Cod World at War-Are the glitches fixed? System Freezes and Cheesy Wotsits!

TyFlip

Novice Member
Well, I for one have seen none of those pesky glitchers but have witnessed an increase in system freeze, lobbie problems (which have been there all along) and some other silly little problems that seem if at all possible, top be getting gradually worse.

Glitches/Glitchers:-
People under the map, in walls and hovering way up in the air superman style.... you get the picture. I honestly haven't noticed any for about a week now! Great! I've seen people jumping at walls and all that malarky but nothing else so I presume these are now fixed?

System Freeze:-
I personally have had some major issues with my PS3 freezing and what not. A few of my issues like not being able to access my XMB, invite friends into the lobbie (with the triangle button) and the game actually freezing were getting right on me nerves! However, I noticed just the other day that some problems were because my R2 button was slighlty busted and jamming down, sometimes nullifying other command buttons, so that goes some way to explaining a few issues that I was experiencing.

Johny33 PM'd me saying that he had a major FREEZE last night after coming out of a lobbie - has anyone else experienced these? The PS3 I've got is relatively new (I've had 2 to date & nothing problematic with my previous one) and I have indeed had major FREEZE issues whilst on COD WaW.

I have never had any problems on other games which I would consider larger/possibly more complex etc ie:- RFOM 2, GTAIV, MGS4.

The other niggle I have is with Spawning - I have so far spawned in Tabun Gas (got killed immediately), in a pack of dogs (got killed immediately), with a dog attached to me (joking on that one), in front of someone with my back to them (got killed instantly), next to a tank (got run over instantly), next to a bouncing betty (got killed instantly).......The list goes on. Now I know it is difficult to avoid certain spawn issues but last night in a Hardcore Team Deathmatch (just one example), I died 5 times on the trot in Hanger immediately upon spawning coupled with a 13 second spawn time, it does annoy the hell out of me! GRRRRR!

I aint going to go into the coloured names lol!

Oh & before I forget:-

:thumbsup:

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Glitches/Glitchers:-
People under the map, in walls and hovering way up in the air superman style.... you get the picture. I honestly haven't noticed any for about a week now! Great! I've seen people jumping at walls and all that malarky but nothing else so I presume these are now fixed?

Johny33 PM'd me saying that he had a major FREEZE last night after coming out of a lobbie - has anyone else experienced these? The PS3 I've got is relatively new (I've had 2 to date & nothing problematic with my previous one) and I have indeed had major FREEZE issues whilst on COD WaW.

The other niggle I have is with Spawning - I have so far spawned in Tabun Gas (got killed immediately), in a pack of dogs (got killed immediately), with a dog attached to me (joking on that one), in front of someone with my back to them (got killed instantly), next to a tank (got run over instantly), next to a bouncing betty (got killed instantly).......The list goes on. Now I know it is difficult to avoid certain spawn issues but last night in a Hardcore Team Deathmatch (just one example), I died 5 times on the trot in Hanger immediately upon spawning coupled with a 13 second spawn time, it does annoy the hell out of me! GRRRRR!
Alright mate.:smashin:

I haven't seen anyone under the map since the rainbow hot fix. But i have noticed alot more people floating in maps where i'd never seen it before. 1 particular one is the church level (The tower snipers love so much) i've seen a few people floating quite high up on that level a few times.

I've had a few freezes myself where i've had to unplug the power to turn the PS3 off with this game. Can't be healthy. And i've never had it with any other game. (Actually i may of had it once with fallout before the recent update).

Spawning is getting on my nerves big time. Which is why i stick with S&D most of the time.

And thanks for the wotsits.:smashin:

My hands smell funny now tho.:rolleyes:

Fmrl

Novice Member
I've not had anyone shooting at me from under the map in a while now so I'm hoping it's fixed. I've seen a couple of players above the maps though (on Castle and Cliffside) but they're usually easy to spot and kill.

I personally have had some major issues with my PS3 freezing and what not. A few of my issues like not being able to access my XMB, invite friends into the lobbie (with the triangle button) and the game actually freezing were getting right on me nerves!
Does your PS3 eventually come back to life after a freeze? I've had this quite a few times (where the whole thing locks up and you can't even get the XMB to display) but I've just left it for a while and eventually it sorts itself out.

Sometimes I get minor lockups (where you get stuck in the game loading screen), if this happens and I've still got XMB then I just logout of PSN and then re-connect.

I have never had any problems on other games which I would consider larger/possibly more complex etc ie:- RFOM 2, GTAIV, MGS4.
same here... except for LBP, this never seems to work properly for me (it will connect but sometimes it's really laggy - this is probably due to my ISP interleaving or QOS).

The other niggle I have is with Spawning - I have so far spawned in Tabun Gas (got killed immediately), in a pack of dogs (got killed immediately), with a dog attached to me (joking on that one), in front of someone with my back to them (got killed instantly), next to a tank (got run over instantly), next to a bouncing betty (got killed instantly).......The list goes on.
I play S&D most of the time so I don't worry about respawning! :D

You'd think on the really big maps it would be possible for Treyarch to make sure the respawn points are miles away from the action (other games manage this easily).

Funny thing happened last night - some kid thought I was "ghey" for not having a flashing/moving/coloured name! :rolleyes:
He was playing S&D with a few of his schoolmates and one of them mentioned he was only 9 :nono: :lesson: :thumbsdow

Fmrl

Novice Member
I've not had anyone shooting at me from under the map in a while now so I'm hoping it's fixed. I've seen a couple of players above the maps though (on Castle and Cliffside) but they're usually easy to spot and kill.
And Outskirts too - I think it's possible to get onto the top of a tree somehow and you can't see them. I got sniped by someone doing that once.

Genie1

Remembered (1979 - 2009)
Hanger you can get on the roof still.

Castle, Outskirts, Cliffside you can still find people floating.

I don't understand why people try the floating 'glitch' as it's a nice easy kill because it's so obvious :D

Last edited:

kBm

Distinguished Member
You'd think on the really big maps it would be possible for Treyarch to make sure the respawn points are miles away from the action (other games manage this easily).
They do! So many times on Seelow you respawn at the other end of the map from where all the action is. You have to then trawl all the way to the other end! Takes ages!

I don't understand why people try the floating 'glitch' as it's a nice easy kill because it's so obvious :D
It also seems to take ages to acheive - ive spotted alot of people jumping from point a to b, fall off, then try again and again.....:suicide:

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
I haven't seen anyone under the map in any level and was playing all last night.

But was mainly concentrating on the War games, as I like having to go for something as opposed to just killing the other side (unfortunately the people on my friends list just seem to like Core>TDM games, and nothing else)

However I was playing a hardcore TDM in the Castle and everyone was running on the roof tops, and standing up on high places, which I was surprised how they even got up there.

Are there legitimate ways to get onto the roofs of the Castle buildings? or are they just doing that Bazooka to the ground, and then them flying up in the air backwards glitch (I say its a glitch, but its more just a daft thing to do).

TyFlip

Novice Member
Spawning is getting on my nerves big time. Which is why i stick with S&D most of the time.

And thanks for the wotsits.:smashin:

My hands smell funny now tho.:rolleyes:
Yep, S&D is gradually becoming one of my favourites, after HARDCORE Free For All.

And you are very welcome!:smashin:

Nothing worse than respawing into an artilery strike. :nono:
Too true, forgot about those!:mad:

Does your PS3 eventually come back to life after a freeze? I've had this quite a few times (where the whole thing locks up and you can't even get the XMB to display) but I've just left it for a while and eventually it sorts itself out.

I play S&D most of the time so I don't worry about respawning! :D

Funny thing happened last night - some kid thought I was "ghey" for not having a flashing/moving/coloured name! :rolleyes:
He was playing S&D with a few of his schoolmates and one of them mentioned he was only 9 :nono: :lesson: :thumbsdow
Yep it does freeze like that and sorts itself out. YOUTUBE is one of the worst websites for freezing my PS3 (after Jenna Jamesons) :rolleyes:. Especially getting into Personal messages on YT! Says not enough memory - NOT ENOUGH MEMORY - ***?!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Isn't it just! But shhhhhh, don't tell everyone!:D:D:D

They do! So many times on Seelow you respawn at the other end of the map from where all the action is. You have to then trawl all the way to the other end! Takes ages!
Yeah that is CRAP! I like to be fairly safe and out of the direct action but not in a entirely different bloody continent!:mad:

Are there legitimate ways to get onto the roofs of the Castle buildings? or are they just doing that Bazooka to the ground, and then them flying up in the air backwards glitch (I say its a glitch, but its more just a daft thing to do).
Yep there are legitimate ways to get on the roof tops. You just run & jump - No glitchery in that although I prefer not to go on the roof as you become highly visible!

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
Over the under under the map glitch which is a given, the one I would hope they concentrate to sort out ASAP is the host one.

Saying searching for suitable hosts. And then even though there are 17 of us waiting, it just throws you back to the main menu saying no hosts found.

I have a fast internet connection which usually has one extra green bar than everyone else I play with, so why does it keep throwing you back to the main menu.

But saying that one other thing I hate is the connection interrupted.

It comes on way too much, it never came onto COD4, or at least if it did I could see my router flashing yellow (meaning my connection to Sky BB is lost) but this just throws you off. - And usually when you are winning too.

Does anyone else when the connection interrupted message comes start shouting at the TV "Don't you frikkin dare send me back to that main menu", or is it just me.

clc.sheff

Distinguished Member
I personally have had some major issues with my PS3 freezing and what not.

It might be worth checking you can access you game save for the single player campaign / co-op.

Almost every game related freeze I've had I have managed to fix by deleting my game data or sometimes the game save data and starting again. Or by copying it to another user on my machine, deleting the original file and then copying it back.

I would stress this was pre-trophies so I can't confirm whether it would be different for a trophy enabled game.

However it worked for: GTA4, Oblivion and COD4 for me. Am guessing it was something to do with corrupted data. :)

Last edited:

Fmrl

Novice Member
I just expect it now, it's very rare I get to play two or three games in a row without experiencing some sort of problem... what really flips my nipples is when the host ends the game just because he's losing - especially if I've just spent the last five minutes hunting for a game.... OH THAT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!!

ThuGLy

It might be worth checking you can access you game save for the single player campaign / co-op.

Almost every game related freeze I've had I have managed to fix by deleting my game save data and starting again. Or by copying it to another user on my machine, deleting the original file and then copying it back.

I would stress this was pre-trophies so I can't confirm whether it would be different for a trophy enabled game.

However it worked for: GTA4, Oblivion and COD4 for me. Am guessing it was something to do with corrupted data. :)
i did have it where i couldnt get trophies cuz id changed my e mail address but the last fix sorted that sayin that i havent been on single player since this trophy prob. iv only had it freeze once b 4 but last nite it totaly froze and after 5 mins i switched it off at the main switch. goto hope its not on its way out with killzone on the horizon:smashin:also if i wiped the game data would it wipe my online rank off?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom