COD5 "Easter Eggs"

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by StevePSIV, Feb 10, 2009.

1. StevePSIV

StevePSIV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,707
    *Taken from the official Call of Duty message boards*

**NEW**
    Cliffside's Explosive Barrel
    Confirmed

On Cliffside, look out over the cliff and scout the water using a sniper rifle. A bit past the sand-line, you should see a single floating red barrel. Even though it's out of the map and poses no threat to anyone, it will still explode when shot.
    Found by SOLOCOM

**NEW**
    Makin's Gruesome, Horrifying Sea Monster
    Confirmed

Go into spectator mode. Farther towards the Marine spawn on the southern shore line, you should spot a small circular white wake continuously rising to the surface just inside the maps boundaries. Go beneath the surface of the water at this exact point to see the horrifying leviathan...
    Found by (???)

**NEW**
    Hitler's Speech
    Confirmed

On both Dome and Downfall, you can clearly hear Hitler giving a speech from unseen loudspeakers. A translation of this speech would be nice, for anyone who is very fluent in sie Deutsch. After this being reported over, and over again, I decided to finally just add this to the list.
    Found by Everyone

**NEW**
    Asylum's Odd Tree
    Confirmed

You've all probably seen some pretty odd things outside of a map's normal boundaries, right? Cars inside buildings, floating bushes, trees halfway submerged in the ground. Well in the far Northwest corner of Asylum, there is a odd floating pine tree outside of the map. You obviously need to be in Spectator mode to see it (change teams and select spectator). It's a bit past the 2D line of trees that border part of the map. The odd things about it are that it's rather far away from anything else, it's all alone, and unless you glitched on top of the actual Asylum, you would never even be able to see the tree.
    Found by Zoa

**NEW**
    Asylum's Knocking Sound
    Confirmed

Go about as far West as you can in this map while still managing to stay in the Asylum. Now in this western part of the Asylum, look to the far southwest corner. It's the corner that has a large hole in the roof and walls. Stand in this corner and turn to your North, turn your volume up, and wait. If you're in the right place, after about a minute, you should hear a small distinct knocking noise, comprised of about 3 knocks.
    Found by Zoa

**NEW**
    A.C.H.
    Confirmed

SOLOCOM reports "On Cliffside, fly out to the right-most ship in the water in spectator mode and go to the front-right side of the ship. You will see a weird set of either wooden or metal letters reading A C H." This was reported already, and honestly, I forgot to add it to the list, so sorry to whoever it was in these 39 pages who reported this first.

He also reports seeing the same strange A.C.H. logo on Upheavel. "Go to the German's spawn side. If you're facing this side, there is a blown-out apartment building on your left (catty-corner to the butcher shop). Look up a little in the middle of this building, and you'll see the same A C H made out of the same wood or metal."

I believe this may be a devs initials, simply added to the map as a signature just as Roycewiz (or whatever the CoD4 dev's name was) included his name inside a small building on Overgrown.
    On the Japanese Spawn's side of the map, there are two concrete bunkers. Go into the one at the top of the hill (it has Japanese Flags on it) in spectator mode. Now go through one of the little windows into the back area of the bunker. Turn around and turn your volume up. If you listen, you should hear a strange garbled, and in my opinion, quite disturbing voice coming from the wall. I also looked all over the ceiling, walls, and floor for any strange markings, text, or images that might explain the voice. But I didn't find anything. For now, it's simply a disembodied voice.
    Found by Zoa

Asylum's Bathroom Ghost
    Confirmed

On Asylum, I found the same voice as I did on Cliffside near the bathroom. It comes from just outside of the bathroom, and is best heard in spectator mode.
    Found by Zoa

Dome's Big Crowd
    Confirmed

If you go into the large pit on Dome as a spectator, you will hear the Red Army shouting their battlecry of "URA! URA! URA!" Oddly enough, you can't hear them at all from withing the actual map boundaries (unless you're unfortunate enough to fall in), so this makes the list.
    Found by Jarrad

Asylum's Crying/Laughing Girl
    Confirmed

Just outside of the bathroom on Asylum, exactly where the ghost voice is heard, you can also hear a crying girl. She will switch back and forth from crying to laughing, and just like the voice, is quite creepy.
    Found by Zoa

Asylum's Ghostly Piano Record
    Confirmed

Above the bathroom in an invisible room, a piano can clearly be heard being played on a record player. The piano can only be heard if you music setting in the options menu is on.
    Found by Zoa

Castle's Caulk Shadow
    Confirmed

Somewhere far under Caslte, a floating box that says Caulk Shadow has been spotted. I myself have not seen it, but it's been reported so often and there's a youtube video of it, so it has to be labelled as Confirmed. This is just a programming glitch, but it's rare and special enough to be on this list.
    Found by Unknown

Nacht der Untoten's Radio from the Future
    Confirmed

On the map Nacht der Untoten when playing Nazi Zombies, there is a radio on the table next to the random weapon crate in the 'HELP' room. Hitting the radio with your knife will turn it on. The radio plays a few different sound tracks. A few soundtracks from the game, creepy music, techno (mind you this is set in WW2), etc... So check this out next time you play zombies.
    Found by Unknown

Cliffside's Mysterious Shrub
    Confirmed

Go into specatator on Cliffside and look down the cliff at the beach. To the left, you should see a small crater on the beach where a mortar shell has hit. Fly down through the crater and keep going down. Eventually, you will go into some invisibile water. (By the way, I had my turtle beaches turned all the way up, and that splashing sound scared the sh*t out of me.) Now come up out of the water a bit and look around. You should see a large bush nearby in the mist. It's just kinda floating there really far under the map.
    Found by ShadoeElite

Asylum's Knocking Ghost
    Confirmed

All around the stairs that are a bit away from where the piano can be heard, you can here knocking on the wood that is covering up all the windows. If you fly around constantly as a spectator, you will here this wooden knock everywhere. And it distinctly sounds like some deliberately knocking on wood. It can also be heard on the boarded up windows on the other side of the map.
    Found by Zoa

Hangar's Torture Chamber
    Confirmed

In the bottom of the 2 story tin building on the Marine's spawn, there is a jail cell with a dead tortured Russian soldier lying in it. Coming from the door in the cell, you can periodically here a Japanese person torturing another soldier.

Asylum's Own Jack the Ripper
    False

The user Strayton reported that a strange ripping sound, as if cloth was being ripped apart, was being heard on Asylum. After investigating for about 15 minutes, I concluded that it is just cut and exposed electrical wiring on the ceiling of the bottom floor in the hallway near the bathroom. From upstairs, it does sound like something being ripped though.

I personally haven't tried or noticed any of these, going to now that I know about them. Just thought I'd share them [​IMG]

2. TyFlip

TyFlip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Awesome mate, thanks for that!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. Fmrl

Fmrl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +409
    If you go to the small two storey building at the back of the Seelow map you can faintly hear the sound of Treyarch developers sobbing after reading about the impending the release of KZ2.

4. TyFlip

TyFlip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Wikkkid stuff

5. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,189
    LOL i heard the same voices in the church on outskirts. They were praying for the online to be broken just like theirs.

6. TyFlip

TyFlip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    There's also a scratching sound on Asylum - above the bathroom and directly above the archway.

I thought it was someone planting a betty for some reason but spectated to hear the noises last night and whoooooooa!

Spookaaaay!

7. Fmrl

Fmrl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +409
    There's some exposed wiring in that area that sounds a bit weird when it sparks (I instinctively duck in that area - too much time spent playing HalfLife!).

There's a couple of places on Outskirts and Upheaval that always make me jumpy (crackling sounds near the burning cars, falling bricks around some of the bombed-out buildings, etc.) - makes me realise how much I rely on audio in this game.

8. beowulf

beowulf
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    i heard that if you get 50 or more kills in one game while using a tank it changes into optimus prime or one of the transformers

well , some 10 year old kid told me actually

9. TyFlip

TyFlip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Might be the wiring that makes that "scratching" noise.

I agree it does make you realise how much you rely on the audio!

Speaking of spooky stuff, I wouldn't mind if they brought a zombie mode out for Airfield or Hangar etc. That would be pretty good.

10. snooper

snooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    :D:D:D

PSN maxy14

11. cod5 waw owner

cod5 waw owner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i found a asylum man ghost voice got to the courtyard and walk past the broken fountain quickly and you should here a realy creepy deep mans voice :thumbsup: