COD2 Tactics

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Deputy Dawg UK, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Deputy Dawg UK

Deputy Dawg UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I read on this forum how many of us are so sh** at COD2 and they continually keep getting blown away as soon as they move an inch....Well I would just like to meet you!!! because uo to now everyone I seem to play is at 10 kills before i even get started. Maybe some of the more proficient members of this forum can pass on some tactics to those of us who are shall I say not quite so proficient (SH**)...

Is lying in wait sniping the way forward (my way) or just to move round shooting everything best way to approach it....Any ideas would be most gratefully accepted.:lease:

2. sparkymark75

sparkymark75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +744
    I suppose everything's relative and one persons idea of being c**p is another persons great. I occassionally snipe for a bit but I find that a), it get's boring lying in wait and, b) you tend to kill more people keeping on the move.

Most people know the good sniping places on the maps now and there's not really any fool-proof hiding place.

There was one game I was in on one of the French maps, it was a team deathmatch and a guy on the opposite team always headed to the same second floor room to snipe on people. All I had to do was hide behind another building and watch for him running into the house, I'd then go into the bottom floor and shoot him in the back through the holes in the floor!!

[Edit] - Just noticed your in my friends list but never yet met you online.

3. Caveman49

Caveman49

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Hi Kevin, I am the same as you - I 'sniper' and I think I am actually a good shot but I very rarely win the deathmatches.

The people who seem to win the deathmatches are the ones with the machine guns who just constantly run arund firing at everything.

However in the stats they are the ones who also get killed the same amount.

Is it just me or would a better way of scoring be the number of times you kill - minus the number of times you are killed (like goal difference).

If this was the case, I would be a lot higher than I normally am, and always console myself with that fact !!

Feel free to add me to your friends list Kevin !! I will be the one with the sniper rifle hiding somewhere !!

4. Deputy Dawg UK

Deputy Dawg UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Caveman added you to my friends (will when i get home) Look forward to meeting both you and Sparky Mark...

I agree with you I have noticed that as well the people who run around shooting everything also get killed the most A 'goal average' system would have been much better...

I'm pretty new to 'online' so am still locating those good sniper spots but I suppose if everyone was to 'lie in wait' no one would get killed!!!!

5. chillo

chillo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    i like running around with the shotgun and just blowing people away, also love beating people down when you come up behind them!!:hiya:

loving cod now they have sorted the lag!!:clap: :clap:

6. signs

signs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
    i like sniping....but the golden rule about being a sniper is...one shot one kill...
    so once you have shot somebody move to a new position..good luck :)

7. PaleRider1975

PaleRider1975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    I agree with Signs, plus pick up a shotgun if you see one laying around, it's a good up close weapon which does a lot of damage.

8. pjbish

pjbish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I used to be a sniper too, but as you all said, it gets boring and I never won any deathmatches at all. Now, I use the shotgun and pick up a sniper rifle if I find one, best of both worlds. I tend to always be in the top 2 now when playing!

Following on from Kevin's comment, I have to agree in some way. Me for instance usually gets on average 80-100 kills to 15-30 deaths (30 minute game) which isn't bad. When I was a sniper, this used to be 20-30 kills to 5-10 deaths!! Much prefer the shotgun though, sooooo much more fun!!

I think the biggest tip I can give is "Don't run in a straight line!!" If its you (shotgun) against a sniper, you have a 97% chance of killing him if you keep zig zagging all over the place. Remember, it takes quite a long time for a sniper to "re-cock" a bullet and in that time you could fire off at least 3 shots of your shotgun!!

Have fun! ;)

9. daKlone

daKlone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    And don't forget - sniping is gay. :devil:

10. TopGun MoFo

TopGun MoFo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know what you mean (pjbish), I think I am doing really well until I look at my stats. (I perfer to snipe, one kill and move, picking up the other people's macine guns as I try and move to another position).

Trouble is most of the people who kick my ass are crazy as little kids running round with shot guns etc, im only 26 (so not exactly old) but when I say kids I mean kids!

My little boy (who is 8) always plays when he gets home from school and he was doing a 30 min team death match earlier today.

I asked him how he was doing about 25 mins into the match "Not too bad, Dad" shows me his stats, 189 kills been killed 12 times! WTF I would have about 25-35 kills and been killed about 10-20 times at that point in a match.

He tends to start with a machine gun or shotgun running round like a crazy fool and then picks up other people scoped guns.

So it's no more sniping for me in future!!!

11. signs

signs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
    christ... no more cod2 for me :)

12. CDR

CDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +312
    pff so you let your 8yr old play a rated 15+ game :p
    .. i'm one to talk, i let my 11yr old sister have a go lol!

13. bananaman_man

bananaman_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just started playing COD online, and am keen to play people of a similar playing period.

So, feel free to add my name!

Gamertag: Hobbiton