COD2 Patch

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Deputy Dawg UK, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputy Dawg UK

Deputy Dawg UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Having had my 360 since December but only been online for about 2 weeks I have to say COD2 is fantastic....don't get me wrong I'm no good my tactics are something out of 'Dads Army' but there is nothing beeter than lying in wait for prey then zooming in and bang! another kill !!!! anyway can anyone let me know what the patch will do?

thanks to all the 40+ gamers who i've now added to my friends

2. krlock2

krlock2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    patch will allow you more choice in setting up your online game. choosing maps, etc. will allow host to kick players. will allow you to return to lobby after game, i.e. staying together.

i wish infinity ward had not even announced the patch on 27th feb, cause im checking every day since and it annoys me it takes so long.

krlock2

3. Gillsfan

Gillsfan
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Its such a shame they havent yet released the patch. Its a fantastic game and really would have more of a following if they sorted the multiplayer issues.

4. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503
    I think its disgusting that 4 months on we still havent got a patch. What are Activison playing at. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

5. oldman100

oldman100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170

I agree but if and when the said patch is delivered with all the goodies this game will rock :clap: :smashin: :thumbsup: :hiya:

6. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503

COD 2 is definately a good single player and the multi player would rock as you say, but why have they left it so long, its as though Activision cant be arsed with its customers. If this was happening on the pc a patch would of been out with in a few weeks of release. :(

7. oldman100

oldman100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    The customer service provided by both I.W and Activision absolutely sucks :mad:

I don't think in all my years of gaming (too many to mention) have I ever seen such a disregard for customer service as these two companies are currently showing.

8. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503

I totally agree with you 100% there. The online problems of COD2, DOA4, GRAW are really putting me off my 360. So much so that I have hardly played it over the last few days, which is unusual as I like to play a few games every day.

I think we should be entitled to a discount or a full refund from their products as it doesn't do what it says on the box. :thumbsdow

How can microsoft stand by these companies and let them get away with it. Surely this isnt doing them any good.

9. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    If they dont sort out all these online issues and keep releasing half done games then the PS3 will win the battle before its even out.:mad:

10. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503

I agree, with that too.

11. m40wen

m40wen
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Yep me too, and I hate the pair of you.

Though I do have one point - if we are all getting ps3s and 360s, how do we know which console we will be all on in the evening? Which threads should we post in? The mind boggles at these complexities.

Though, on topic, there is no excuse why this patch has taken so long, nor why companies are realising sub standard games which are patched later.

12. krlock2

krlock2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i know algebra!!

no patch yet = unfunny joke.

13. sparkymark75

sparkymark75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +744
    Don't want to start a fight here as I'm fed up with lag, disconnections and not being able to stay in the same room just as much as the next CoD 2 player, but are any of you games developers? Or even programmers?

Software/games development is not always an exact science and can take a long time to get right. I'm just hoping that's why their taking their time, to get it right first time, instead of rushing a patch out which solves some problems but causes others.

14. AVRocky

AVRocky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Is COD2's single player better than GRAW's :confused: :confused:

15. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503

If it takes Activision this long to produce (or not) a patch then I guess they must of started programing COD2 for the 360 in the 1980's. PC patches come very quickly, a 4 month delay is unheard of. :confused:

16. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,772
    I agree that this has taken far too long and that both Activision and IW's approach to the customer base has been poor, though i think Microsoft didn't help by changing something in the 360 at the last minute that made the lag situation worse.

However, IMO i think the patch is actually pretty much ready but if you look at all the new games that are coming out at the moment, if they release the patch now then COD2 is going up against GRAW, which is newer and the current AAA title

Now call me cynical, but I reckon the patch is being held for a couple of weeks to let all the fuss about GRAW die down, then launch the patch and boom everyone who has the game is back on it as they have played GRAW to death for a 2-3 weeks

17. dino2021

dino2021

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Its actually nearly 5 months as it was out in the USA for a month before us.

waste of time now with the new wave of fps comming out

18. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503

Your right as well. The crying shame of it all is that COD2 could of being ruling Live for fps. :suicide:

19. mklion1972

mklion1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think their adding a couple of new maps to the multiplay as well. and lets face it if your patching up a dodgy sections of a game, you want to make sure the patch does what it's supposed to do.

20. Deputy Dawg UK

Deputy Dawg UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Anyone seen the below.....If not then just for your info We live in hope!!!!

I am at pains to point out that this is NOT AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCMENT
    Im sure everyone is wondering why the patch is taking so long, so I thought Id share a little of what I know about the situation.

For those that dont know me, I also work at Infinity Ward Nation, as a staff member. I have spoken to some of the Developers at IW (makers of COD2), and have even spoken to Grant Collier, CEO for IW. So, as such, I am uniquely qualified to get some of the `inside` story on things.

As both Activision and IW have a HDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) with Micosoft, they cannot divulge too much about the causes of the hold up. This explains why IW remains tight-liped about the whole deal. But, with a little detective work, I have pieced things together, and this is my estimate of the situation:

Activison and IW have an agreement with MS to roll out any patches for COD2 together - for both the 360 and the PC. As the 360 was shipped without an adequate update system in place, this has held things up - until an adequate update system for the 360 was implimented.

As most 360 users will tell you, as of this week, there is finally an Update patch available to all 360 users with a Live account. This is mandatory, so every 360 user has to download it. It will fit on either a mem card or a hd.

As the 360 has now been readied for any updates, rumor has it that the COD2 patch will be released this week. Im not totally confident that this rumor is accurate, but I do know that the patch is now very close. the PC patch has been ready for some time now, and now that the 360 is ready for updates, I think it safe to say it will probable be sometime this month

21. tjradiohead

tjradiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    This game is dead to me.

Activision, you missed the boat.

22. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    where was this posted and when? thought i had heard this a while ago now. it even mentions the live update which happened a while ago now too.
    would be good to get cod2 patched as i really enjoyed the SP and think the multiplayer has a lot of potential if patch sorts out the main problems.

23. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503

Sort of feeling the same, they still have our cash though. Should we not as customers get a refund or money off our purchase as the game is clearly faulty.

24. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    The info was posted right after the xbox update which was weeks ago!

I'm not holding my breath, will there ever be a patch?:(

25. Deputy Dawg UK

Deputy Dawg UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Guys,

sorry about that I think the above statement was a couple of weeks ago, I have now found the below!!!!!

Many Xbox360 owners have had to put up with a game that promises so much, but ultimately doesn't deliver. That game? Call Of Duty 2.

The online aspect of the game has been ripped apart and ridiculed by many frustrated gamers, unable to find mates, connect to servers and actually get a decent online match.

Well, a moderator, (now ex-moderator) on the IW forums gave a pointed post as to why the issue has taken so long to rectify.

The full post, which can be found below goes into detail, pointing the finger at Microsoft, and stating that until the recent update to the system was made, the console didn't have a workable upgrade proceedure, making the patch impossible to work and distribute.

As mentioned, possibly due to the post he made, the writer is no longer a moderator of the forum.

26. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,112

This is weeks old too, it was the first part detailing/introducing the initial post information above!

No patch me thinks!

27. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can add PDZ to this list of disgrace, there is a huge bug in that stops acheivements being unlocked. If you start a game that is already in progress, you stats appear on YOUR xbox, but dont get saved on the servers. So for example your 360 might tell you that you deserve the 1000 headshot achievement, but you wont get it.

28. english_bob

english_bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    by the time they patch this miserable online game, everyone would of switched to Battlefield 2 :clown:

29. runam0k

runam0k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    The thing is when you do get a good, lag free game, it's great. It's a great FPS. It deserves a patch.

As for blaming MS, well, it was lazy dev in the first instance.

30. MonkeyKnuckle

MonkeyKnuckle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +718
    its live:thumbsup: the patch that is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.