Cold Feet Revival (ITV) S8

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The series is being revived by ITV and creator Mike Bullen is writing the scripts. Due to premiere next year.

Original cast members James Nesbitt, Robert Bathurst, Hermione Norris, John Thomson and Fay Ripley have all signed on to reprise their roles for the revival.

Not returning for the new episodes is Helen Baxendale,
whose character Rachel was killed off in the show’s fifth season,
and Kimberley Joseph, who played Jo Ellison.

The new season is set some 13 years
after Rachel’s untimely death.
When we saw them last, the characters were on the cusp of change, growing up and settling down. They’d hoped that by the time they were approaching 50, life would be simpler. Well, now they’re there, to discover that it isn’t. The issues they face are different but just as challenging. They still have many years to live, but can’t escape the niggling fear that their futures are behind them.

ITV’s Director of Drama Steve November;
“We’re delighted to be re-visiting Cold Feet for a new generation. Like any reunion we’ll be looking forward to working with Mike Bullen on his wonderfully heartfelt and funny scripts and learning how the characters’ lives have changed over the years.”

Mike Bulled;
“This feels like the right time to revisit these characters, as they tip-toe through the minefield of middle age. They’re 50, but still feel 30, apart from on the morning after the night before, when they really feel their age. They’ve still got lots of life to look forward to, though they’re not necessarily the years one looks forward to!”

Looks like this is Downton's replacement (so a Christmas special too?)

When it's finally done, expect the revival of Downton, set around WWII, featuring a 100 year old dowager duchess (if Dame Maggie's still with us).

Excellent news, I loved Cold Feet.

i keep seeing adverts about the series 1-5 being on the itv hub, but i can't see it anywhere either on the itv hub on sky or even box sets, is the 1-5 series only online and not via sky tv on the itv hub?

Starts Monday 5 September at 9pm

Back tonight!

ITV's This Morning has put these clips up on YouTube in recent days

The first cast interview of 1998 (original pilot ep aired 1997)

The 'last' cast interview of 2003 ...

Now ...

ITV’s ‘Cold Feet’ Adds Siobhan Finneran
She will play Nikki Kirkbright, a Cheshire housewife that seems to have it all – money, big house and big hair. But something isn’t quite right. David meets Nikki through his career in personal finance and the two soon develop a close bond

Other guest stars lined up for the upcoming eight episode seventh season include Robert Glenister, who plays Nikki’s husband George who isnt what he seems; Jacey Sallés as Ramona Ramirez, who’s returned to Karen’s side as her PA in the fledgling publishing company, but her work ethic leaves a lot to be desired; and Paul Ritter as Benjamin, Karen’s new and unwanted business partner.

Series 7, next Friday 8th September

Totally agree krish. Reminded me of 70s scriptwriting. SO OBVIOUS! Made me cringe.
I only watch it for the Manchester locations curiosity as I live there.

Truly found its feet - renewed for series 9
I stopped after the 6th

In addition to the core cast, other actors returning for season nine include Ceallach Spellman as Matthew Williams, Daisy Edgar-Jones as Olivia Marsden, Sylvie Briggs as Ellie Marsden, Jack Harper as Adam Gifford, Madeleine Edmondson as Chloe Gifford, Michelle Holmes as Mary, Ivanno Jeremiah as Charlie and Lucy Robinson as Robyn.

Pleased Cold Feet is to be rested as I was disappointed with the latest series.
Adams son really got on my nerves.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom