• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Coax Length - Coax Type

ant_thomas

Established Member
Hello,

Not posted in a while!

Hopefully moving to a new place in the next couple of months and obviously will need to run a few cables for the satellite dish(es).

Current plan is probably two Zone 1 Sky Dishes - One dedicated to 28.2E and other with 13.0E and 19.2E. I may consider making use of my motor on that dish, but because the dishes will be on the front of the house I'll be retiring the Triax TD88 for a while.

Basic estimates of cable lengths from Dish to TV server location are 20-25M and there will be diseqc switches. There will be 4 feeds coming from Quad LNBs.

Will WF65 shotgun cable be suitable? or will I need WF100/125?

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
Do TD88s not work on the front of houses? :D

WF65 would be borderline given the distance and loss introduced by the switches. Use decent quality WF100, it too can be purchased as shotgun.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom