1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coaxial or not?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by kiddi, Nov 10, 2003.

1. kiddi

kiddi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the profigold pdg4000 digital interconnect but I'm not sure it's a coaxial. On the box it says rca-rca digital interconnect for the ultimate in sound, cd, sacd, dvd and home cinema.

On the net it is called the Profigold pdg4000 Oxypure Coaxial. Is this a cable I could use to connect my dvd player and amp via the coaxial inputs? Would it transfer the surround signals??
    On the box is says Oxypure also and the picture that is on the net is the picture of the box but on the box itself it doesn't say coaxial...

Please help!!

2. ianlecompte

ianlecompte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    if its a single plug with one small pin inside you,ve got just the ticket.does it fit the connection on the dvd and amp,if so it should be fine,this will cover all your digital sound needs

3. kiddi

kiddi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes it does. I was at work earlier and couldn't open the box to check anything so I posted here. I've since I've come home connected the dvd (pio 565) to my new amp (sony db790) and it's working like a charm. Now on to replacing the middle speaker, back speakers and adding a sub. My fronts are B&W 602...

thanks for the reply!!

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    All RCA to RCA cables are coaxial from a technical point of view but usually "Coaxial/Coax" refers to a type of digital connection.
    "Digital coaxial interconnects" should have an impedance of 75 Ohms (same as video).