COD Elite Refunds?

uzer

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ok, so here is my train of thought. And never having done something like this before I thought I'd ask the community.

MW3 is broken for me, beyond playing. Kind of bums me out as I had high hopes for this after MW2, but **** happens. I'm wondering, since Elite is primarily a DLC service, what are the odds of getting Elite refunded before any DLC comes out? I don't see the point in paying for DLC on a game that I don't even play.

Has anyone tried getting a refund from a publisher for a game that was broken coding wise? Or anything similar?

I'm planning on emailing Activision tonight.

I would do the same in your shoes mate.

I suppose it would also depend on if you've used and of the features that you get with the paid service. Like competitions perhaps. They might say you've used it so no.

Would love to see if you did though as seeing as I've gone Leeroy Jenkins on Star Wars I may not be on MW3 much to get my money's worth so wouldn't mind a refund too lol.

Yea, its a crappy deal. I don't plan on selling the game as it can be fixed, and I do enjoy special ops. But I am not wanting to pay for DLC on a game that I rarely play online because of the problems. I literally don't know what happened since MW2.

Literally all they had to do was change up the guns and maps. :suicide:

Will start the email off tonight with them, and post it here for everyone to see.

There is no way they will refund it. If they did there will be a massive influx of people wanting their money back.

Before people say it, yes I am prestige 10, but the game has been totally broke for me. Every COD since WaW all my ranking was done by S&D and HQ.

This game both modes are broken due to lag. And thus been playing FFA as its the only mode I get no lag inside.

But anyway regarding Elite I understood it as we get a new map every month with it as part of our subs. I am sure I read this somewhere.

The game is one week off two months out and no new maps. There is a pack coming 24th February (and January for 360ers), but that is not good enough for a premium service.

It's deffo worth a shot, not sure if you can find links to someone high up - check the big sites like here, reddit, maybe some others like Penny arcade, see if there has been anything like this done before?

In terms of PSN I think there is a disclaimer that all is non refundable, so might be worth checking that out for Elite too.

Good luck.

Yea, I'm not holding high hopes. But the way I see it, the DLC is the primary offering of elite and since I haven't used any of this...let alone hardly using the "free" elite stuff. It just seems outrageous that they wouldn't refund my money. It's disgusting to think that they would offer a service with no refund policy on something that was unproven to begin with.

Considering it took them until December to get Elite working...and the fact its still within a month of them giving everyone a "free month" of elite...I'm hoping this will be painless. If they fix the game in time for DLC I will probably buy it, but as it stands right now I'm not prepaying for DLC, which is what Elite is.

i'm planning on redeeming my elite code day the new maps come out , means my subscription lasts a little longer and could potentially end up with some free dlc as i'll be classed as an elite subscriber following into the next year...

whether it works that way i'll see.

Whats wrong with the game for you uzer?

I'll join you on mw2 as i secretly prefer that to mw3 tbh

i'm planning on redeeming my elite code day the new maps come out , means my subscription lasts a little longer and could potentially end up with some free dlc as i'll be classed as an elite subscriber following into the next year

When did you buy it?, the reason for asking is we got an extra month as the first month was so bad.

I got an email a week ago mentioning another month too which might just be IW slow to send them out, or two extra months.

Plus we got founder status and an extra token.

So I am suggesting that it seems maybe you did not make the best decision to do that

i'm planning on redeeming my elite code day the new maps come out , means my subscription lasts a little longer and could potentially end up with some free dlc as i'll be classed as an elite subscriber following into the next year...

whether it works that way i'll see.

Whats wrong with the game for you uzer?

I'll join you on mw2 as i secretly prefer that to mw3 tbh

My game consists of this...

All games except SnD: I will shoot at someone for half a clip...then die. Killcam doesn't show me shooting at all. I will spawn, take 2 steps forward...then get knifed in the back. Killcam shows the other person dieing, then spawning with me standing in front of him.

SnD: Same as core, except I can manage this PARTIALLY by just being crazy cautious and sound whoring enemies to catch them off guard or shoot them in the back.

I nerfed my internet thinking it would help, it somewhat did for a bit...then didn't seem to matter.

Have you logged in to the Elite service?

If so then no . . . you can't get a refund.

Elite works perfectly.

It's not part of MW3. . . They're not one in the same. It's a service for all Call Of Duty's and therefore you can't say "My MW3 doesn't work (even though I've played it a **** load) and therefore I want a refund on this fully functioning Elite service I bought seperately.

Also. . .to people saying "The game is broken" and they've prestige a few times. Seriously? :lease: I love the game. . .and I've played 24 hours and still haven't reached top rank. You've played a **** LOAD more than me and try to pull you want a refund as the game is broken. Dear lord.

I want a refund on my car. . . I bought it. . .I've driven about 10,000 miles in it. . .but the petrol keeps running out - refund please Volkswagen!

You can't just refund products you've used relentlessly.

Have you logged in to the Elite service?

If so then no . . . you can't get a refund.

Elite works perfectly.

It's not part of MW3. . . They're not one in the same. It's a service for all Call Of Duty's and therefore you can't say "My MW3 doesn't work (even though I've played it a **** load) and therefore I want a refund on this fully functioning Elite service I bought seperately.

Also. . .to people saying "The game is broken" and they've prestige a few times. Seriously? :lease: I love the game. . .and I've played 24 hours and still haven't reached top rank. You've played a **** LOAD more than me and try to pull you want a refund as the game is broken. Dear lord.

I want a refund on my car. . . I bought it. . .I've driven about 10,000 miles in it. . .but the petrol keeps running out - refund please Volkswagen!

Except the primary appeal to Elite isn't the stat tracking website, as that is all free to begin with. It's the DLC and extra content. None of which has come out yet. The game is broke, but I HAVE played it. Which is why I'm not asking for a refund on my game.

Logging into the Elite website isn't using the product. I don't need to be premium member to log in, join a clan, check my stats or anything else that website currently offers.

So troll elsewhere.

Except the primary appeal to Elite isn't the stat tracking website, as that is all free to begin with. It's the DLC and extra content. None of which has come out yet. The game is broke, but I HAVE played it. Which is why I'm not asking for a refund on my game.

Logging into the Elite website isn't using the product. I don't need to be premium member to log in, join a clan, check my stats or anything else that website currently offers.

So troll elsewhere.

The DLC is a bonus that you get while subscribed to the service.

Elite is a website and App service dedicated to stat tracking, user tips and videos, clan related activities, community challenges and various other tripe. DLC just comes with the subscription.

Daily Competitive Program guide. . . exclusive clan benefits. . .dynamic expert strategies. . premium groups. . .early excess to new Elite features. . .premium theatre with more HD video uploads. . and call of duty elite tv. You clicked. . .you subscribed. . .you can use all those features. . .you'll also have access to the included DLC activision have said will come.

From that point Elite hasn't intentionally broken any of its terms of service that would entitle you to a refund. It does everything they've said.

For the record ; facts aren't trolling so behave.

Last edited:
I've played 24 hours and still haven't reached top rank. You've played a **** LOAD more than me and try to pull you want a refund as the game is broken. Dear lord.

Then if you have played the game considerably less than 24 hours how can you possibly know there is nothing wrong with the game?

I

You do not have to be patronising in your reply. It was a legitimate question. A lot of people are not happy with the lag in the game.

Black ops was broken for the PS3, everyone knew it. They never patched it.

MW3 is also broken. And it seems like they would have patched it by now.

This Elite is a separate feature that the OP states he has not used, and feels it is not fit for purpose. So messy stats for a game you cannot play is not fit for purpose. You can argue semantics or the law. But the OP is talking he personally does not feel its fit for service and thus it was a legitimate question for him to ask.

For the record ; facts aren't trolling so behave.
Its the way you are saying things. Giving the impression you are talking down to people

Last edited:
The DLC is a bonus that you get while subscribed to the service.

Elite is a website and App service dedicated to stat tracking, user tips and videos, clan related activities, community challenges and various other tripe. DLC just comes with the subscription.

Daily Competitive Program guide. . . exclusive clan benefits. . .dynamic expert strategies. . premium groups. . .early excess to new Elite features. . .premium theatre with more HD video uploads. . and call of duty elite tv. You clicked. . .you subscribed. . .you can use all those features. . .you'll also have access to the included DLC activision have said will come.

From that point Elite hasn't broken any of its terms of service that would entitle you to a refund. It does everything they've said.

Basically your argument is Elite's value isn't that of the (and this will be in USD) minimum $45 or 3 map packs worth of DLC that is part of being a premium member, but of having a few extra seconds of theater footage, tips from the "pros" which are widely available all over the internet, stat tracking which is free anyway, clan benefits which are also free (and aren't even fully operational yet) and a whopping 1 extra title/emblem for being a premium member and a founder?

:confused:

Wow dude. Like I said. Troll elsewhere.

Oh and for the sake of Elites "functionality...The 3 games of Domination I played the other day have YET to show up on my elite "recent matches". It's been 4 days now.

Seems elite has worse lag then the game.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it doesn't do everything it says. So that is grounds itself for reason for a refund.

Although I do agree with your point about ploughing days into the game and then bemoaning it doesn't work. You just haven't got a leg to stand on in that argument. Cough Anth Cough

Although I do agree with your point about ploughing days into the game and then bemoaning it doesn't work. You just haven't got a leg to stand on in that argument. Cough Anth Cough

I ploughed longer into Blops and that on times was a nightmare. I also stuck with WaW when everyone else on the forum gave up and sold it due to the under map glitchers.

Only three people on AVF that I know of got to Prestige 10 in the year it was out. I was one of them. So my perseverance with something broken means not much.

Basically your argument is Elite's value isn't that of the (and this will be in USD) minimum $45 or 3 map packs worth of DLC that is part of being a premium member, but of having a few extra seconds of theater footage, tips from the "pros" which are widely available all over the internet, stat tracking which is free anyway, clan benefits which are also free (and aren't even fully operational yet) and a whopping 1 extra title/emblem for being a premium member and a founder?

:confused:

Wow dude. Like I said. Troll elsewhere.

Oh and for the sake of Elites "functionality...The 3 games of Domination I played the other day have YET to show up on my elite "recent matches". It's been 4 days now.

Seems elite has worse lag then the game.

Oh my :eek::eek::eek: Three whole games?! Outrageous.

And not grounds for a refund.

You subscribed. You knew the features.

This isn't part of MW3. . .you can't claim that MW3 doesn't work for you (even though you seem to play it a lot) and then somehow demand your money back for a stats service that didn't actually come with the game. :roll eyes:

Stop using the word "troll" as it's against Primary Forum Rules 1 and adds nothing to the discussion.

I would do the same in your shoes mate.

I suppose it would also depend on if you've used and of the features that you get with the paid service. Like competitions perhaps. They might say you've used it so no.

Would love to see if you did though as seeing as I've gone Leeroy Jenkins on Star Wars I may not be on MW3 much to get my money's worth so wouldn't mind a refund too lol.
The Old Republic? Any good? I wanted it, but the MMO put me off, I already play too many games as it is and can't commit to specific times often or the wife gets p-d off! lol.

I ploughed longer into Blops and that on times was a nightmare. I also stuck with WaW when everyone else on the forum gave up and sold it due to the under map glitchers.

Only three people on AVF that I know of got to Prestige 10 in the year it was out. I was one of them. So my perseverance with something broken means not much.

Plenty of time for you to overtake blops playing time yet mate. ;)

Just shows your a gluten for punishment mate if anything.

@Det. Brilliant game mate. Really a massive open world experience. I was put off by subs but this could be the only game I play for a long time it's that good....... So far at least anyway.

Oh my :eek::eek::eek: Three whole games?! Outrageous.

And not grounds for a refund.

You subscribed. You knew the features.

This isn't part of MW3. . .you can't claim that MW3 doesn't work for you (even though you seem to play it a lot) and then somehow demand your money back for a stats service that didn't actually come with the game. :roll eyes:

Stop using the word "troll" as it's against Primary Forum Rules 1 and adds nothing to the discussion.

Here you go again arguing statements out of context. No one said those 3 missing games were grounds for a refund, that feature is available to FREE ELITE USERS. You said, and I'll quote...

Elite works perfectly.

I merely pointed out that it doesn't. I will also further my explanation of why it doesn't by the free month of "premium" membership we were extended, and the the Elite twitter feed stating they are STILL working on the website functionality.

I did purchase elite, which if you can do some simple math, is only valuable because of DLC. Had this game worked, premium Elite would of been a great value. But since it doesn't. The value of DLC is somewhat diminished, shockingly:facepalm:.

And for arguments sake, I have I think 24 hours of PT on my premium account. But, again, I'm not asking for a refund on the game. You can't say Elite is a seperate service in one breath, then use how much someone plays the other SEPERATE item in another. Pick a stance.

My argument, is that Elite premium compliments the game. A game which is broken for me. And since I have yet to use anything in Elite that isn't offered already to the free users, I should be entitled a refund.

Anth: I'll claim P10 on WaW. :)

Uzer said:
MW3 is broken for me, beyond playing. Kind of bums me out as I had high hopes for this after MW2, but **** happens. I'm wondering, since Elite is primarily a DLC service, what are the odds of getting Elite refunded before any DLC comes out?

You may think the only valuable bit is the DLC. . . .it's the only reason I bought it. . .as the stats and stuff is nothing to me.

All I'm saying to you is that they list all the things on the website you get with Elite. It's a service for the call of duty universe which happens to include DLC and just because you're having problems with MW3 (yet still play it a lot, along with millions of others who also seem to play fine) Activision will not reply to your email with "Yes. Here you go, have a refund".

Elite isn't part of MW3. . .Activision won't help you.

MW3

Elite

Different products. Elite is not "primarily a DLC service" as you say - it's merely included and in fact the very reason I bought it. But that's irrelevant. It's how they advertise it that counts and they don't advertise DLC as being the only main feature of the service. For all those reasons you won't get a refund based on claiming the game doesn't work (with your game time) thus rendering your DLC for MW3 useless.

He could argue that features of Elite don't work. Hence why he wants a refund.

Forget about the game. If he was paying for those features and they don't work then that's grounds for a refund IMO.

You could also argue how the stats feature doesn't work.

Every time you prestige the stats go haywire, turning into complete fiction, rending them totally useless.

I would have wanted a refund if I had paid for it...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom