Coaxial cables and other TVs

technotyke

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can give me some guidance. Ive hooked up from my roof aerial a Philex SLx 6B 6 Way Aerial Amplifier which sends the signal to TV 1, HDD, and to TV2 and TV3
However TV2 is a little broken and TV3 is terribly blocky.
Does anyone have any advice? Should I try better quality coax cable or am I wasting my time and money going that route?

Thanks for any help

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Could be any thing from defective outputs on the distribution amplifier, to crushed cables , to a DC path from the TV , to the signal being to strong!. For a sensitive tuner. To a broken connection.
Test 1. If you use different outputs does the problem transfer to another TV? If not then the distribution amplifier is not at fault.?
Test 2. If you bypass the distribution amplifier and go directly from the antenna to one of the cables does it now work... Do that with the with the TV going blocky or braking up. . If so the signal was to strong. And the solution would be to put an attenuatior on the output or use a passive splitter on that cable before feeding the distribution amplifier.
Test 3. Check that the TVs which are not working , are not set up to supply a DC voltage out on the signal lead. The set up menus on the TV might call i t " preamp voltage on" or mast head power or something similar.

If none of the above... Replace the coax. By first looking at the cables behind the faceplates for obvious breaks or short or open circuits A bad kink or crush damage in the cable can stop them working by causing signal reflections.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom