Cocktail Audio X10 Discussion, Part II

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
where is everybody?
Mod - can you put a link at the bottom of part 1 so people know the whole thread is not closed, just part 1:lease::thumbsup:

You don't need it but it is a handy tool for getting album artwork, editing track information and more. You can use the X10 without it but to get the most out of it its worth using. It doesn't cost you anything you just need to connect your X10 to your network.

I know it's not a huge thing (and I have mentioned it before), but it would be nice to be able to manually organise a playlist, either on the X-10 proper or via the web interface.

I know you can create a playlist, it's just organising tracks within said playlist that I'd like to be able to do.

The x10 used to show up in network on my laptop,now it doesn't,any ideas please?

Is this sorted yet ?
Not really.I checked to see if the x10 was in network a few hours ago and it wasn't there.I've just looked again and it has reappeared,If it makes any difference the internet radio was playing the whole time without interruption.

Not really.I checked to see if the x10 was in network a few hours ago and it wasn't there.I've just looked again and it has reappeared,If it makes any difference the internet radio was playing the whole time without interruption.

?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone
I am a recent owner of the X10 and brand new to this forum. I realise that to get the most out of the equipment, i will need to do a fair bit of research, as i am not a techie by a long stretch. I have just ripped 150 albums and backed up via a direct link to a Seagate 500gb external hd. Can anyone please let me know if the next time i do this, i will overwrite these files on the ext hd or will they be added to? Also, do i need to format the external hd every time i do a backup? Once i have backed up, i am planning on resaving all the files to Virgin Media Cloud Storage.
Thanks for any advice
WS

When you back up again it will start from scratch and overwrite everything. Hoefully they will be updating the firmware so that it will just backup items added since your last back up. You won't need to format the External HDD everytime you do this.

Thanks for the reply. I will probably do another save after the next 100 or so albums. Glad I don't need to format HDD every time. Last one took over 12 hours!?!
Hopefully the new firmware will make the process easier.

Hi folks

With later versions of the software, the blue button now lets you create and add to "My Playlist". Initially this worked for individual tracks but later versions allowed this to be done with albums, genres etc. For some reason, although working fine with albums etc I am now unable to add specific tracks as before. Not had much joy with the official forum on this hence hope someone might be able to shed some light on here. Thanks

Why does the I.P. address keep changing? Sometimes when i access the web interface i get an invalid I.P. address and have to re-input a new one. Also is there a quick way to search for a track or band, it only lets me put in one character, which can be a bit of a pain if a few start with 'THE'

Why does the I.P. address keep changing?

At a guess, because your router is periodically re-allocating IP address to the X10. You should check the Router manual for how to 'reserve' IP addresses to units based on 'MAC address'. Try and avoid 'static' IP addressing, it's rarely a good idea.

Bought a unit last Friday, updated the firmware and have spent some of the weekend ripping cd's using FLAC
Thought it might be a good idea to backup the database but I get a message 'Now Converting... Try Later'
Using the webmanager I can see there are around 700 songs (out of 1369) that still need converting.
I turned the unit off Saturday night but it has been running since.
Progress seems painfully slow - is this normal?

Yes - it can take a few days to finish converting a lot of files... Just leave it on and let it do it's stuff!

Does anyone know if the X10 work with universal remote control. Just curious :)

I suspect it would have to be a learning remote as I wouldnt have though it'd be in a harmony database yet.

I have a Harmony 525 remote set to control the Cocktail X10. There is a database for the Cocktail X10 under Novatron in the Computer/Media Centre PC "Add device" part of the Harmony software. I use it as a possible back-up should anything go wrong with the original remote.

Why does my X10 keep freezing when i try and record my vinyl records onto it? I
have my deck wired through a pre-amp then to the line out, as soon as i use the remote it freezes then i have to turn it off and on. Also sometimes the sound comes through and sometimes it doesn't, am i doing something wrong?

Do you people know that the X10 can play music without speaker?:nono::thumbsdow Yes it does:eek::eek:. You don't need to plug speaker and you still can hear the music playing:rolleyes:. I just discover it by accident:boring:.
This is the How to:

Disconnect the speaker from your X10
Go to the menu "setup", then choose "audio", then "SPDIF" and then "Off"
Now play a song and turn your volume to Max (You have to turn it into Max in order to hear the music)
Put your ear as close as possible to the X10
Believe me you can hear the song playing. I was surprised, I've never seen or hear something like that before. I tried the same thing with my other hifi but couldn't hear any voice. And according to some picture I have seen online about the inside of the X10, if I remember, there is no speaker.

:lesson: For PhD physicist looking for great subject, this could be a good opportunity :lesson: unless it is just a natural phenomenon that all physicist know. I tried to look online but couldn't find any information that can explain it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom