Coheed and Cambria-I need to confess

karkus30

Banned
:blush: horribly embarassing as it is. I feel I need to get something off my chest...........I like Coheed and Cambia's-Good Apollo, Im Burning Star IV.

I slagged it off on first listen, but gradually it has grown on me. Everytime I put it in the CD player I think .."this time I will hate this"..but no matter how hard I try I cant dislike it.

If you have not heard them before heres a run down of what to expect........

This is progressive rock no doubt about it........it seems pretentious, but then you realise it is not exactly what it seems. There is a strange honesty, they display their passion for 70s rock music from Yes to Led Zepplelin to Pink Floyd to Rush, loud and proud but do not seek to emulate it. Huge choruses and hooks drag you into the complex mix of instrumental work and you begin to hear the elements of the rock popsters from the 80s.......Whitesnake, Europe, Bon Jovi, Boston even the Police, all those bands you might not respect, but you cant argue with the way the choruses make you sing along, no matter how much you want to resist.

Very melodic, full of hooks, with an unusual vocal delivery that sounds like Geddy Lee, Jon Anderson and Jon BonJovi combined. Tight as a gnats chuff, beautifully orchestrated, impeccable musicianship and great production makes this a must buy for anyone who ever enjoyed 70s 80s progressive or rock pop. If you enjoy Tool, then this might just give you an option without it sounding anything like Tool, just an alternative direction.

If this had been released in 1978 we would all have sat up and taken notice, here in the ascerbic noughties there is far less tolerance for this type of music, but there something here.........listen without prejudice, it might just become the next big thing !!!

This really shouldn't appeal to me at all, but I tried to dislike Tool at the start and have ended up with several albums and two gigs ! Coheed seem to be sending me in the same direction.:D

KoThreads

£6.99 at CDWOW and i have my fiver off voucher. We have similar taste Karkus30 yes i know i like Tool and your favs PT :D Will i ever forgive flooded? the music he made me listen to and buy after i said rock was dead. 4 albums released out of order, but what i've just heard on there website and myspace sounds bloody good. it's got to be worth £2

karkus30

Banned
£6.99 at CDWOW and i have my fiver off voucher. We have similar taste Karkus30 yes i know i like Tool and your favs PT :D Will i ever forgive flooded? the music he made me listen to and buy after i said rock was dead. 4 albums released out of order, but what i've just heard on there website and myspace sounds bloody good. it's got to be worth £2

:rolleyes: PT:rolleyes: I tried several times with that, but it just didn't do it for me :)
Remember C&C are nothing like Tool to listen to, but are in a parallel universe. Deffo worth £2.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom