COD: World at War - Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a vote coming on

Maybe we could start with game style options could be ffa, team based or both.

Which team based games could be a future poll based on results.

If theres a good enough call for both then maybe have a single plsyer tourney and a team tourney:clap:

Also thanks be to Deftones so sorting this

Tournament is going to be a PITA to organise a team based event. Perhaps it should just be a FFA like the COD4. This will avoid people not turning up and letting down other team members (not saying anyone would stitch people up but sometimes things come up) and also means we can set a date for in a months time.
In the meantime why don't we make this friday "team night" and have a go at president, S&D and all the other playlists. Pick teams early and stick to them for the rest of the night. As players come and go they get assigned to which team is needing.

Tournament is going to be a PITA to organise a team based event. Perhaps it should just be a FFA like the COD4. This will avoid people not turning up and letting down other team members (not saying anyone would stitch people up but sometimes things come up) and also means we can set a date for in a months time.
In the meantime why don't we make this friday "team night" and have a go at president, S&D and all the other playlists. Pick teams early and stick to them for the rest of the night. As players come and go they get assigned to which team is needing.

sounds good ,if not a little complicated for a Friday :beer::laugh::zonked:

I don't remember that game :confused:

hooooo the hokey kokie

me me me :thumbsup:

If we do team based we should use some type of seeding system. Prestige/rank wouldn't work with this game is newer and some of the very good players are still a low rank. Selecting captains and having them choose from the available teams would work well.

That said it would be interesting to see if tactics can win out over skill.

Last edited:
Please add AVF name Lee and XBL tag "DJ OVENGLOVES"

Cheers

BTW -wife and kid are away for several nights starting tomorrow...I'll be on ALOT over the next few days :rotfl:

Reserved For Players/Teams

Players Signed Up So Far - Put Your Name Down If You Want To Join In
:thumbsup:

No. AVF Member Name Gamertag
1 Deftones DEFTONES1210
2 mossym mossym
3 iluvmelmac HS DEADMEAT
4 Hillskill SteveHillskill
5 Thariq thariq001
6 Bearman3784 Bearman3784
7 Spammy2505 Spammy2505
8 RedAl OleSolskjaer99
9 W0LFIE Wolf Steppen
10 Signs paramount signs
11 Brumhee Brumhee
12 wiidave29 Davidhyder666
13 MuskieMuskrat Muskie Muskrat
14 Bourner Bourner
15 snorbawod gismoid
16 Yubious Yubious
17 ja5on NaughtyJay

Guys,
Will post up a poll tomorrow for people to vote for Game Types.

At the moment i am just trying to stop my xbox from crashing :mad:
Keep getting green vertical lines appear on screen and then keeps going black :eek:

Its on its way out isnt it :rolleyes::confused::thumbsdow

bloody typical :mad:

Guys,

Keep getting green vertical lines appear on screen and then keeps going black :eek:

Is it the TV ?

Guys,

smells like gpu going bye bye :rolleyes:

Is it the TV ?

Bloody hope not :(
Got no money for a new tv or xbox:(
Its the Xbox i think, have turned it off and back on again and its seems to be ok. Am just playing music at the moment and it happened again but just went black. Its back on again and running fine for the moment.
Not tried a game yet, got dinner guests turning up in a minute :thumbsdow

I reckon your wife has killed it :eek: she's seen your thinking of doing a tournament and she has said b***ockS to that ,i'm going to kill it

Guys,

mate thats bad news my old one was doing that and i ended up with e74 error not too far after, i sent mine off on a lark last week and marked it as 3 rrod and as e74 is not covered after 1 yr , they sent it a new one back today, its got a manu date of 10/2008 , GO MS !!!

so i am smiling ,or rather my bro is smiling as i bought a new one

Add me please, I'll be up for a tournament :thumbsup:

mate thats bad news my old one was doing that and i ended up with e74 error not too far after, i sent mine off on a lark last week and marked it as 3 rrod and as e74 is not covered after 1 yr , they sent it a new one back today, its got a manu date of 10/2008 , GO MS !!!

so i am smiling ,or rather my bro is smiling as i bought a new one

Yeah i suspect its on the way :thumbsdow
Played some scene it and Rock band with dinner guests last night and it seems fine now but i am sure it wont last for long.
Its just got to last til Monday though so i can get a weekend of gaming in :thumbsup:

If it does go then i will do as you did :smashin:

Deftones

Last edited:

Steve i think your spot on actually.
I dont think i will have the time to organise a team based tourney and the FFA one on COD4 did work well thanks to you ofcourse :smashin:

I will update the 1st post and state that it is FFA.
We can then see how the team games go and then if someone is up for it then they can organise it. Nothing wrong with having regularTourneys :thumbsup:

Any idea of how we will do the groups ?
Was thinking maybe having a Noob class, Regular players class & an Elite/advanced class ?
Then the Noob winner gets bronze, regular gets silver and the elite winner gets gold ?

Would depend on how many people sign up i guess.

1st Post Updated.
This Will be A FREE FOR ALL Tournament, this is open to everyone and all skill levels :smashin:

Idea of this is to meet other AVF members and have some fun playing Call Of Duty : World At War Online :thumbsup:

Apologies to people wanting a team based Tourney, let me know if you would like to drop out.

Deftones

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom