COD Live "Moral Code"

RedAl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing as I`m still relatively new to this game online and only at rank 13 I wondered if the more experienced out there could explain what is considered accetable and unacceptable (or at least immoral in the gaming world) when playing this online.

For example, are people hiding in shady spots with a snipers rifle considered vermin or is it horses for courses and whatever suits each player?

I`m just interested to hear what people think about other players playing styles/behaviour.

Just light-hearted you understand, not trying to start a war :)

They are vermin :)

Actually it's up to the player. But a lot of people find snipers who "camp" sneaky. But, I say, up to them.

I am not one of them as I pants with the sniper but if it gets them kills who is to judge them for it?

Some lobbys have games where it is stated you can only use so and so weapon in this game so everyone is on an even keel.

I see you are local to me, add me as friend and I will give you a game sometime.

They are vermin :)

Actually it's up to the player. But a lot of people find snipers who "camp" sneaky. But, I say, up to them.

I am not one of them as I pants with the sniper but if it gets them kills who is to judge them for it?

Some lobbys have games where it is stated you can only use so and so weapon in this game so everyone is on an even keel.

Fair enough, maybe they should introduce something in the next update that exposes a players position on the map when they stay in the same place for more than 2 minutes, like when they show up when firing a weapon. I have to admit I`ve found my kill rate has gone up when using the snipers rifle but I do feel kind of dirty for being sneaky. But that doesn`t stop me getting knifed from behind on a regular basis! :rotfl:

I think its all depends on the player. I dont camp i found i get no death but no kills either. i like it in the action :thumbsup:

I think its all depends on the player. I dont camp i found i get no death but no kills either. i like it in the action :thumbsup:

I`d like to say the same but I find the more I move about the more I fall prey to someone waiting for me! I`m torn between staying put and watching for others moving around or moving about looking for enemies but running straight into trouble. And seeing as my ping`s usually worse than everyone elses they`ve usually filled me full of lead before I`ve even lifted my gun! Grrrr!

People only get annoyed with campers because they get killed by them. It's entirely up to a player what their style of play should be - personally speaking I find there's no better way of getting killed quickly than by running everywhere as fast as you can.

It's easy enough to spot campers anyway, as there's the kill-cam which shows the location of the shooter and the UAV which when activated shows the locations of all enemy players. You wouldn't do very well if you just camped in one place all the time.

The best players can balance the two styles succesfully. Shoot and move, shoot and move.

Happy campers aren't really a problem in my experience, because if somebody snipes me, I and everyone else he kills get a kill cam showing where he is, so if he doesn't keep moving he's gonna get a knife in the back.

Edit: I'm too slow at typing, munkey beat me!

Only one thing really pisses me off. Not helping your team out.

This goes for any team game, but I play Headquaters a lot and team members who don't try to capture the objective and just sit around in a useless place not helping the team in any way shape or form are very annoying. They make the whole team lose. So all I can say is try your best to be a good team player, don't camp if you need to capture something, once you've got it sure, but help your team mates out.

Other than that everything is fine, just play how ever you like. :thumbsup:

This goes for any team game, but I play Headquaters a lot and team members who don't try to capture the objective and just sit around in a useless place not helping the team in any way shape or form are very annoying. They make the whole team lose. So all I can say is try your best to be a good team player, don't camp if you need to capture something, once you've got it sure, but help your team mates out.

I`ve only had an hour or two on team deathmatch. Was a few weeks ago with Guns party. I was still learning then so hope I didnt let anyone down. I`m getting there now though. :)

What makes killing the camper even beter is sneaking up to him and giving him the good news into his head with the pistol! Even better though is using his weapon to kill him when he respawns> ;)

lol, I must admit one of the first things I do when playing is to find a better weapen than the pistol. And If I can use that weapon to kill the player I took it off then theres a sweet irony. Unfortunately those moments are few and far between! lol

I`ve only had an hour or two on team deathmatch. Was a few weeks ago with Guns party. I was still learning then so hope I didnt let anyone down. I`m getting there now though. :)

Oh yeah don't worry about it, nobody expects any body to be really good, just as long as your not hindering your team then it's all funky. :smashin:

Seeing as I`m still relatively new to this game online and only at rank 13 I wondered if the more experienced out there could explain what is considered accetable and unacceptable (or at least immoral in the gaming world) when playing this online.

For example, are people hiding in shady spots with a snipers rifle considered vermin or is it horses for courses and whatever suits each player?

I`m just interested to hear what people think about other players playing styles/behaviour.

Just light-hearted you understand, not trying to start a war :)

You play how you wish .. if everybody played the same way the game would suffer as a result - i enjoy the variety i come up against.

I enjoy sniping, but don't do it constantly. Some of my best match results came from getting two or three kills from one location, then moving on - by then at least one of my kills will have gotten annoyed and be chasing me via the killcam. Often the best thing to do after you've sniped a couple of people is switch to pistol and move away (but not too far away), and give them another bullet in the head while they're trying to sneak up on your original position. :rotfl:

That winds me up. The players who think they are playing free for all but in a team environment. If you don't want to function as a team, don't play the team games. Everytime I am on a losing team it's coz people run off in their own direction.

What ever happened to the proverb safety in numbers?

Grrrrr:mad:

I've noticed there are some people who purposely break away from their team - my guess is that they are trying to improve their kill count or k/d ratio. They let all their team take the flak while they hang back and take long distance shots.

When I'm playing team games, I'm usually the one who gets killed first - I run in all guns blazing trying to catch them unawares. It never works...I really ought to have learned that by now. :rolleyes:

Im the same why wait for the action when you can bring the action to you ha :rotfl:

I've noticed there are some people who purposely break away from their team - my guess is that they are trying to improve their kill count or k/d ratio. They let all their team take the flak while they hang back and take long distance shots.

When I'm playing team games, I'm usually the one who gets killed first - I run in all guns blazing trying to catch them unawares. It never works...I really ought to have learned that by now. :rolleyes:
I often find myself away from my "team mates" but also find that I locate the enemy before they do and win games with 20+ killrates while my teammates run around as a pack chasing the enemy and rarely closing on them. I dispair when I'm stuck with teammates for whom "flanking" is an alien concept. It drives me crazy. I was playing TDM on Crossfire yesterday and the enemy had taken up positions at the "Iraqi" end and, instead of moving up tactically down left and right with a couple of people engaging at long range from our end of the street, my entire team just sat in the houses facing down the street. I flanked down the left and started scoring kills and eventually my "team" started to move. I guess they realised that they weren't actually scoring anything but it was all too little too late. I think I had 28 kills but we lost the game because my team were in single digits.

Other times I judge where I think the enemy will be heading and make my way there and am 9 out of 10 times correct but lose the firefight because 1 Vs 3 or 4 just doesn't go. If I'm facing 4 enemy then my 5 teammates are engaging 2. :suicide:

I don't blame them though (well, I do but with my mic off) it's just that they obviously don't play the way I do or know enough about the players they're with to know how they play. If you played with the same team on a regular basis then you'd know how each of you played and would compliment each other. I like to play at the sharp end and on my feet (not for me the long range belly crawling) so do well in games when someone else plays just off me. With the right weapon in hand and no lag I usually do a good job of putting people away but I'm not much of a shot and have a habit of finding the enemy in numbers. Someone playing off me often nicks my kills (the swines) but also keep me alive when my shots are a bit off target.

If you want to camp and snipe and use martyrdom or last stand then fair play to you. If you want to randomly sling nads around and litter the field with claymores then you go right ahead. You want to charge about firing an RPG or fire grenades off your rifle then full steam ahead. But I'll think less of you as a player than the guy who slots me with a well placed headshot from open play or stabs me with a well timed lunge. I may even suggest to my teammates that you're obviously attempting to earn your scouts badge for camping or that we may very well have not lost the war but lost the jamboree instead.

... and if you lie on your belly during Wetwork or charge about with a shotgun or an M60 I may suggest you lack skill and your game is lame. In fact, I may sing "How lame is your game." to the tune of "How deep is your love." but only with the mic off.

I've had a few games with the lads from here and it's definitely noticeable after you've played a few matches how your tactics and knowledge of each other's game can help you win. Had a few great games of domination where we surrounded the enemy and took them all out and then watched each other's backs to keep control...I still can't help every now and then going off like Charlie Sheen in that bit of Platoon where he loses the rag - I usually end up dead but it's fun while it lasts!

To be honest I haven't played the game long enough to know the maps that well. I've got (I think) about 8-10 hours played, and am at level 15 or so. I've been itching for a game for the last couple of days, so might see some of you around later. :D

Im still knew to COD4 but understand what your sayin. In time i want to focus on map and tactics to become a better play. I listen to advice when its given and try and learn as i go. I find listening to hardcore games handy when picking up new tips:thumbsup:

I don't use any of the sniper rifles i find i can do the same as them with the M60E4, RPDor SAW, they are easier to move the sniper rifles are to big n slow. So if i have a sniper class for snipering and use other guns than the sniper guns i am not really snipering lol.

Yea i have done the same. I have a class for sniping (not that it get used) mainly just stick with the M16

In COD4 sniping is just not worth it, its doesn't give you enough rewards especially when theres kill cam. People seem to think they can get loads of kills from sniping but most of the snipers end up with more deaths than kills. I don't even bother with doing the challenges for sniping as it takes too long to get the kills, I leave that down to my trusty M16A & MP5 :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom