1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coax Red & Black Speaker Cables to Scart possible ?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by malibu, Aug 11, 2005.

1. malibu

malibu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Im getting a new TV but would like to keep my Old speakers as their quiet good, Their the raw wire coax Red & Black socket type that insert into holes when Red or black plastic button is pressed down not sure on name of them, only problem is my new TV only has 2 scart inputs i think , maybe theres a phono somewhere, what type conversion cable would i need, maybe i could buy composite connecters and feed the wire into them then insert into Phono input

Thanks Malibu .

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    malibu

If you plan on using external loudspeakers with your TV then your TV has to be fitted with a set of Loudspeaker terminals - it doesn't sound like this is the case.

The type of loudspeaker terminals you describe are often called 'spring clip' terminals.

If you want to use your loudspeakers with your TV you could connect one of the SCART output sockets on the TV to a suitable Stereo or Multi Channel (AV) amplifier and the loudspeakers then connect to and are driven by the amplifier - you'll turn the TV's inbuilt speakers down to zero and adjust the amplifier to your desired listening level.

Best regards

Joe