COD 5 New Trophies

mss99

Sorry if this has been already been posted but last night I was comparing my trophies with a friend who was offline. When I scrolled down to COD5 I noticed my percentage had dropped. I opened up the COD trophies and there was about 8-10 new trophies at the bottom of the list all for the zombies mode for the new map pack. Things like board up 200 windows and reach level 15 without being revived once.

When I just looked at my trophies my percentage went back up and the new ones weren't there. Another friend came online and we checked each other and couldn't see the new trophies listed, but when we checked our mutual friend who was offline we could see the extra trophies.

Anyone else seen this? Any idea how one persons account seems to have been updated but not other peoples? I don't think the new map pack is due for another week or so.

Fmrl

I've decided not to bother with the map packs so I'm guessing my 82% completion will drop and there's no chance of me ever getting a platinum on COD5... I've given up on it anyway so I'm not really that bothered.

I think they did this sort of thing with LBP (brought out new trophies to encourage you to buy DLC). Nice idea I guess.

EDIT: I just checked my trophies on the Playstation website and my percentage completion for COD5 has suddenly dropped to 70% but it still says the only trophies I *HAVEN'T* got is "Sum of all Zeros" and "Platinum" - trust Treyarch to cock it up again!

I'm just wondering, if you've already got a platinum for this game will the trophy system take it off you? If it doesn't, then could you possibly get two platinums for the same game? Bit dodgy if you ask me.

Last edited:

mss99

DLC doesn't affect you getting platinum. Any trophies added after the game is released are additional. I got my platinum on Resident Evil the other week and it shows 85% because since the game launched the "Versus" DLC was released which adds trophies.

Same goes for other games like LBP and Burnout. You can achieve Platinum by only completing the original trophies, just the pecentage of 100% shrinks as they add more.

What I thought was bizarre is that we are all in the UK and the expansion isn't out yet, but one person is showing the new trophy list whilst others aren't.

COD5 has tons of connection problems and I love Zombies mode so it is a no brainer for me as it is easier to get in a game with friends. The trophies only apply to the new zombie map and not the older maps. So they are a nice bonus for me.

Fmrl

What I thought was bizarre is that we are all in the UK and the expansion isn't out yet, but one person is showing the new trophy list whilst others aren't.

The trophy system is probably distributed over many servers so it's not surprising that there's syncing issues every once in a while. I'm sure this could explain the odd random disconnect from PSN, the DGS problem on COD4, the "not able to join friends" problem on COD5, etc. - the common factor is PSN.

The UK PSN Store gets updated on Thursday afternoons so maybe Sony push out a load of other updates at the same time - hopefully it should sort itself out in a couple of hours and we will all get a good look at the new trophies.

goldwater666

here is a list of the 10 new trophies, all are for Map pack 2 only

??? - ??? (???)
Hammer Time - Repair 200 window boards in a single game. (Bronze)
It's a Trap! - Kill at least one zombie with three different traps in a single round. (Bronze)
Weapon of Minor Destruction - Kill no more than one zombie with a nuke. (Bronze)
Perk-a-Holic - Have all four perks simultaneously active in a game of Nazi Zombies. (Bronze) Fertilizer Man - Kill 200 zombies in a single game. (Bronze)
Deadhead - Get 150 zombie headshots in a single game. (Silver)
Big Baller - Earn 75,000 points in a single Nazi Zombies game. (Silver)
Big Brawler - Get 10 consecutive zombie melee kills before Insta-Kill expires. (Bronze)
Soul Survivor - Reach round 15 in Nazi Zombies without getting revived. (Silver)

- unconfirmed rumour that stopping power will be a perk!

Last edited:

gongatots

here is a list of the 10 new trophies, all are for Map pack 2 only

??? - ??? (???)
Hammer Time - Repair 200 window boards in a single game. (Bronze)
It's a Trap! - Kill at least one zombie with three different traps in a single round. (Bronze)
Weapon of Minor Destruction - Kill no more than one zombie with a nuke. (Bronze)
Perk-a-Holic - Have all four perks simultaneously active in a game of Nazi Zombies. (Bronze) Fertilizer Man - Kill 200 zombies in a single game. (Bronze)
Deadhead - Get 150 zombie headshots in a single game. (Silver)
Big Baller - Earn 75,000 points in a single Nazi Zombies game. (Silver)
Big Brawler - Get 10 consecutive zombie melee kills before Insta-Kill expires. (Bronze)
Soul Survivor - Reach round 15 in Nazi Zombies without getting revived. (Silver)

- unconfirmed rumour that stopping power will be a perk!

im hoping its true as stopping power would really add to the game imho.
using the fun weapons like the shottys in the later rounds would cut some of the box whoring between rounds:thumbsup:

im really looking forward to some late night zombie banter with the regs on here:smashin:

NightHawk

Thanks Goldwater for that info.

Will no doubt get all the trophies in no time. Wonder what the ??? is all about?

Any date finalised in June yet?

goldwater666

Thanks Goldwater for that info.

Will no doubt get all the trophies in no time. Wonder what the ??? is all about?

Any date finalised in June yet?

my guess would be either 4th, 11th, 18th or 25th of June:rolleyes:

I vote for 18th:smashin:

gongatots

im not sure i get this trophie milarky:confused:
does it give you some sort of credit to buy stuff?
or is it just the pleasure of collecting them?

Fmrl

erm... you get a pleasant little ding sound when you get one and your trophy stats increase.... isn't that enough? :rolleyes::D

Wingsurfer

Credit to buy stuff would be awesome but unfortunately it doesn't give any.

For me it's the pleasure of collecting/sense of achievement thing, especially with cod5 cos it's just soo damn hard lol

Wingsurfer

Last edited:

goldwater666

Lol @ Wing - peace through superior firepower :rotfl:

I got them all, but don't like to show off:rolleyes:

Wingsurfer

goldwater666

lies lies lies.. the pure fact that you came here to tell everyone tells us the real story! :D

Damn - I did not think you would use the "Liar, liar pants on fire" defence against me:eek:

I will have to re-think my whole story now

erm.....

erm............

not sure if I have ANY of the trophies, will have to check:rolleyes:
(think I got away with that)

goldwater666

gold.. have you checked to see that you still have all the trophies after you lost your highest rounds survived and 75k+ score?!

:eek::eek::eek:

No....DOH!

:rolleyes:....wonder if I can get out of work

Wingsurfer

:eek::eek::eek:

No....DOH!

:rolleyes:....wonder if I can get out of work

Think you're okay mate :smashin: Trophies are stored in 2 different places - your HDD & on the network, if you had lost any you should be able to just sync again to retrieve them

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Freeview Play viewers get Android TV homescreen update
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense announces US TV and soundbar ranges for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 5th May 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AVForums Movies Podcast: 4th May 2021