COD newbie

Zon_Uzi

Standard Member
hi
i have recently bought my PS3 and only been playing GTA. looking to get COD but where do i start from? COD 4 or world at war?

cheers

phairplay

Distinguished Member
doesn't matter the story line are completely different. more ppl are on WaW and when all the bugs are sorted. it will be far better then COD4 :eek: (sorry i'm running for it now:devil:)

TyFlip

Hi mate, a warm welcome to the COD section!

2 slightly different games in terms of content and are you wanting solo or online?

I started off with COD4 for solo then bought WaW and have been playing WaW solid online. I recently revisited COD4 for the online mode (I have only been online for 3 months) but I keep going back to WaW!

COD4 is more run & gun wheras WaW is a lil more tactical & being patient reaps rewards (although you can run & gun lol).

I would personally recommend WaW.:smashin:

ThuGLy

nah must admit really likein waw at the mo even with the probs (which do seem to be better) just seems a bit more weighty ingame if you kno what i mean:thumbsup:

Fmrl

I'm playing COD5 at the moment only because I CBA to take the disc out of the PS3 :rotfl:

Xabi17

I can't say I've played WaW but I just thought I'd bring some MW love into the thread! It was the first game I've actually been good at, which may have made a difference, but I just keep on coming back! The story is very engaging, but I never seem to be able to replay stories more than one-two times, so I've left that for online! After the initial few months of playing it online, I left to play Skate or something (you know you have one game you play so much more than others, lasts a few months at a time). However, I recently got back into it, and it's just as good as before! I really can't get enough, I didn't have the money to buy WaW otherwise I would have, but I'm kinda glad I didn't know! There are still varied skill levels on, so there's no chance of you getting into games full of experienced people.

It really is a fantastic game with huge lasting appeal, but as I say, I haven't played WaW so can't comment. I don't see how it can beat MW though :)

Genie1

Remembered (1979 - 2009)
I can't say I've played WaW but I just thought I'd bring some MW love into the thread! It was the first game I've actually been good at, which may have made a difference, but I just keep on coming back! The story is very engaging, but I never seem to be able to replay stories more than one-two times, so I've left that for online! After the initial few months of playing it online, I left to play Skate or something (you know you have one game you play so much more than others, lasts a few months at a time). However, I recently got back into it, and it's just as good as before! I really can't get enough, I didn't have the money to buy WaW otherwise I would have, but I'm kinda glad I didn't know! There are still varied skill levels on, so there's no chance of you getting into games full of experienced people.

It really is a fantastic game with huge lasting appeal, but as I say, I haven't played WaW so can't comment. I don't see how it can beat MW though :)

I remember our days dominating S&D :D

WaW is no where near as good as COD4 although S&D is pretty much the same so enjoying that (although you may find this difficult to believe but there's more noob tubes in WaW :eek:)

We had a AVFA COD4 session that Friday S&D only and think we only lost 2 games in 3 hours :thumbsup:

I'd be up for it again if your interested :smashin:

Insomnia75

doesn't matter the story line are completely different. more ppl are on WaW and when all the bugs are sorted. it will be far better then COD4 :eek: (sorry i'm running for it now:devil:)

I agree with you mate...COD4 is just boring to me now I tried playing it the other day and I got bored after a couple of games perhaps I played it too much last year:D

Insomnia75

I've gone back to COD4 recently and admit it is a little boring.. Still prefer it to COD5 though, just can't stand the weak weapons in COD5!

Only a bad workman blames his tools:D:D:D
Joking boss...I must admit I do miss the the AK47 and MP40

But on the plus side the sniping rifles are better on WAW...it's just all the connection issues and glitches that make you want to smash up the controller

Insomnia75

Was there an MP40 in COD4?? :rotfl::rotfl:

I have been shocking on COD5 recently!

D'oh!!!!

I meant MP5!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think there has been an increase in aimbots's & hackers to be honest mate...somebody popped a post on the forums the other day about it.

snooper

Both tremendous games. I only got into gaming as a result of playing COD4. If you'd have told me 18 months ago i would get into gaming i'd have just laughed. Both games come into their own when playing online. You can get a different experience each time you play either with people you know off here or random parties. The differences between the games in single player is that the COD 4 story if a hell of a lot better than WAW, i suppose you can't change history really, unless your a yank. The visuals and gameplay scenarios are fairly realistic and all other FPS going forward will be measured by COD 4. More people will probably be playing WAW as it is the newer game, but as you have probably read a lot of people are hacked off with online glitches and server probs etc. Just play both single and online and you won't be dissapointed.

Zon_Uzi

Standard Member
thanx people ! both sound amazing as predicted ! i think i will start with COD 4 and then move on the WAW. ans as a new PS3 user please feel free to add me to your lists !:thumbsup::thumbsup:

dazwaldo

If you've been a big COD4 player I find it takes a while to get into COD5. At first it seems a little underwhelming with the puny pop pop weapons. But stick with it, adapt your style and it soon becomes more rewarding. I haven't gone back to COD4, but to honest I played it pretty much non-stop last year so may have exhausted it.

I think WAW will keep me going for a few more months especially if new maps are released. Although KZ2 and Resi5 are looking to divert my attention :D

iwearahalo

Standard Member
Bought Modern Warfare today , will play it tonight , also got Assassin's Creed for a £5 so can not argue .

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom