COD and the wii zapper

lostboybinns

I was really dissapointed to find that the zapper, for me, wasnt all I'd hoped for. The accuracy is awful! Or is it just me?

Moogle

Distinguished Member
It's not surprising as it's not meant to be used with games like COD.

PocketOperator

I'm not sure how the accuracy was awful in COD seeing as all that the zapper does is act as a housing to hold your Wiimote and Nunchuck together in the style of a gun. I've got a zapper and use it regularly with Link's Crossbow Training and House of The Dead: Overkill and it's perfectly fine as it allows me to hold the wiimote and nunchuck together more comfortably. My accuracy is also rubbish in these games sometimes but that's more down to me being a rubbish shot lol

lostboybinns

must just be COD........its rubbish cos it doesnt let u calibrate it so when using the zapper like a real gun makes it shoot about an inch above where you'd expect

PocketOperator

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying lostboy. I only had COD for about a day before I decided I was too rubbish at it lol.

maxib

Standard Member
Thinking of buying either this game or the Bond one for myself (no kids allowed!) What's the best gun thing to get for this game? I'm assuming the pistol looking one (venom I think) is best for Bond, but all the adverts for this game show them using zapper. Would the venom one be good for this game? Thanks!

Amph

Distinguished Member
Thinking of buying either this game or the Bond one for myself (no kids allowed!) What's the best gun thing to get for this game? I'm assuming the pistol looking one (venom I think) is best for Bond, but all the adverts for this game show them using zapper. Would the venom one be good for this game? Thanks!

My personal opinion is that for COD don't buy a gun, go for the remote/nunchuk combo. Wii Zapper might be ok as it allows for access to all the remote buttons (which you need access to) but any other pistols I think would probably make things too cumbersome.

I spent many hours on the game and the nunchuk/remote combo is perfect... IMO.

maxib

Standard Member
Thanks! The cheaper option too! Think I'll give it a go without then and see; suppose I can always get a gun thing later if I really want it.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
The gun housings are designed for "light gun" games like Ghost Squad and House Of The Dead. They are not designed for FPS games and I doubt would be practical or even work properly with them.

Amph

Distinguished Member
The gun housings are designed for "light gun" games like Ghost Squad and House Of The Dead. They are not designed for FPS games and I doubt would be practical or even work properly with them.

Hey, that's what I said! Sort of. :D

maxib

Standard Member
Ooh what about the thrustmaster one? It looks like it can be used as both pistol type or two handed; and the two handed would have the trigger n the back hand- not sure if I like the triggr on the front hand. Has anyone tied it??

Amph

Distinguished Member
Ooh what about the thrustmaster one? It looks like it can be used as both pistol type or two handed; and the two handed would have the trigger n the back hand- not sure if I like the triggr on the front hand. Has anyone tied it??

Do you mean the dual trigger gun? Got a pic? If it's the dual trigger, I still don't think it's ideal. You need constant access to the buttons on the remote.

I really don't see this as a game that benefits from any sort of gun housing. It's great without. If you want to shoot bad guys with a remote in gun housing then you need House of the Dead: Overkill or Ghost Squad.

guywilko

Standard Member
COD Modern weapons reflex allows you to use zapper or similar - you can customise the control settings so they are optimised for the submachine gun type grip of the zapper - so that rotating the gun primes a grenade for example

BADDAD

Standard Member
I've been using wii zapper (equivalent) for COD since I bought it = it comes down to: if you want a laugh on the web and go for it as best you can - the gun is great because it makes it more 'real' and after a beer you can pretend you are a kick ass soldier :devil: However if you want to REALLY compete - nunchuck/controller or the handpad is better for control and accuracy IMO

PocketOperator

This is yet another game I own but have played very little of (I probably have about 50 games in this category). The brief go I did have though didn't really make it stand out for me. The camera didn't control particularly great and it seemed like you had to drag it round to turn it or kind of flick the remote in order to be able to stop it from constantly hogging the edge of the screen.

I played it with the default settings though and without the zapper which probably didn't help so I may give it another try in the not too distant future but I'm more likely to trade it in when the new COD game comes out. After all Modern Warfare is sooooo 2007!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom