Cod5??

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by MikeKay1976, Jan 16, 2008.

1. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,026
    I am LOVING COD4, tho apparently i have 50% through already so boy is it short, still its the closest i have come in a game to "playing" in a movie feel.

all in all a superb game. shame COD5 isnt going to be using this game engine.

also, isnt it true that COD5 will be back in wwII which i have to say i think has been done to death. I wouldnt mind summat new,

ie if it has to be WWII lets have it as a German soldier on the rampage through Europe

or to really mix it up a bit and get people talking, hows about being an Iraqi soldier defending your homeland against the evil west.

2. D@Z

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I'd say the length is just about right. Much longer and I start to get bored and ready to move on. Finishing it then becomes a chore. Also, a lot of people play through games on dificulties other than the hardest (veteran in this case) and then moan it was too short. Personally I feel that if you havent completed COD4 on veteran then you havent finished the game at all so how can you claim its too short??

This game (and most others too) is a totally different experience on veteran and all the other dificulties are different and unique too.

Not sure what level you are on but if you are on veteran and you think its too short then you must be one awesome gamer.

Also, online has the ability to keep you playing for months if not years. I've currently wracked up about 6 days online time and I'm still enjoying it as much as I did on my first go. Aside from mmorpg's on the PC I have never got so much game for my money before in my life.

RE: COD5, I'm of the opinion that no matter how good COD4 is, it would have been even better if they had stuck to the WWII theme. I'm sick of all the modern war type FPSs and cant wait for COD5 to return to the much rarer WWII genre.

3. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,026
    I am playing it on Standard difficulty. For me the best part of a game is the story (which is why generally online games dont interest me so much)

COD4 is kind of an exception to that, as i DO enjoy its online side, tho its still only a side thing, i would never buy a game based mainly on the online side (such as unreal tournament or Q III ).

i will also probably give this one a go through hard as well, just becasue so many claim its a different gaming experience on hard.

4. stepneg

stepneg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
    I read that COD5 will be going back to Treyarch who did COD3 which is a shame.

Setting aside, COD3 was a real let down and plays nothing like 2 and 4 :thumbsdow

5. Immortaleffectz

Immortaleffectz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have a few friends on live that like cod3 more than more. I dont see how COD4 is a pleasure to play and sometimes i cant put the pad down. Shame the next cod will not have the same making. Will have to see when more details come out. Any reason for the change?