COD Black Ops disc has a circle

thedotlal

Established Member
Reaction score
So I bought my first xbox and it arrived today. I managed to get it going and working fine for the first hour or so then I got a message telling me that my disc was dirty and to clean it.

When I ejected the disc from the 360 I saw a perfect round circle has been burnt into my disc. So my first question, what is this ring and what cuased it? and secondly how can this be fixed if it even can be? Both the console and game were brand new and sealed and I am pretty sure that the disc didn't have this ring before I inserted it into my 360.

You didn't move, bang or nudge the 360 while it was turned on did you?

I did turn it from standing vertical to horizontal, would that be the cause?

So does that mean my disc is essentially useless? or can it be repaired? and has this done any damage to my 360?

So does that mean my disc is essentially useless? or can it be repaired? and has this done any damage to my 360?
GAME or Gamestation might be able to repair it. My son done it ages ago to COD 3, i took it to GAME and they ran it through their repair machine. You can still see the circle but to this day the game still works.

I wouldnt think its damaged the Xbox.

Sounds hopeful:smashin:, know if Game is open tomorrow with the royal wedding going on?

No idea, sorry. Hopefully the disc isnt too far gone.

Sounds hopeful:smashin:, know if Game is open tomorrow with the royal wedding going on?

Also, if you can borrow the game of someone then burn it to your hard drive you can still use the disc to boot up the game. I did it with MW2 but it still works to this day.

cdvasdfasdfcWSCwesfWC:thumbsup:

Also, if you can borrow the game of someone then burn it to your hard drive you can still use the disc to boot up the game. I did it with MW2 but it still works to this day.

cdvasdfasdfcWSCwesfWC:thumbsup:

If disc cleansing don't work, I'll be sure to give that a go.

I used to have a problem with gears of war 2 but found even though the disc would error every so often, i could install it to the hard drive. once i had done this i never had a problem with the game again - this might work for you too :smashin:

Tried installing from the scratched disc but it gives the dirty disc message, a friend is going to lend me his disc tomorrow morning before we go to Game to see if installing his disc will work with my game.

Tried installing from the scratched disc but it gives the dirty disc message, a friend is going to lend me his disc tomorrow morning before we go to Game to see if installing his disc will work with my game.

it will work using your mates copy aslong as his installs then you just use yours to authenticate that you own a copy of blops :smashin:

have to make sure you do not repeat the old 360 orbit while switched on trick , otherwise it could be your lens next time ;)

If it hasnt already...

Some people amaze me!

My mate moved his like you did and got scratched. Disc will bend when u move it like that and hit something. Game resurface machine fixed it.

Then could get my loaned copy of fifa back off him. :laugh:

My mate moved his like you did and got scratched. Disc will bend when u move it like that and hit something. Game resurface machine fixed it.

Then could get my loaned copy of fifa back off him. :laugh:
The disc doesn't bend. It tilts until it hits something, the first of which happens to be the eye of the laser.

He is far from alone. I lent a mate my second 360 from the bedroom when I went on holiday last year and when I come back he had bought me a new copy of MW2 because it 'stopped working'. I knew he had moved it as soon as I saw the disc! We all learn from our mistakes.

Whilst not doing that, I am sure everyone has done things in the past which you later looked back on in disbelief of your own stupidity! I once vacuumed dust from the bottom of my PC case, in a moment of laziness/madness, and fried an expensive graphics card with static electricity! It's not like I shouldn't have known, I build my own PC's and always touch the case constantly to decharge myself of static! Duh.

Went to Game today, they said they won't even try to clean the disc because the damage is too severe, but as the disc does load to the menu at least sometimes, I will borrow the game from a friend and install it and just use my disc for verification.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Went to Game today, they said they won't even try to clean the disc because the damage is too severe, but as the disc does load to the menu at least sometimes, I will borrow the game from a friend and install it and just use my disc for verification.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

No problem... thought that may be the case. `moving the 360 I mean... you don't have to tip it, just move it at all and you can get the same effect... but I haven't been on lately due to bank holidays and so on to reply to the thread.:rolleyes:

If you install it to the HD and use your existing disc I'm sure you will "probably" be OK!:smashin:

Let us know how you get on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom