COD: WWII PS4 Discussion and playing tips

Do I automatically get new maps or do I need to pay?? I have sent the Cartegen one pop up this week...

You have to buy the season pass for all the 4 map packs when released, or you can buy them individually from PSN store

Last edited:
You have to buy the season pass for all the 4 map packs being done released, or you can buy them individually from PSN store
Im sure you have to wait 2 weeks to buy them if you do not own the season pass.

Is there any way of selecting which maps you play in the war mode? Bit sick of Neptune and Griffin!

Loving this more recently. Was a bit meh early on but just like very cod game ever, once I stick with it a while and adjust to the pace I really get into it.
So massively dependent on ping though, it's instantly obvious when the connection sucks as it nearly impossible to get the drop on someone. When I play in the morning I can pretty much guarantee 1st place in my team, but in the evening I get pasted.
BT infinity.... "we never throttle speeds" yeah right.

Is that a map from mw2 im sure it is.

I read somewhere that it was from MW3 but can’t confirm as I skipped that CoD.

Still undecided about the new maps and not even played the new War map yet.

I came to cod ww2 late on as went off the franchise after ghosts and although not as good as bf1 it is still fun to play in a arcade type of way,having come from bf1 I'm still getting used to the smaller maps and I hope that like bf some of the doc maps will be free to play in time as the amount that you get with the base game is unacceptable imo .

I read somewhere that it was from MW3 but can’t confirm as I skipped that CoD.

Still undecided about the new maps and not even played the new War map yet.
sorry man your right it is mw3 map wtf

I came to cod ww2 late on as went off the franchise after ghosts and although not as good as bf1 it is still fun to play in a arcade type of way,having come from bf1 I'm still getting used to the smaller maps and I hope that like bf some of the doc maps will be free to play in time as the amount that you get with the base game is unacceptable imo .

if you like battlefield games (yes they are far better than cod) bf4 is a better all round game than bf1 imo but both cracking games.

Valkyrie on Domination is a brilliant map IMO, if your team has A and B captured, just plot yourself in the B building and you can basically just own the game by yourself, if you're up to the challenge that is ;)

+ Hardpoint on Anthropoid is a winner!

+ Had some beastly games in Resistance on MW3 - so to see this map back is good!

Last edited:
last couple of updates have screwed up hit detection for me. Plus the new resistance gun (volkersomething) is overpowered

last couple of updates have screwed up hit detection for me. Plus the new resistance gun (volkersomething) is overpowered
Is that the pistol?

If so then yes very overpowered! I had a few games in a row where about half the other team just ran round with pistols and did pretty well for themselves! frustrating as hell

nah it’s one of the rifles. called Volkssturmgewehr and it’s crazy o/p

Last edited:
It's the shotguns that are massively overpowered in my opinion,nearly as bad as the bloody cavalry in bf1

They should introduce a game mode that only allows assault rifles and SMGs, sick of being picked off by unseen snipers and running round corners getting popped by shotguns

They should introduce a game mode that only allows assault rifles and SMGs, sick of being picked off by unseen snipers and running round corners getting popped by shotguns
+1 remember how MWR for one weekend alone had a game mode called Shotguns and Pistols.

Well FFA in this game they may as well rename it to Shotguns and Betties. Its the whole game mode.

I am still not 100% sure on the best basic training perk to overcome those damned betties. At least with MWR you could see the things and they had Sit Rep allowing them to glow red through walls. This game there seems to be nothing except a perk that means if you are running they are delayed a brief moment but if you are not running its useless.

+1 remember how MWR for one weekend alone had a game mode called Shotguns and Pistols.

Well FFA in this game they may as well rename it to Shotguns and Betties. Its the whole game mode.

I am still not 100% sure on the best basic training perk to overcome those damned betties. At least with MWR you could see the things and they had Sit Rep allowing them to glow red through walls. This game there seems to be nothing except a perk that means if you are running they are delayed a brief moment but if you are not running its useless.
I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but in other COD games, especially Blops 2, if you hear one go off you can just go prone and you'll survive.
Every time I've been killed by a bouncing betty in WW2 I've reacted far too late to do anything, so I'm wondering if you act quick enough you can just go prone.

I wish to hell I never bought the Deluxe version of this game with the Map packs.

In the previous CODs I have been playing non stop Ground War as the extra people means mayhem and constant people to kill. This game doesn't have it so I have been playing a lot of Free For All to get the same experience. Which was great fun until last week when the map pack come out.

Now its a case of in the lobby you will usually get 6 or 7 players in the game and not 8. And they are some of the scrubbiest arseholes on the planet earth making up these 6 players meaning this is no fun whatsoever.

Everyone else quits the game during it due to this scrubbiness and find their scrubbiness is not coming top so this means games end with something like 3 or 4 players in it which also means finding people for those last set of kills to hit 30 is painful.

If you leave the game and go back to FFA to find another. You are put back into the same game.

This is all because of (whoever the hell made this game) thinking they are doing people a favour by forcing you to be in Map pack owning lobbies and segregating you from normal players who don't have it. The map pack maps are also three of the worst maps in the game

There is no way to delete the map pack from your system too. I deleted all 60GB of this game from my PS4 (I bought it digitally) to redownload it to find its the map pack automitically back.

Complete joke this. It is double soldier and Weapon XP weekend and there is literally only 6 or 7 people in a flippin FFA game on a Sunday afternoon when really there will be 10s of thousands of people in it I just am segregated away from them all as I have the glorious map pack.

the new maps are good. more
of the same really. I play domination 99% of the time and have no issues. Still overpowered guns in game, but can’t help keep playing this

Last night I had the most fun in a game I've had since owning WW2.

It was a game of Hardpoint in the new Occupation map, we were being absolutely dominated by the other team in the first half - score was something like 30-120, then it went up to 50-170.

Then all of a sudden a breath of fresh air come over my team, we started racking up the kills, positioned ourselves brilliantly, and started racking up those points, 100-170, 150-170. Then we slipped a bit and it went to about 170-230, then boom, we're back in the game, we went all the way to about 235-230, we have a chance! The last bit of the game was very back and forth with the hardpoint and low and behold we ended on a draw on 247-247, bearing in mind the winning score is 250 points.

What a brilliant game that was, both teams dominated at different points, and we were evenly matched at the end, if only every game was like that. :D:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom