COD: WWII PS4 Discussion and playing tips

Anyone still playing this? Nearly sold it but now getting back into it. Not as good as j used to be back in the day but improving!

Starting playing this back in December after a couple of years hiatus from CoD. Really enjoying it. Nice to be back to boots on the ground because all the jumping crap ruined it for me.

Starting playing this back in December after a couple of years hiatus from CoD. Really enjoying it. Nice to be back to boots on the ground because all the jumping crap ruined it for me.
Feel free to add me rb5201. Getting on a few nights. Trying to do the daily and weekly orders which is easier on shipment I'm finding.

This is now available to download as the free PSN plus game for June :clap:

I honestly think this is the best call of duty game since Modern Warfare 2 in 2009. And having permanent Hardcore shipment 24/7 mode is fantastic fun. (Strangely Hardcore Shipment is not as insane as you'd think, its actually much better than regular shipment on that game)

Whats the single player like? Not bothered about the MP at all.

Yeah, as said above , it's really good. Worth downloading just to run through the story. Multiplayer was good too but that was 2 and a half years ago.

People still play shipment. Some modes its a struggle. But you are pretty much guaranteed a game of Shipment no matter what time of day you play.

This will be increased exponentially now that the game has been given away free too. (Shipment was a free map addition, not a paid for map pack map)

Cheers guys. Might have a look at the SP then if it's decent as zero interest in the MP

Can't confirm yet but supposedly 1100 free CoD points too just for downloading (supposedly for use in MW, which means that you can get the battle pass for free). I'm downloading now so I'll see shortly

So if you were lucky enough to be able to download either the gold or digital deluxe editions earlier then you can get 1100 free Cod points. Sony changed it pretty quickly because when I went to download it the game was £49.99 even though other people were already downloading it for free. Eventually it showed up as free but it was the normal version.

Whatever version you downloaded you need to go into multiplayer and then look along the top for 'HQ' and then 'Mail' . If you're lucky you'll have 1100 poinst in there waiting to be collected. I only had 100 sitting there but I'm guessing that was left over from when I used to actually play the game

Turns out i'd actually completed the SP on this and i'd just totally forgotten about it. Uninstalled.

Going to play the campaign on this soon. Been trying zombies and I like it. Seems like there is an objective which is good and gives u something to do

Really enjoyed the SP in this but what's with the bloody music,was hoping that they might have patched in a option to disable it since I bought it on release day a few years back but no.

Okay, I'm probably being thick here (no change there then!)...

I went to download this tonight and all I can find on the PS Store is "Call of Duty®: WWII - Gold Edition", which is labelled as "Not available for purchase" with the reason: You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s): / You already own / Call of Duty®: WWII".

I have PS Plus so grabbed this back in May (?) when it was one of the monthly games, so the message telling me I already own it is technically correct. However I didn't download it at the time as I thought I'd be coming back to it at a later date. I've looked on the store for the vanilla release and I can't see it. I've just trawled through my download list via the PS Store web page and it doesn't appear there either.

So my question is - how do I download it?! Has that version disappeared or is it actually right there, hiding in plain sight and I'm just a little slow on the uptake? :rotfl:

So my question is - how do I download it?! Has that version disappeared or is it actually right there, hiding in plain sight and I'm just a little slow on the uptake? :rotfl:

Can you not just on the Playstation home screen (not the store, the console home screen) scroll right along to the right to library and then look at either your purchases or PS+ owned games and find it in either list and then click on the downward arrow to download it.

Its a fantastic game by the way. My personal favourite Call of Duty Game this generation alongside Modern Warfare Remastered.

Thanks for the quick reply. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately it doesn't appear in my purchases/Playstation Plus list - that's the first place I looked, so perhaps should've mentioned that in my post!

After my in-depth 5 minutes analysis it seems to me like the vanilla version isn't available visible (to me) on the store via either the PC or PS4 for whatever reason (I'm still not ruling out my ineptitude).

The vanilla version doesn't exist any more. You can only get Gold. I bought the vanilla version of the game on disk version for the Xbox One and never bought a single map pack, and this downloaded the gold version.

Try searching your emails for the "thank you for purchasing...." email from when you got it from PS+ as it always sends a purchased email. As this has a link allowing you to add it to your download queue.

Yep, tried that as well. :D

The email would've ended up in the trash can after I'd purchased that month's games for Plus, and of course the trash can automatically clears itself out after 30 days...

I thought these games were "keep them forever/the lifetime of your subscription"? Binning it off after a couple of months doesn't give me a lot of time to come back and try stuff I'd parked! I've never seen that happen to other Plus games, and I've subscribed for years.

Try going here and setting it off to download when you find it in your list

1597701751100.png

I definitely "bought" it as I can see the transaction via the website:
1597701869064.png

Last edited:
Try going here and setting it off to download when you find it in your list

...I've just trawled through my download list via the PS Store web page and it doesn't appear there either...

Thanks, but I had tried that - all 50 pages of it! I wish you could order those results by purchase date as I had all sorts of PS3 stuff appearing with June 2020 dates? I really don't know what I'm doing, do I?!
:rotfl:

I guess that was a screenshot you've just done, so it appears to be showing WWII : The Vanilla Edition for you?

1597702112139.png

Okay, might have sussed it. This was starting to bother me enough that I went back downstairs (we were all locked up and alarmed!) to faff with the console. Long story short - I think I may now be allowed to download the game as I restored the licenses via the PS4. Why do I always forget that option?! I say "think" as I need to clear some space but at least I seemingly now have the option.

Anyway thanks for your help, and I apologise for wasting your time!

And let's hope I actually enjoy it once I get cracking...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom