COD 4 -> What Online Rank are you???

Chrisoldinho

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'll start this one, no doubt an ever changing rank given how much I play it :rotfl: but here goes.

Prestige Level 5 Rank 8 so far, will probably be rank 15 by time the days up.

Chris.

Rank 55 and I have no intention of doing Prestige anytime soon. Maybe when I've completed most of the challenges and complete the majority of the weapon challenges then I might, but I really can't see the point for a fancy symbol next to your name.

Rank 25 - Only had about 3 -4 sessions online, but loving it!

Determinded to do Mile High and get 1000points before I venture back out onto the online battlefields.

I'm up to level 26, but haven't had time to play in ages and have been on Mass Effect if I've had time to use the 360

Im only got the game at xmas and not had a great deal of time, But i go on COD4 on-line as much as i can. Im lvl 25 at the moment.

Level 55 on my second time round, probably reset again at some point.

I'm in the teens on my third time of Prestige. Played a few games at 55 this time round but without being able to rank up any further made it seem pointless scoring well with XP so just bit the bullet again. Have done ok score wise since losing all perks etc but the more I play the less I find them useful. Having 3 frags is a boost though but I'm going to try and utilise C4 more.

Was playing a couple of days ago and 2 American chaps were talking and mentioned a British player who had got a bit bored so was only using the knife and was merrily winning games that way. Resident Ninja. :)

I am ranked 45, still really enjoy team deathmatches, not sure what to do at 55.

I thought I would avoid prestige as I just don't get enough playtime to go through it all again - it will take months.

However, the more I play the more I realise I use the same loadout nearly all the time - I thought overkill would be awesome, but I never use it - as I like stopping power.

I use the M16, claymore, stopping power and deep impact (i used martydom for a while, but fell ashamed as its so cheap, so don't so much now) these are available quite early and the m16 from start, so I might run through again.

I am more interested in my kill/death ratio than my rank as even awful players can acheive high rank if they have lots of time. As long as I kill more then I die I am satisfied :thumbsup:

Would really like to play in some sort of (relaxed) league - like I used to on pc shooters, but can't see any organised ones around - are there any?

Im the same silvercue. Hardcore team deathmatch is great i play that mode most of all.

I'm a prestige first timer - level 4.

Once I got to 55 I realised I had the most fun working my way through challenges and ranking up (it's almost like the Pavlov's dog thing with achievements!). It encourages me to try and play different ways with different loadouts and keeps me interested. That said I did get a little fed up trying to get some of the weapons challenges later in the game with guns I found to be a pain in the ass (M14 I'm looking at you). I agree that earning XP does seem slightly pointless once you get to 55.

The only problem with prestige is that if I join any player matches at the moment I won't have my favourite stuff. Wish I could have kept my perks for player matches but traded it for ranked matches.

Well I'm Rank 35 I think, maybe 34 I can't remember exactly. When I eventually get to 55 I think I'll stick and try completing challenges with different weapons rather than go for the prestige level.

A question - If I decline the prestige mode, can I change my mind a month or so later?

I'm level 52 and it seems to be taking forever to get to level 55. I've been playing headquarters as that seems to net you the most points, especially when playing on Shipment :smashin:

I have only recently got the game, I havent played single player, went straight online had a couple of sessions and am on about 18 I think.

I dont understand all this prestige talk? whats that all about then?

Can you get your rank up in the single player version before playing online?

I'm level 52 and it seems to be taking forever to get to level 55. I've been playing headquarters as that seems to net you the most points, especially when playing on Shipment :smashin:
Score well and get the win on TDM and you can rack up 600/700 XP a match.

Can you get your rank up in the single player version before playing online?

Once you reach level 55 you can chose to trade in all your perks and unlocked weapons for a different symbol next to your name and you start at level 1 again. :thumbsup: You can do this 10 times I think.

Shipment is great for getting the machine gun challenges. A couple and got about 100 kills. Headquarters seems to be the best for levelling up quickly provided your team wins :)

To add to the above (from Wikipedia with Alterations):-

At Level 55, the player can then gain more XP from the game until they unlock Prestige Mode, which is a feature only available in the console versions of the game. In Prestige mode, the player can trade in their rank, all unlocked weapons and completed challenges and start over at level 1, in exchange for a special in-game insignia by their name. The player can then rank up again from 1-55 and trade in their rank with Prestige mode again, up to ten times, with a different insignia awarded each time. This effectively gives the player 65 total ranks to achieve.

Seems like it's a status symbol more than anything, kind of the "bling bling" for online gaming:rolleyes:

I sure as hell won't be bothering with prestige, when I eventually do fully level up I'm damn well staying there;)

I'm currently on rank 54 :smashin:

When you do hit 55, do you get the Prestige option question the once. ie. Do you have to choose there and then. Or can you stick with rank 55 for a while and opt for prestige at a time of your choosing?

I think I'll go Prestige, basically because I like the sound of the rank up fanfare (Although not just yet).

Seems like it's a status symbol more than anything, kind of the "bling bling" for online gaming:rolleyes:

I sure as hell won't be bothering with prestige, when I eventually do fully level up I'm damn well staying there;)
Not really a status symbol. Once you've played for a bit at 55, the XP will mean nothing and the sense of "achievement" disappears. Going Prestige just means you get to be challenged again plus the more you play the less you rely on the later perks and weapons. That's how I feel anyway. I'm happiest with a warm MP5 in my mitt.

I've barely played this recently what with christmas and all, but I'm level 42. At first I though prestige was pointless, but it shouldn't be that long and I'm going to be at level 55; the game only came out in November, I don't want to have maxed out my rank already! So I'm gonna keep going for prestige, If I never max it all out who cares, but it's more fun to keep ranking up I reckon.

I only wish this had the commnuity features of Halo. I used to love browsing bungie.net and seeing what my friends have been up to. Only when I'm at work mind; seems a bit pointless doing that at home.

I quite like prestige mode, because it gives the game more longetivity. I play this game online way too much I admit (5d 18 hours and counting) but yesterday when I got Prestige level 5 I realised just how easy the game had become, in my 1st S&D match I got 1350 points and went from rank 1->6 in 1 game, and this was without any decent weapons as it was my 1st game I couldn't even "create a class", so I was stuck with the bog standard 3 weapons (thank god for the MP5), but the thrill of being able to do it again was brilliant especially when everyone around you has better equipment.

P.S. The 3 tips for ranking up quickly are as follows:-

1) Play HQ if your an average gamer, you should see a minimum of 250 points if your on a good side -> 700+ if your very good (games can take a while though). Play S&D if your really confident you can kill and not be killed. 50 points per kill is tempting, but this is what the best players in the game play so watch out.

2) Gun Challenges - don't mess around getting the digital camouflages or any crap like that. Simply complete the gun challenges for each weapon, usually in 3 stages. 25 kills = 100 points, 75 kills = 500 points, 150 kills = 1000 points (so that's 1600 points from each gun on average - there are exceptions to this such as the sniper/shotgun)

3) Other Challenges - There are some REALLY easy challenges to get some easy points, like blowing up 15 cars = 250 points. So does falling 30 feet or more to your death or falling 15 feet or more and not dying. also don't forget to lay prone and crouch, because this too helps challenges (just take a look in the boot camp for example).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom