Coaxial to optical

SlipshodDread

Standard Member
Hi there, I'm looking for some advice, and I have used the search function already but I'm in need of specific help:

Okay so my Blu Ray Player has coaxial and RCA output (obviously HDMI but i'm talking audio here). Obviously the Coaxial can carry 5.1 which has been established, so I was wondering whether a coaxial to optical converter would work?

Currently in order to get my Tritton AX Pro headset to connect through optical (the amp it connects to requires an optical input) I have to use the TV optical connection. This wouldn't be a problem if it would accept that the amp supports 5.1 (the headphones are 5.1 surround sound, so the amp was obviously specifically designed to carry the signals), but the TV wont sent the Dolby Digital signal. Instead it sends Pro Logic, a real pain in the arse.

My Xbox (using the HD audio dongle) sends the 5.1 signal to the amp and it works fine.

I'm going to assume that as long as the connection itself supports 5.1, the actual blu ray player itself doesn't matter, which means a Coaxial to Optical converter box would work.

Thankyou for your help :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom