1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Codes for Pronto & Girder

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MarkHudds, Feb 11, 2003.

1. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    This may be a silly question :blush: ...

Where do people get lots of IR codes for their Pronto to control all their Girder/Irman server commands?

Is it a case of just downloading lots of CCF's with codes for equipment that you don't own :confused:

Also, can any Girder expert please run through how you set up a 'macro' string of commands to run sequentially from one remote key press (and how to add time delays between the commands)?

Is there any good Girder tutorials out there (apart from the standard site www.girder.nl)?

Has anyone got the latest Girder version working at the same time as the latest Irman server version i.e. sharing the COM port? I can get one or the other - each program seems to need exclusive control of the port and the Irman.

Thanks for any help you can give!

2. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,886
    I haven't done this for a while but in Pronto Edit you can put in the R/C(?) commands. If I remember correctly there are two sets of numbers. I'd allocate the first number to a program, jst so it's easier not to repeat any codes and the second number for the command.

e.g. Power DVD Play = 1 and 1
    Power DVD Stop = 1 and 2
    Power DVD Pause = 1 and 3

Winamp Play = 2 and 1
    Winamp Stop = 2 and 2
    Winamp Pause = 2 and 3

I've probably not explained this very well as it's all from memory of Pronto Edit which I haven't used for a long time. If you're confused by what I've saide let me know and I'll take a look at PE tonight to refresh my memory.

3. Gerbil

Gerbil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    There's nothing wrong with Desmo's memory, thats how I do it too. Be warned I think the ability to allocate RC5/6 commands to buttons directly without learning the code is only in the latest version of ProntoEdit (4.0.5). Look for the "Advanced" button after you've chosen the option to "Set IR"

I'm not sure about the time delays in Girder, but you can use the multi-group command from the edit menu to add multiple commands to a single event. All the command in a multi-group get executed sequentially when the relevant event is detected.

Update: What about using the "wait" option under "window" action list? It looks like you can wait for a particular Window to appear, but also set a timeout after which processing continues anyway. Just set the details of the Window to something that should never occur in practice e.g. Executable = xyz.exe