• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Coax Lead Help for a Noob!

magicmat

Standard Member
Hello!

Reading through this forum briefly, it seems like there are quite a lot of areas that I could improve with my aeriel cabling. However, there is one particular problem I have been having, in which I am getting a bit of interference now and then n my TV.

I have an outdoor aerial, coming into some kind of distribution amp/splitter, going down to my lounge, via a plate, and then into my freeview receiver. Between the plate and the receiver it appears that the cable it getting some interference from anouther cable, when i move the cable around, the signal improves every now and then, and I have to find the "sweet spot" where the picture is best. This is not the cable ends, it definetly appears to be along the cable length.

My question is, could someone point me in the direction of some kind of shielded good quality pre made fly lead to go from the plate (with the F socket) to coax socket (or F to F and using a convertor plug). I need a decent cable anyway, and this will at least elimate the cause being bad cable or bad wiring! Where should i be looking? Any recomendations? At some point I want to sort out the wiring in details, but for now, this should help!

Thanks!!

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Personally I'd make my own leads using CT100 satellite co-ax or equivalent. Twist on F connecters are dead easy to fit

CT100 is miles better than the generic TV co-ax as it is specced to handle the much higher bandwidth of satellite signals. If you do sort the wiring between the plates and distribution amp I'd also use the same stuff.

You could either buy all you need to do the whole job now or some places like F and TV plugs and leads connectors will do a pre-made lead (scroll down a bit on that page)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom