1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cold Winter on PS2.

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by GalacticaActual, Jun 27, 2005.

1. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    So I have been playing Cold winter on PS2 recently.
    Great stuff. :smashin:

I like first person shooters ,I really do. I loved time splitters 3 and have recently finished area 51. But this game in my humble opinion is the top dog of them all.

Its a gritty shooter about an ex M.I.6 agent sent in to.......well you can find out for your self because although the story is engaging it wont really matter once you star playing. This game has all the violence you would want and then some. You can blow peoples heads off or arms or legs and then finish them off once they are down. It gives you the option to search dead guards and cabinets and draws for things you can combine in to lock picks and timed bombs and molotov cocktails. The weapons feel meaty and powerful and the enemy AI is pretty clever as well, taking cover instead of running in to your bullets when confronted.
    You can grab Items such as boxes crates and dumpsters and use them as shields against enemy fire, In fact you can pretty much interact with most of the games envoirment picking things up and blasting them if you wish.
    My only really issue is with the graphics. Because of the nature of the game it can seem a little dark and grey sometimes and also at some points(not many,) you would think that you are playing at top playstaion 1 game and not a ps2 one. However this really is a minor problem and one that does not spoil the game play.

Dave.

Attached Files:

2. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    I got a whole load of games last week and cold winter is one of them! :smashin: Gonna start playing it after I am done with Tekken 5, wasn't too impressed with Area 51 so i'm glad to hear it is better than that!

3. Matt TRD

Matt TRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    It was an ok game i completed it and enjoyed it though there are better FPS out there.

4. marc.williams

marc.williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is enjoyable if a little short, it is rare to see a PS2 game with a physics engine and volumetric/dynamic lighting etc! It is similar to Project IGI on the PC if you remember that, but with much better AI!

I completed Cold Winter after a few days although there is about 18 levels. If you are interested I can sell you my copy cheap! I was about to stick it on ebay... £20 free postage to UK address.

Regards, Marc

5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199

Marc just out of intrest, in what mode did you play the game?

I originally played through it on easy and went through it , like you , in a couple of days, however, in hard mode it seems a bit more of a challenge :)

6. marc.williams

marc.williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Possibly... definately not on easy setting though! I just started then I felt I was so far in that I just kept on till the end.

The game itself is quite short though... games like Chronicles of Riddick and Doom 3 have taken me a lot longer to complete and the difficulty level was about the same.

If you are interested in difficulty levels try the original Halo in "heroic" mode on the x-box, there be some damn-fine fire fights now which take ages to get past! :rotfl:

7. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Does anyone know if there will be a sequel to cold winter on the ps2 or even the ps3?

8. delacroix_89

delacroix_89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    This game is included in the play.com sale for £5.00, however i think the sale may have finished now, not sure tho.

EDIT: yeah, it's finished :(