1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coax to Composite

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by skurj, Jan 13, 2005.

1. skurj

skurj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here is my problem. I have an older tv with no audio outs on it but I want to run the tv audio to my stereo speakers via my reciever while still being able to watch television like normal. Is there any way I can do this without a vcr?

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Not possible then I would say - unless you want to open the TV and tap the internal audio circuitry. This should be done by someone who knows about that stuff though.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Is the TV even Nicam stereo? I would think that if it is Nicam then there would be stereo phono outputs. If the TV is only mono then there is very little advantage IMO of feeding the audio into a stereo amp. It may be louder through the amp but I doubt the sound quality would be much better.
    If the TV is stereo then does it have a headphones socket. You could get a lead to connect via the headphones output, but be careful as this output is amplified and could damage the amp. If possible get an attenuated lead as this will reduce the power of the signal fed to the amp.

Mark.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Only do this if you really know what you are doing !!! On some older TV's the chassis can be "live".

The best way of doing what you want to do is to buy an old video recorder, or a Freeview box, or something with a TV tuner in it, like the ProV from Keene Electronics.

5. skurj

skurj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alright thanks for the replies.