• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

COD5 Beta's on PS3....when & where?

Agrav8er

Well thats just rubbish. Expect glitches galore then & waiting 6months a time for a patch.

Could'nt give the Beta to the PS3 owners, as we would have overloaded the servers:rotfl:

Seems that recent issues with COD4 losing connection are because some of the servers have been switched over to the COD5 beta:mad:

Wilko83

Operation Flashpoint 2 all they way then.
Seals it for me too, i wont be buying a remake of COD 4, just set in the days of old.

Brummy1875

Operation Flashpoint 2 all they way then.
Seals it for me too, i wont be buying a remake of COD 4, just set in the days of old.

Trust me you will be missing out :thumbsup: im a bit bored of cod4 now but i cant stop playing this beta, watch out for the dogs lol :thumbsup:

Genie1

Remembered (1979 - 2009)
Must admit I wasn't gonna get this but after seeing the videos of the multiplayer action i'm getting second thoughts.

It looks just as good if not better than COD4, but still not sure about the dogs.

Nice touches with the perks and challenge mode. Prestige 10 times get 10 custom setups. "Last Man Standing" is like having a medic in the battle field.

CTF :clap:

avolee

Trust me you will be missing out :thumbsup: im a bit bored of cod4 now but i cant stop playing this beta, watch out for the dogs lol :thumbsup:

in your opinion.:devil: to be honest i can see me getting bored with this quickly unless the singleplayer is something a bit special. the multiplayer is cod4 with dlc. it`s just too similar, i`m sorry but it is.

SlinkDaddy

in your opinion.:devil: to be honest i can see me getting bored with this quickly unless the singleplayer is something a bit special. the multiplayer is cod4 with dlc. it`s just too similar, i`m sorry but it is.

I'm pleased the multiplayer is similar to COD4 with dlc! COD4 is amazing online and they were never gonne revamp the online experience that much given the success of COD4. In any series of games you, the online experience only tends to get tweaked through each release. I'm sure Fifa/PES hasn't changed radically from 08 to 09 but nobody moans about that.

As for having no beta for the PS3, that tends to make me worried. Everyone that pays for the game on release will end up being the beta for the PS3:rolleyes:.

Nuggsy

I don't think COD4 was ever a BETA for PS3 but it was for 360 cos I participated.
Lag on COD4? Never experienced it & I have completed Prestige mode x 10 :thumbsup:
I have the BETA for COD WAW on 360 & it is good but very similar to COD4. Gameplay is identical excluding vehicles but to be honest the 1 map on the BETA that has tanks is too small for the vehicles to be of much use.
I won't buy COD WAW as it's more like a new skin for COD4 with overly condensed maps and a flaw in the hit detection.
Without blowing my own trumpet I'm a decent FPS player but taking a man down on the BETA is a bit unreliable. I've loaded 1/2 clips into people & they haven't gone down. The maps all seem to have too many high vantage points and far too many areas of cover.
Don't get me wrong it's good but personally I want something a bit different having ploughed over 14 days solid play into COD4. Far Cry 2 all the way for me!

Fmrl

Lag on COD4? Never experienced it & I have completed Prestige mode x 10 :thumbsup:

You're one of the lucky ones. I'm prestige 3 but only by attrition.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that a lot of people will move on to COD5 when it's released and COD4 online will be a more balanced experience. :smashin:

I was on a team deathmatch last night and someone got 42 kills :eek: - he was skitting about all over the place so no one could hit him. It's not much fun emptying a clip into someone only to have them finish you off with one shot (and then watch yourself not even get a single shot off and pointing in the wrong direction on the killcam).

What I would like to have seen in COD5 if they'd bothered to include PS3 owners in the beta was a "localised" game option (similar to what they've done in Wipeout HD).

NightHawk

Looking forward to this. What's the cheapest pre-order people have found or should we just wait till it's released when it should be cheap in the supermarkets?

Benny Powers

you are prob best to wait until the shop deals on the day tbh.

i would be suprised if it sold out on opening day.

Usama

Distinguished Member
Must admit I wasn't gonna get this but after seeing the videos of the multiplayer action i'm getting second thoughts.

It looks just as good if not better than COD4, but still not sure about the dogs.

Nice touches with the perks and challenge mode. Prestige 10 times get 10 custom setups. "Last Man Standing" is like having a medic in the battle field.

CTF :clap:

You have to get up to level 65 now not 55. Today they have a update where you can go up to level 24 and that means more weapons and more game modes :clap:. Will let you know what it's like.

Last edited:
D

dave5182

Having both PS3 and 360 I am pondering what console to purchase COD5 on, the only thing that is swaying it is that I have people I use to play COD4 on the 360 so I could guarentee some online action but not been on my 360 much since buying the PS3 so I am tempted to get it on that

Insomnia75

Having both PS3 and 360 I am pondering what console to purchase COD5 on, the only thing that is swaying it is that I have people I use to play COD4 on the 360 so I could guarentee some online action but not been on my 360 much since buying the PS3 so I am tempted to get it on that

mate...a lot on here will play on the PS3...just add names from the COD threads :smashin:

D

dave5182

mate...a lot on here will play on the PS3...just add names from the COD threads :smashin:

Cheers for the info
Will pop my PSN id DAVE5182 on some threads

November is going to be an expensive month for me on games

> COD5
> SOCOM
> Little Big Planet
> Quantom Of Solace

Genie1

Remembered (1979 - 2009)
cheers for the info
will pop my psn id dave5182 on some threads

november is going to be an expensive month for me on games

> cod5
> socom
> little big planet
> quantom of solace

rfom2?

D

dave5182

Why did you say that...lol :rotfl: more money out my wallet

Their is probably another game on my list, I have got RFOM1 but not got round to playing it yet so will see how much I like it to see if I will get the sequel

dpb69

My dilemma to, what system, do I try to put up with my loud 360 (stupid fans ) or do I try to use the DS3 which imo isn't too good compared to the 360 pad for fps :confused:

D

dave5182

My dilemma to, what system, do I try to put up with my loud 360 (stupid fans ) or do I try to use the DS3 which imo isn't too good compared to the 360 pad for fps :confused:

If it's any help I decided to give the PS3 version a shot and see how it compares as I normally get most of my FPS games on my 360. If the PS3 version turns out to be rubbish I will trade it in for the 360 version

Feel free to add me on PSN for COD5 if you get it - DAVE5182

Wilko83

I wonder if it will support DS3? after the fiasco with COD4 i hope it does.
To be honest COD5 is only a little appealing, At the moment my most wanted are Far Cry 2, RFoM 2 (thats a maybe) as i was well impressed with the first one (£7 from Game! get in!), and Operation flashpoint 2 next year.
However having said that being a mere weak willed mortal that i am, after reading the posts that the AVF'rs will put up about it. i will probably give in and just buy it! :D

hanksey

Cheers for the info
Will pop my PSN id DAVE5182 on some threads

November is going to be an expensive month for me on games

> COD5
> SOCOM
> Little Big Planet
> Quantom Of Solace

You think you got it bad i have to get for both systems me for ps3 and for my son on xbox so before xmas i got to get

cod5 ps3 xbox
gears 2 xbox
ghwt full kit xbox
silenthill(us) ps3
lbp ps3

so all in all very expensive month for me:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom