1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coax aerial cable query.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Cerbera, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Cerbera

Cerbera
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the long post in advance !!!

Hi, I'm having some issues with existing cabling which was put in my house when it was built. What I'm trying to achieve is to have Sky broadcast to all rooms with aerial sockets and be able to control them from that room.

My ideal solution was to take the source from the Sky box in the bedroom into its socket up to the loft, use this as source into 4 way booster box. This splits off to the other two bedrooms which is fine and pictures are good.

The issue I'm having is getting the 'Sky Eye' to work from these. They take power from the output of the sky box but this isn't working. I tried eliminating the booster and directly connecting the sky eye to the cable from the source (the loft end of the cable) and its stil not working. If I take an old aerial extension lead I had straight from the box this works. So it seems to me that the cabling to the loft is at fault.

Does anyone have ideas as to why this might be the case. A friend of mine is having the same problems !

Cheers

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    If there is a distribution amplifier here, not all are compatible with the 'eye', Philex ones are (Maplin), not sure if this helps any?

3. Cerbera

Cerbera
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried taking that out of the loop and still no luck.. don't know whether the way sockets are wired may affect this or if there is a different type of cabling ?? Not too clued up on cabling in this manor !

4. Cerbera

Cerbera
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else got any suggestions or insight !?!
    :confused:

5. Stevey

Stevey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The sockets could have a DC inline blocker or something in them that blocks out any Dc charge hence no 9v and ability to change channels.