colds etc has been the same throughout this year, nothing has changed for me. Maybe I am one of the unlucky ones :)

This is why I don't think we have to worry about flu this year complicating things.

The restrictions we are all under is going to prevent a bad flu year. Just like in Australia.

I'm yet another who doesn't know anyone who has had a cold or the flu this year.

Why do you think that might be? Due to going out less or due to less people out or more cleanliness in general?

Unrelated to that question I must admit my pattern of colds etc has been the same throughout this year, nothing has changed for me. Maybe I am one of the unlucky ones :)

I imagine the way colds and chest infections spread is very similar to Covid so avoiding physical contact and the general social distancing rules helps. I haven't worked since my cancer. My wife got permission to work entirely from home before the government rules because I'm probably in the vulnerable category. We don't go to anyone else's homes, restaurants or pubs. Our outside contact is mainly limited to going to the shops. It's helped me out enormously.

Bri

I imagine the way colds and chest infections spread is very similar to Covid so avoiding physical contact and the general social distancing rules helps. I haven't worked since my cancer. My wife got permission to work entirely from home before the government rules because I'm probably in the vulnerable category. We don't go to anyone else's homes, restaurants or pubs. Our outside contact is mainly limited to going to the shops. It's helped me out enormously.

Bri
Thanks for the reply, I got a major cold when my kids went back to school, was to be expected, we all did in my house in some way. On a side note I am sorry to hear about your cancer, I really hope you get the treatment you need and treatment is successful

Thanks for the reply, I got a major cold when my kids went back to school, was to be expected, we all did in my house in some way. On a side note I am sorry to hear about your cancer, I really hope you get the treatment you need and treatment is successful

Thanks. I actually got my all clear 5 years ago but I still have a few health problems as a direct result of the treatment. My regular chest infections were part of that but social distancing has put an end to it for now.

Bri

I had a bad cold a couple of weeks ago, it wiped me out completely for a weekend then took another week to shift.
That's usual for me though as they always sweep through the school this time of year.

I had a bad cold a couple of weeks ago, it wiped me out completely for a weekend then took another week to shift.
That's usual for me though as they always sweep through the school this time of year.
Sounds like the annual autumn spike 🏫 🧫🤧

1101C578-A563-47E6-9667-C17DCC1FB4C8.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom