COD4 Maps (Best 'n' Worst)

wisey1980

Novice Member
Sorry If there is already a thread for this but just thought I would get every ones opinion of best and worst maps! Mine are:

1. Wet Work

2. Bloc

3. Showdown

And my worst is Bog

What does everyone else think??

M

mixeh

Favourite - Backlot, Crash, Crossfire, Strike
Worst - Wet Work, Block, Showdown

Immortaleffectz

Novice Member
Best = Block , Crossfire & Bog
Worst = Wet Work , Showdown & Crash

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I can never remember the map names :D

Best = Missile Silo thingy place, Shipment and Crash(?with the helicopter crash in the middle)
Worst = Wet Work, Bloc and can't really think of any others I dislike.

Scholes18

Best = Crossfire , District , Overgrown , Strike , Crash

Worst - Bloc , bog but especially shipment

pug24

Novice Member
Best: Vacant, ambush and crossfire (shipment of play headquaters!)

Worst: Bloc, countdown and showdown

enablerbro1

I dislike Wet Work, though I usually do quite well, and I also dislike Showdown. Shipment just seems pointless. When Bloc is just a campfest I really dislike it but when it's a bit more free flowing it's quite fun. I used to enjoy Bog on FFA and I usually did well but hated it initially on TDM but I stopped playing in the yard so much and play through the buildings more now and that has improved things.

A lot of maps are good if you're playing well as a team and are rubbish if you're not, Backlot is like that and Crossfire can be frustrating or a total blast depending on how well you're playing as team.

Pipeline is usually pretty good, as is Ambush but, again, can be ruined if your team are playing like a bunch of muppets.

Bachstrad

Novice Member
Worst = Wet Work

I quite like all the rest

ATB

Max

Rottie

Best:
Ambush
Crash
Overgrown :thumbsup:
Vacant
Crossfire
District
Backlot

Worst:
Shipment (Especially on free-for-all) :eek:
Wet work

BName

Banned
I like them all appart from

Shipment
Wet work
Showdown
Bloc

These 4 maps should be scrapped for one big one.

silvercue

Distinguished Member
(For TDM)

Favs Are:

Overgrown
Downpour
Crash
Ambush
Backlot

I used to hate Crossfire when it was just a snipe fest, but people are playing it differently now and I like it a lot.

Don't Like so much:

Wetwork (though I know how to play it and get good scores, but it's weak)
Bog
vacant
The one with the silos
Bloc

aphex232

My Favs: Crash , Backlot, Crossfire

I hate: Bog, Wet Work, Vacant

wetwork is just stupid and as soon as you go round a corner you get shot, grenade, flash or sniped from the high deck! Vacant you get shot every time you walk round a corner! and Bog you just get sniped all the time

Has anyone ever noticed that when the enemy chopper is flying around, if youre in a ghillie suit and you stay dead still and not move, it actually cant see you. I think you can do it without a ghillie suit on too but cant just remember!

enablerbro1

My Favs: Crash , Backlot, Crossfire

I hate: Bog, Wet Work, Vacant

wetwork is just stupid and as soon as you go round a corner you get shot, grenade, flash or sniped from the high deck! Vacant you get shot every time you walk round a corner! and Bog you just get sniped all the time

Has anyone ever noticed that when the enemy chopper is flying around, if youre in a ghillie suit and you stay dead still and not move, it actually cant see you. I think you can do it without a ghillie suit on too but cant just remember!
Usually works if you lay in long grass regardless of how you're kitted up.

aphex232

thought so, but you have to not move an inch

Pugs1

More to the point

Why does it always seem that the worse ones are the first ones you join:rotfl:

Ratinho

Worst are Wet Work, Showdown, Bog and Bloc. All awful.

Best are Crash, Vacant and Backlot.

Countdown has it's charms, as does Crossfire. I'm learning to like Ambush after initially hating it. Shipment is there for comedy value and provides it. Overgrown is just odd for me....can't work out whether i hate it or just cba with it.

District and Strike so middle ground that no-one likes or dislikes them. They are both decent most of the time.

i dislike - wetwork
bloc
bog

love the rest,shipment is a great map for that mode (cant remember name) where its one v one but shouldnt be used for anything else imo.

my favourite has to be crash though :thumbsup: as a all round map its superb and works well for all game types :smashin:

torr1x

Novice Member
My biggest gripe after buying an xbox recently is that the two games they rave about for multiplayer (halo 3 / cod4) you can't choose what maps to play.

As a result i end up cancelling out of alot of map loads as i refuse to play vacant, wetworks, showdown and the silo one. Fave maps are ambush, strike, district, backlot, crossfire, bloc, crash, dont mind the rest.

Dont think ive ever played shipment once in hundreds of games

ohh_danielson

Distinguished Member
My biggest gripe after buying an xbox recently is that the two games they rave about for multiplayer (halo 3 / cod4) you can't choose what maps to play.

As a result i end up cancelling out of alot of map loads as i refuse to play vacant, wetworks, showdown and the silo one. Fave maps are ambush, strike, district, backlot, crossfire, bloc, crash, dont mind the rest.

Dont think ive ever played shipment once in hundreds of games
Try keep it that way :rotfl:

Worst are Wet Work, Bog and Bloc and shipment

I really like crossfire at the mo, can play the map in many ways, i also like vacant, although it can turn into run round the corner and your dead which is annoying!Overgrown is great :) similar to why i like crossfire, you can be picking off long shots, or in face to face battles.Also like Crash, they are probably my favourite the rest i dont mind :)

[email protected]

Novice Member
The only one I really detest and always back out of if it isnt going to be skipped is Bloc. That level really is shockingly bad.

I dont particularly like wet work but I tolerate it.

My favourites are Crash, Strike, Pipeline, Backlot and Downpour but all the others are excellent too.

Ratinho

Yes you can. They aren't going to make it that way in ranked because it kinda defeats the object.

torr1x

Novice Member
Why ?

Every pc game ive played allows you to view available games / maps / connection, some allow callvoting, i want to come in from a day at work choose to play a ranked game of ffa on crash or whatever map i want, can't understand why its so difficult.

TheProperJayC

favorite - crash

least favorite - overgrown

for some reason i always seem to do really well on wetwork, its just a case of waiting for them to come to you and blindly lobbing some grenades over the containers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Warner Bros 2021 movies coming to HBO Max and cinemas simultaneously
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett