Cobra Kai (Netflix) - Final Season 6 TBC

Here is the link;

Here is the link;

Yeah I'd seen you and Bruce posting those in the HK/Action thread, I seem to have far too much to watch and too little time, but I'll get round to them at some point. :smashin:

2½/5 my natal cleft.
Me and the Mrs thoroughly enjoyed this third season.
Yes there was a few cheesy moments but it is still an absolute blast and Johnny is a such a fantastic character and I do have to wonder where William Zabka has been all this time! His Johnny has me in stitches with his non-pc and blunt ways. Maybe he reminds me of myself a bit too much!
Anyway I now wait to see what Netflix do with it, and I hope they don't knacker it up with their occasionally ott handling of trying change old school ways.
Anyway, can't wait to watch season 4.
9/10

Season three was another great season, this just keeps on getting better.
I am sure in years to come they will use Cobra Kai to teach budding screen writers how to balance established characters, nostalgia, and new characters that the audience can get on board with.

The back stories, bringing back old characters, and the way it all adds further depth is nothing short of spectacular. At the moment i hope this just keeps on going as it really is great.

I do have to wonder where William Zabka has been all this time! His Johnny has me in stitches with his non-pc and blunt ways. Maybe he reminds me of myself a bit too much!
Same here, and where has he been all these years, where????

Finally got round to watching this, 1st season finished, really good, I like that the episodes are only 30mins, they get to the point with no unnecessary filler like you get with seasons with 1hour episodes.

My son managed to work his way through this and enjoyed the series he's said. I however couldn't keep up, but it got me watching the Karate Kid all over again :)

Season three was another great season, this just keeps on getting better.
I am sure in years to come they will use Cobra Kai to teach budding screen writers how to balance established characters, nostalgia, and new characters that the audience can get on board with.

The back stories, bringing back old characters, and the way it all adds further depth is nothing short of spectacular. At the moment i hope this just keeps on going as it really is great.

I've got 3 episodes left and it's as good as the first two seasons for me. The writing is simple but effective, and when it knows it's dipping it just throws in some nostalgia and then handles it well. Daniel's return to Japan was very nicely done, and as I say, timed perfectly too.

Oh, I forgot to say that any TV show with W.A.S.P. on the soundtrack is instant legendary status!
That was awesome.

Not sure I have ever watched anything so rubbish and so brilliant at the same time! Half way through S3 and loving it. Also some great dad / daughter time for me, which is a rarity with a teenager!

Finished this last night and it made me smile and gave me a massive nostalgia hit with so many returning characters. I also liked the John Kreese flashbacks and thought it gave us a glimpse of what made Kreese the man he is today.

Yes the fighting was sketchy in parts, particularly Daniel's scenes but who cares.

Did anybody feel old watching this? I was 12 in 1984 and loved The Karate Kid, especially as I was doing Karate back then. Seeing how old some of the returning characters look now and realizing that Daniel is older than Miyagi was in Karate Kid just brings it home.
I thought William Zabka (Johnny) looked the best for his age.

Can't wait for season 4 now. Does anyone know when this is likely to air?

10/10

Finished this last night and it made me smile and gave me a massive nostalgia hit with so many returning characters. I also liked the John Kreese flashbacks and thought it gave us a glimpse of what made Kreese the man he is today.

Yes the fighting was sketchy in parts, particularly Daniel's scenes but who cares.

Did anybody feel old watching this? I was 12 in 1984 and loved The Karate Kid, especially as I was doing Karate back then. Seeing how old some of the returning characters look now and realizing that Daniel is older than Miyagi was in Karate Kid just brings it home.
I thought William Zabka (Johnny) looked the best for his age.

Can't wait for season 4 now. Does anyone know when this is likely to air?

10/10

Won't be till about this time next year I imagine.

Boxed this off last night as well too funnily enough. Sublime stuff, will post bigger thoughts another day.

The nostalgia element is off the charts.

The creators of the show recently spoke to ComicBook about Daniel and Johnny and their trajectory for the fourth season:

"You've seen Johnny and Daniel interact for a few seasons now and a movie wave way, way, way back when, and you've seen glimpses of them being able to get along and be on the same page and you've seen them throw fists on a dime," Hurwitz told us. "So anything is possible with the two of them together. They're united against the common enemy right now. And their intentions are all positive with what they want to do, but let's see what it's like for these two guys working together with the same goal, with their different approaches. Can they join forces in a way that is going to be productive and smooth sailing, or will there be bumps in the road? And that's what people are going to have to look forward to during season four."
"That's the fun of it," added Schlossberg. "Obviously they're together, but they couldn't have more opposite ideologies still and so there's a lot still to work out even though they may be on the same team."

Loved season 3, gutted it ended before the tournament 😬

I thought Season 3 wasn't quite upto the standard of the first 2, however it was still great stuff.

I really don't think it needs to go for 6 season's though, the story just isn't there. It was always meant to be 4 and given whose coming next season and what's going to happen, it seems like the perfect way for it to end to be honest.

They've done well not making the kids entirely annoying, but a few are beginning to grate.

They can do a spin off though with Johnny if they like. His adventures against the scourge of the millennials. That'd be awesome :D

Why on earth is there all this BS about the show being too white? What is wrong with folks? It’s a tv programme. Daniel isnt a white pureblood unless he’s just a fan of sunbeds, Miguel is hispanic, and so is his mum and granny (you never know these days), and there’s plenty of other Asian and black characters.
Why can’t people just enjoy stuff without having to bring up a shatstorm or some agenda?
I don’t like how Star Trek diversity is going so I’ll simply stop watching it.
This series is class, the nutters better not try to ruin it.

Whose saying this? Muppets.

The show is pretty diverse in all honesty, there's certainly no problem there.

It's not politically correct with Johnny's character, but that's exactly the angle it plays for.

Why on earth is there all this BS about the show being too white? What is wrong with folks? It’s a tv programme. Daniel isnt a white pureblood unless he’s just a fan of sunbeds, Miguel is hispanic, and so is his mum and granny (you never know these days), and there’s plenty of other Asian and black characters.
Why can’t people just enjoy stuff without having to bring up a shatstorm or some agenda?
I don’t like how Star Trek diversity is going so I’ll simply stop watching it.
This series is class, the nutters better not try to ruin it.
Yeah, I’m tired of that card being played. Now it seems everything has to have a “token” black actor which IMHO is detrimental and patronising to black people instead of having them appearing on things on merit.

Personally I don’t care if someone is black, white or whatever. I’m just sick of people noticing and counting when it’s particularly one way or the other. They’re the true racists.

Back OT: I love Cobra Kai it’s shallow, cheesy and predictable but it’s 30 minutes of pure entertainment that doesn’t get boring. 60 minute shows would’ve been too long but this is just right. I like the way each season keeps ending with unfinished business leaving you wanting more. :)

Last edited:
So, I binged all 3 seasons in 2 days.
SEASON 1 -
Brilliant reversal for the original characters. Smart plotting, frequently laugh out loud funny, endearing new characters and nostalgia dialled up to max. Got a little predictable toward the latter stages and Ralph still can’t act.
8.5/10
SEASONS 1&2
Messy. Cheese factor slightly overwhelms at times (car chase and garage fight anyone !?). Epic showdown at the end of S2 though, with some big consequences. Finale of S3 (with added Shue 😍) promising what should be a rousing final season.
7/10

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom