COD Ghosts moaning thread

I cant believe that little things like the ability to mute players in game have gone.. And the lack of signal bars... And the lack of Care packages..

It just doesn't feel finished..

Forgive me if you have already found this out. Press start in Game and the mute options are available.

Forgive me if you have already found this out. Press start in Game and the mute options are available.

Yep.. Found that.. But i like a bit of chatter... Just want to mute individuals.

Fully agree with the comments about spawns... Terrible.. Absolutely teribble.. Maps are huge yet i seem to get shot in the back seconds after spawning...

You have to play the maps in diff modes to like them or not IMO. For example when playong Dom I really hated the assembly line factory map (don't know all the names yet) but on Search and Rescue that map is really good, it really works well. I really like freight but have only had it once on free for all, that map will be a good one for most IMO.

Whilst I agree taking SnD out seems strange, Search and Rescue is much better. The tags aspect makes it more of a team game rather than a "as long as one of us can get three kills in a round we'll probably win it" game mode.

I'm getting used to the aim difference now between this and the last few cods and am really liking the game more. The lack of lobby issues, joining friends and for the most part decent connections is refreshing for week one of a COD launch.

Shame there seems to be no way to save your games in a vault though or have I missed this?

LOL you lot moan about every Cod that comes out. Same old same old.

I agree with some points though.

Maps are camp tastic. Some are far to complicated and some are far to big. Spend half your time trying to find someone then some camper jumps out and splats you in the back.

Spawns are not the best either.

I quite like how it plays + sdeems to have less issues at launch than previous games. Ive only had 1 game with bad connection so far.

Second day of playing and I've decided these are the worst set of launch maps in any COD. That said I agree with there being hardly issues with the functionality of the game. Shouldn't take it for granted.

We'll still have to see how PS4 launch fairs though.

Will clear a few out my friends list soon so we can get full lobbies so feel free to add me.

For a COD game, it plays really well.

Wonder why they went for the maps that are in there though.
There is one map that is completely indoor so when you call in a heli or something similar, what happens?

There is one map that is completely indoor so when you call in a heli or something similar, what happens?
Is that Sovereign? - hate it with a passion.

sovereign-multiplayer-map.jpg

I've wondered that but a few sections have glass ceilings. so the helis should be able to shoot people down.

Second day of playing and I've decided these are the worst set of launch maps in any COD. .

I agree. To me they feel more like Battlefield maps.. I like the Medium sized maps from previous COD which have been cleverly designed to play well.. These maps feel more realistic, but utterly spoil the COD experience due to the size/design.

For me, this is by far the worse initial feeling I have had on any COD to date.. I just hope that my opinions change in a few hours/days/weeks.

Jon

I've had a couple of choppers out and I don't think either of them got me any kills.

Tbh all the kill streaks I've used so far have been fairly weak. Tbh I'm not bothered by that it's the same for everyone.

Don't think it's much better than Blops2 for connection TBH, you play at certain times in a day at it's good others you may as well start throwing sticks and stones as you ain't going to get many kills unless the other players are gash. This may be my ISP?
Noticed yesterday as the game was counting down you can check who has connected to the game and Robot was always one of the last to connect, would this be the norm?

I seem to always be the first, if not then always second or 3rd. I see the countdown start from 35 seconds then when everyone else has joined, it jumps down to 15.

i see the countdown from 45:eek:

The countdown always changes for me. A lot of the time it's 30 I think

Two further things from playing this horrendous game a bit more.

1. The maps are huge as everyone knows but then on a same point the UAV is rubbish and totally misconceived. You need to have two planted at the same time to work as a regular UAV. And then the circles on the map are so hard to distinguish. I have actually ran to a section I thought someone was in just to find it was a circle on the map and not a person. They have these open circles of a very hard to distinguish colour. I almost feel like selecting colour blind mode just to see if they make the UAV map people icons easier to see.

This cannot possible be an accident that IW have made massive camp fest maze fest maps and then nerfed the hell out of the UAV. It seems they want to promote and reward camping.

2. Cranked is a good idea in principal but on large mazes maps it is daft. As I was running around like a blue-rsed fly in cranked on Flooded and I could not find a single person over and over meaning I constantly exploded - not due to lack of effort due to lack of finding a single person anywhere on the map in my entire 30 seconds. This happened repeatedly till I gave up and turned the game off.

The uav works poo I agree.

It works differently for the amount you have out. 1 2 3 or 4 I think.

The dots are different to if it's a circle then the person is on a different level it had a arrow above or below to show if it's up or down. If it's a std dot then they are on the sane as you

I save my Sat coms and either listen out when someone has put one down or tell people I’ve got one so we can put it down simultaneously. This does makes it harder to get UAV so harder to find the campers = assists the campers from staying off the radar.

Also I was shocked to hear that dedicated servers still aren’t available. Can’t even check to see if I have full 4 bars or not. No wonder I was lagging so bad last night :mad:

Has anyone else noticed the infuriating glitches in this game where you have a gun that has a magazine of around 50 plus bullets. But sometimes - usually a 1v1. My guy will fire literally something like 1-2 bullets and then randomly on his own start reloading the damn gun.

This prompts screaming from me of "what are you doing!!"

I had a same glitch on first day where my guy would randomly during 1v1s want to chuck a flash bang or grenade. But this stopped when I totally removed both from my setup for extra perks.

Is it just me having the above two? Its definitely not me pressing the reload, or flashbang buttons accidentally I can say its definitely the game doing it.

Another thing to add I had my first hard freeze last night too.

Has anyone else noticed the infuriating glitches in this game where you have a gun that has a magazine of around 50 plus bullets. But sometimes - usually a 1v1. My guy will fire literally something like 1-2 bullets and then randomly on his own start reloading the damn gun.

This prompts screaming from me of "what are you doing!!"

I had a same glitch on first day where my guy would randomly during 1v1s want to chuck a flash bang or grenade. But this stopped when I totally removed both from my setup for extra perks.

Is it just me having the above two? Its definitely not me pressing the reload, or flashbang buttons accidentally I can say its definitely the game doing it.

Another thing to add I had my first hard freeze last night too.
Only played for a few hours but haven't seen any of the things you describe. However if removing the nades worked may I suggest removing your primary or even better the disc for the console as I'm sure it will improve your experience no end. :D

or even better the disc for the console as I'm sure it will improve your experience no end. :D
I bought it digitally this is why I am persevering with it. To be honest I will probably get into it. We had a GNE1 squad going last night and ended up playing till nearly 3 in the morning again (and I only stopped as my PS3 hard froze).

From hearing the comments of the constant disk access I am pleased I did go digitally to be honest.

After playing for a few hours hear are my observations
The graphics are pretty poor tbh expected a lot better, is it because next gen is out soon so this has affected product development or is it a deliberate ploy to get everyone to buy a new console.
Maps are too big and a bit crap, looking for ages for people and getting picked off is no fun. Hopefully the map packs will include smaller ones as they are needed.
I must admit it is totally different than i was expecting, thought it may have continued in a similar vain to MW3 but lets be honest its nowt like it.
Not sure of which guns are any good as no continuity from what i have been playing previously.
Only seen a bit of lag tbh and the odd frame freeze but no connectivity issues as of yet really.
Your team mates seem to be able to run physically through you from behind for some reason.
Early days yet but will stick with it and see how things pan out. Also not touched the campaign yet but i have usually enjoyed them tbh.
The spawns need sorting out as they are naff sometimes.
Oh and how hard is that dog to kill a real pain.

Some positives though which i will post in the other thread

Feel free to drop us an invite if your short of anyone or just want an easy target.

Last edited:
If you actually watch the kill cam on where you got killed and got some shots off it looks like you didn't fire and that has proved infuriating to some of my friends who have rage quit, I don't I shrug my shoulder and go "well it's Cod what do you expect" and get on with it. I've kind of settled into the "I have it now might as well make the most of it" mode, I'll work through the squad until I get them all prestiged and probably stop playing it. I think they went to the extreme making it extremely hard to level up after the debacle of having MW3 to easy to reach master prestige then they had a cheek to stick in another 10 prestige's and give it to the M$ crowd first and we still had to wait a month before we could kick on.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom