• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cold morning at Slimbridge

Jitetsu

Met up with some family today and it was a fine excuse for a few hours at Slimbridge. I'd barely used the 100-400mm lens so I wanted to see how sharp it was. I was suitably impressed considering it isn't meant to be amazing at 400mm. Was also a nice chance to see what i'd learned since I was there in 2006 with my 350D. In general, far more in focus, well exposed and more interesting shots. Nice to feel some progress though in previewing them here I can see just how much sharpness gets compressed away by flickr :(

Here's a few that I especially liked. Posting slightly small versions as I uploaded at 1280 and while allowed, it's pretty huge for multiple. Someone make flickr generate 800 versions when uploaded in 1280!

In general I shot around ISO 400, f/8

Thanks for looking, c&c encouraged.

dazza74

Distinguished Member
Really like these, they are all of a high standard IMO. #1 is probably my fave as I think you've done well capturing the duck with it's gob open (sorry that's about as technical as I get :)). Really like #3 as well that stands out for me also.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom