COD 4 (MWR) Who's about from the first time around

Mikepriester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals)

Just posting to see who's still playing from the first time around and who's still excited for the return of MW?

So many hours spent with the FNFF crew

Me :)

You know you were the very first person from AVF that I played COD4 with. I only picked it up about a month before MW2 came out though so didn't get to play it much. Really hyped to be able to play it from scratch.

I bought a PS4 with it bundled to play the single player campaign early
It was even better than remembered
going through it again on veteran ,mile high achievement was the only one I didn't get on the 360 spent hours trying to get it

I bought a PS4 with it bundled to play the single player campaign early
It was even better than remembered
going through it again on veteran ,mile high achievement was the only one I didn't get on the 360 spent hours trying to get it

Yeh mile high was a tough one but was so satisfying once completed. I'm not really into sp games but COD4 campaign was epic and the only game I ever 100% on the 360.

I'll pick it up when it's available seperately, cracking game with great memory's...i'm not spending £79.99 to live in the past though no matter how great it was

Yep I am going to wait unless I can get it on Disc for a bargain price. Reckon it will be in a sale soon after release like Blop3 and Ghosts were.

still have a lot of then guys from cod 4 on my friends list even though they are no on here any more, still see them show up online every once in a while .

wonder if you can still find the thread where we had the one off match where the guys that came top the COd4 tournament took on the guys that came top in the Waw tournament. the ultimate grudge match.

Still here, think im probably gonna fold and just spend the 79.99, im part of the problem but the more i look at vids for the COD4 the more i want it on release. Im thinking the single player on Infinite and the multi on COD4 should be enough for me to justify it. The multiplayer beta for infinite was quite awful tbh!

im part of the problem

COU8hzFUYAAFY_V.jpg

I wasn't on AVF when CoD4 was out, I think Mw2 onwards was when i was here too. Already a few names in here i recognise :p

Also, on the subject of MW:R, I'm waiting until it's standalone. IW isn't getting a second of my time, nevermind bloody £70 :laugh:

I do recall winning the first AVF COD 4 tournament, my only claim to shallow fame on this here forum.

I'm slightly justifying this to myself because A) I game share B) the campaign looks quite good C) Zombies set in the 80's with The Hoff and D) the obvious reason is MW:Remastered. I agree the multiplayer beta was awful and it will struggle to impress me with already having Titanfall 2 which is spot on counter balance to the madness of BF1.

Interesting that they've created a time paradox in the remastered version, for those or that 1 person who has never played the original I'll put it in spoiler tags....

In easily one of the best missions in the game All Ghillied Up it would have you take out the main bad guy by sniper rifle and sitting in the jeep next to him is Makarov the bad guy from MW2 and 3. In the original game you couldn't shoot him, you would always just miss which I think was highlighted in a flashback scene in one of the sequels. In this game apparently he can be shot and there is even an achievement for doing so

I remember playing MW with 1 or 2 of you back in the day. I remember somebody called Ennis, think his real name was Gary and he was Irish. Don't know if he's still around??

I'll be getting it again if it gets released separately. I only really play BF nowadays but MW brings back a lot of happy memories.

Chris

I remember playing MW with 1 or 2 of you back in the day. I remember somebody called Ennis, think his real name was Gary and he was Irish. Don't know if he's still around??

I'll be getting it again if it gets released separately. I only really play BF nowadays but MW brings back a lot of happy memories.

Chris
Hi Chris, yea im still about the forum, changed username. Only read the thread as it was Mike who started it, remember a few names in here :)

Unfortunately i havent owned a console for years, i do all my gaming on PC now.

Hi Chris, yea im still about the forum, changed username. Only read the thread as it was Mike who started it, remember a few names in here :)

Unfortunately i havent owned a console for years, i do all my gaming on PC now.
Hi bud, I think I was pretty new to AVF at the time and I think you were as well. I was one of the first you added.

MW was a great game. I know they've moved on a lot since those days but I appreciate the simplicity of the game play.

Still playing it and BLOPS2, actually don't have a XBone. But this and BF1 is seriously tempting me with the S coming out and me moving to the lake so will have loads of time. But the drawback is my internet speed at the lake, it's kinda slow, which may affect MP gaming.

I remember spending many hours with folks from AVF playing CoD: MW. I was a purely middle of pack skill wise so very rarely won any games. The tension of playing Michael Myers games though...

Like others above though, no way I'm paying £60+ to relive a game from my past. I might if it drops in price.

I remember many an hour spent on MW Mike. Just downloading it now!

Cant wait to loadout my NoobToob

I so so want to be

But £55 on a games that's utter crap and one of the best games

Hmmmm

Last edited:
I'm also getting tempted. I only currently have Fifa 16/17, forza horizon 2 and forza 6. So essentially 2 games :laugh: I just can't justify buying IW. Yes MWR would be worth the fee alone, but I can't bring myself to support their decision and what CoD has become :mad:

I've not given in yet. Keeping myself occupied with Dishonored 2 and got Watchdogs 2 on the way. I'll buy when it drops in price.

I so so want to be

But £55 on a games that's utter crap and one of the best games

Hmmmm
The IW MP is utter crap, even worse than I had been led to believe. But the SP is really good so you are really paying £55 for two great SP's and one great MP.

That's how I justified spending the cash.

Those were the days when cod was at its best, MW1 to me was the best in it's series even with the ferris wheel level on veteran giving me nightmares. Still I'm not paying £50 for it, I'm going to wait until the price drops further or if they release it as a standalone.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom