"COD Elite" premium subscription service - Beta sign up link in Post#1

d0ct0r46

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Activision has revealed to investors that the new Call of Duty game will be fully revealed in a matter of weeks. Interestingly, the game is going to really ramp up its online play abilities, promising a range of dedicated online technologies as well as social networking features. These online features are being developed at Beachhead. Moreover, it was confirmed that the new Call of Duty will be the first to offer players extra online options at a premium.

However, Kotick of Activision was quick to calm fears. He noted that players will not have to pay more for services that are typically free and that they are used to.

:eek:

Quoted from gaming website

MOD Edit:
Click this link for sign up HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
not on my ****ing xbox it won't be :thumbsdow:mad:

i'll go back to playing COD 4 or black ops when i need my COD fix.

If what they are giving now will be free, what they have planned for premium members will more than likely be bigger playlists (which imo will not be that feasable yet as most players have a donkey of an internet connection) to start with and players often complain of lag at the best of times.

Oh well way to nail your coffin well and truly shut ...bad move i feel and COD will see a reduction in players i reckon.

If i wanted to play subscription based games i would ... i don't want that though as i'm an already fully paid up member to the xbox live gold with 3 years currently stacked.

If more developers and publishers follow suit then i think it will be time for me t o hang up my controllers and find a new hobby.... fishing , darts, trainspotting already seems appealing and won't cost an arm and a leg.

The way i see it is we are already buying your yearly release is there really any need to cream any more cash off us you already do that with DLC.

What next Microsoft introducing a tariff based how long you spend online. I know companies are meant to make cash and nice tidy profits but this is just taking the ****.

For me gaming is losing it's appeal fast.

Online passes... profit
DLC on disc at release... profit

They'll be charging us to take ciggy/toilet breaks next :eek:

Last edited:
Someone said.....'basically you can have dedicated servers if you pay activision not to use theirs' !!!! :facepalm:

Aren't they going down the same route as Free battlefield on PC where you pay for extra stuff, I think I read this is for PC only & maybe then only China?

Anyway wont pay for it if it does come to consoles, they can go jump, I'll stick to the older versions.

But I'll wait & see what happens first

If they go the Battlefield Heroes route it will be a disaster. Paying for guns that give an advantage is the worst case scenario.

If the payment is for dedicated servers that it will be worth it. For the people saying you pay Activision to not use their servers, that is wrong. Currently, COD is P2P so we aren't using their servers. We are using a vastly inferior technology and the game suffers due to that. If I can pay for Activision to host a dedicated server which I can kick people from and create custom public games, then it's worth the subscription.

Social networking crap is just the latest marketing buzz word and will add nothing of value.

If all premium offers if new emblems, outfits, avatars, gun skins, then it's a wasted opportunity and a blatant excuse to whore the franchise to a stupid and gullible playerbase.

haha, I hope this totally fails for Activision. CoD (was) a great game a few years back. They're milkin it too much now

If this happens then.

R.I.P COD.

Good post Matt.

Doctor lad, what is the sauce (brown) your quoting dude?

I'd pay a little extra for dedicated servers on MW3 :)

Activision has revealed to investors that the new Call of Duty game will be fully revealed in a matter of weeks. Interestingly, the game is going to really ramp up its online play abilities, promising a range of dedicated online technologies as well as social networking features. These online features are being developed at Beachhead. Moreover, it was confirmed that the new Call of Duty will be the first to offer players extra online options at a premium.

However, Kotick of Activision was quick to calm fears. He noted that players will not have to pay more for services that are typically free and that they are used to.

:eek:

Quoted from gaming website

Strictly speaking with my sensible hat on, if that is all true and MW3 is subscription based then I won't buy it. But I'll wait and see what is officially announced.

I'm not an addict to social networking sites so I am not keen nor interested if my K/D or my stats are linked to Facebook or Twitter if that is the route they are taking.

After Homefront I know that dedicated servers don't work well and is not the dream connection everyone expected it to be.

Since when did gaming which was meant to be a hobby and having fun and entertainment with mates get so serious? I'm not doubting that MW3 will be a huge success like every other COD game, but what is happening is that people are loosing interest; there is a shift in the community/fan base and FPS gamers are looking elsewhere (BF3 and Frostbite 2 :hiya: )

Last edited:
Now we can finally get rid of those COD players who play the BF: Series like Call of Duty, but if you are wondering how it will get rid of them. Then well here is the reason, how it will happen:

1) Start paying out for the micro transations.

2) Buys too many micro transations, and then learns that they are in debt.

3) COD players who are in debt, learn they have spent too much money. And then they fiigure out, that they will not be able to pay it off with a job.

4) After not getting a job, the COD people who are in debt and without a job. Including a range of under age gamers, who don't value peoples rights. Then proceed to lock themselves away forever, and only play Call of Duty.

5) The BF series is free of these players, while letting the world be a better place. And because of this, are species advances in the world.

Which allows the human race to survive, while thriving and being nice in the universe.

If this happens then.

R.I.P COD.
The multiplayer side "Excludes Zombies" was dead once COD 3 was released.

Strictly speaking with my sensible hat on, if that is all true and MW3 is subscription based then I won't buy it. But I'll wait and see what is officially announced.

You will buy MW3 Maj. If there were odds, then I'd be on Betfred or whatevers popular nowadays placing a bet right now :smashin:

Now we can finally get rid of those COD players who play the BF: Series like Call of Duty, but if you are wondering how it will get rid of them. Then well here is the reason, how it will happen:

1) Start paying out for the micro transations.

2) Buys too many micro transations, and then learns that they are in debt.

3) COD players who are in debt, learn they have spent too much money. And then they fiigure out, that they will not be able to pay it off with a job.

4) After not getting a job, the COD people who are in debt and without a job. Including a range of under age gamers, who don't value peoples rights. Then proceed to lock themselves away forever, and only play Call of Duty.

5) The BF series is free of these players, while letting the world be a better place. And because of this, are species advances in the world.

Which allows the human race to survive, while thriving and being nice in the universe.

The multiplayer side "Excludes Zombies" was dead once COD 3 was released.

After spending 5 minutes trying to [-]decypher[/-] read that post, literally watching my brain cells fall out of my ears weeping for mercy, im not sure i agree with point 5 and the species advancing :(

Did Pebb's Wife or Girlfriend leave him for a COD player or something :laugh:

Every thread about COD and someones rattling on about BF and it being infected with COD players :boring::boring::boring:

Its a FPS shooter, point your gun and shoot. Not much different really.

Cant wait for the MW3 preview thread vs the BF3 Preview Thread. The MODS are going to have so much fun.
If only Gears was release in November and a New Halo then the Forums would implode :laugh:

The Premium Service Of COD can suck my balls, there you go back On Topic :D

The Premium Service Of COD can suck my balls, there you go back On Topic :D

Now thats the kind of premium service im talking about

*giggity*

Be interesting to see what they actually offer, even if it is dedicated servers is it too much to ask just to get them for free as a natural gaming technology progression :confused:

Now thats the kind of premium service im talking about

*giggity*

Be interesting to see what they actually offer, even if it is dedicated servers is it too much to ask just to get them for free as a natural gaming technology progression :confused:

You would of thought it would be a natural progression, 2 biggest selling games and still no dedicated servers. Gears 3 is getting them, BF3 will have them. Hell even Homefront had them. So why not COD.
Takes the **** if you would have to pay for them.
I honestly think the Premium service will just be more unlockables, social network crap and maybe an updated theatre mode or something.

If it was to offer Dedicated Servers and something like 24 > 32 Players and ensure its always updated and no glitches or haxxing and new maps for free or new weapons and stuff then it might be a good idea.

But then again you should get the above for the price of the game anyways.

Will have to be something special to make me part my cash.
Not purchased any Map Packs since the 1st Map pack on MW2 as I have felt they are not worth it or if they are not going to fix the problems then why should I give them more money.

I am glad I suffered COD fatigue when BLOPS was released now.

I was a bit fed up with the whole COD thing but thoroughly looking forward to the release of BLOPS.

However, since playing it, I just couldn't get into it. I hate the money power ups things and this has caused me not to invest in DLC.

However, I have started to get into BLOPS recently, post fatigue, and enjoy a bit more than I did. I still won't be buying the maps though, and I shan't be preordering the MW3.

It just smacks of pure greed.

In this day and age, when money is tight, they are milking the hand that feeds them. They need to give it a rest.

Even keep make the games bi-annual, rather than annual with regular (cheaper) map packs.

I can't see how they can keep adding new things to the game and keeping it on top of it's game if they release annual updates.

They are adding features for the sake of it.

Anyway, I slightly digressed, but no MW3 for me.

I can't see how they can keep adding new things to the game and keeping it on top of it's game if they release annual updates.

They can't. It will become FIFA with guns. Core game will stay the same for the next decade but don't worry, you can play as a twunting unicorn that shoots rainbows out its ass at another player who looks like Wayne Rooney who packs a dildo shooting crossbow. Coming next week, the Coronation Street Map Pack: Carnage in the Kabin and Rovers Rampage available for Domination and TDM.

They can't. It will become FIFA with guns. Core game will stay the same for the next decade but don't worry, you can play as a twunting unicorn that shoots rainbows out its ass at another player who looks like Wayne Rooney who packs a dildo shooting crossbow. Coming next week, the Coronation Street Map Pack: Carnage in the Kabin and Rovers Rampage available for Domination and TDM.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wow. Just Wow.

Lets look at the situation, BLOPS was a big launch success but they have no doubt seen a marked decline in active players as franchise fatigue sets in, other FPS's which are very similar to thier game fail to make any impact as the formulas popularity fails, Gears & BF are gaining more momentum coming back stronger than before.

So what do you do to appeal to your fans? Show some new gameplay to get people interested? Re-assure people you are going back to the drawing board? Have a year off to regroup and come back strong?

Nah add twitter and facebook, charge a premium and tell people "You'll buy it because you love it!"

LOL what youve done there is sent me from "Might have a look and see what its like" to "**** that"

Nice one.

3693.gif

i made a bold attempt to avoid this thread of one of my rants, but i cannot help it unfortunately. :laugh:

the whole idea makes me laugh and cry in equal measure. i remember after COD4 - and i guess even MW2 playing with you lot - wondering where the franchise was headed in the next few years. i really didn't think it would look like this tho :facepalm:.

i thought in the current climate they would be crazy to ask people to pay more than the £35 already for the game, and on top of the Xbox Live subscription as well. but these ideas don't just get plucked out of thin air. they've spotted something that makes them think this will actually work in bringing in extra profit. and that has to be the social network side. Twitter and Facebook are rampant, and we can never under-estimate the stupidity of Joey Public.

COD is no longer aimed at the mature gamer. it might have an 18 certificate slapped on it, but we know damn well it's mostly the kiddies that play it. and it's also them who love their facebook and all the applications and nonsense that come with it. give them the chance to show off on Facebook with COD, and it's a win win for Activision. and i'm sure mum and dad's credit card will more than suffice in footing the bill for such a thing :D.

and when they say a range of online dedicated technologies; surely that means dedicated servers? what else could it mean perhaps? and my first thought with that is you can either stick with P2P for free, or pay for dedicated :eek: that would look like the choice to me at this point. well they can **** off and do one elsewhere if that's the case. :D there's already a miniscule chance of me partaking in any MW3 activity (good news for everyone else ;)), but if i had to fork out extra for something like dedicated servers, there's more chance of me becoming a manc and going to Old Trafford on a saturday afternoon :lesson:.

You will buy MW3 Maj. If there were odds, then I'd be on Betfred or whatevers popular nowadays placing a bet right now :smashin:

Only if by November Microsoft integrate steam to XBL and MW3 is available as an Optional digital download for £25. :lease:

If this is the case then I won't be buying it.

I pay enough.

1 x COD = £35
2 x DLC = £20
1 x XBL = £40

So to play one COD for a year costs in the region of £100 for one single game and thats before you add more fees.

They can kiss my ass if they think everyone will buy this.

I dont buy anything from the Xbox Marketplace period so there is no way in hell I am paying to actually be able to play on live and then again every month to play an online game. Should be free for Xbox Users, just charge the PS3 users :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom