CO2 at 400 parts per million for the first time in human history

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeTV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds exciting. Imagine the deserts full of grasslands and forests in the arctic. That is a carbon rich future I can support. What I need to know is how can we speed it up ?

@karkus30

You are supposed to add to the panic and cast doom and despondency upon the face of the deep.

Flippant remarks like wot you said are not in the spirit of 'climate-warming carbon dioxide' and 'greenhouse gas' and 'sea level 40 metres higher than today'.

... Now go and stand in the corner facing the wall you naughty boy. :lesson:

We're doomed I tell you doomed!

After the models predicted that the earth would be a mass of molten lava by now due to these feedback loops.

Or something like that!

Given the lack of temperature increase despite increased CO2, maybe it's time to review those climate models, given that their fundamental assumptions have proved to be wildly inaccurate?
:hiya:

Last edited:
Maybe the IPCC might get a better response if they stopped lying to the public....

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/05/04/monckton-asks-ipcc-for-correction-to-ar4/

You always have to spoil it with your damned factual evidence. I was thinking how, in the Planet of the Apes film they found the Statue of Liberty poking out of a sandy beach. To see the deserts bloom and see Greenland and the South Pole as template woodlands like Sweden would be amazing. What's more our house would be bang on the coast. My wife's has been going on and on about a beach house in South Wales so that would solve that.

I was going to switch some lights on and get rid of some of that low energy crap which takes 6 months to barely reach the lumen output of a couple of miserable cake candles. What's more I'm fed up of a low energy dishwasher that no longer dries anything. I wonder when the energy use would be so low that appliances no longer come with plugs, but don't actual do anything either, just flash lights and beep.

Reminds me of the previous thread on fixing the figures
Benefits and BS. You couldn't make it up.

But of course, as these figures come from the left side of the playing field they must be true!

Is this Thatcher's fault?

You always have to spoil it with your damned factual evidence.

Even the high profile climate skeptic think tanks and lobbyist in the US and UK have dropped arguing with the science as they realised they were looking foolish and loosing any credibility they had. Now they stick to muddying the waters over green economic policies and politics where there is much more leeway for arguments based upon ideological opinions rather than evidence.

After demanding enquires into 'climate gate' and the investigation showed the accusations to be false, the Global Warming Policy Foundation had to back track and change it's approach.

"the organisation did not doubt the science and wasn’t going to discuss it" - GWPF Director Benny Peiser

Benny Peiser is an outspoken Climate skeptic.

Maybe your hymn sheets need updating to the latest revisions.

Even the high profile climate skeptic think tanks and lobbyist in the US and UK have dropped arguing with the science as they realised they were looking foolish and loosing any credibility they had. Now they stick to muddying the waters over green economic policies and politics where there is much more leeway for arguments based upon ideological opinions rather than evidence.

Surely the ones without the credibility are the ones who have placed so much faith in models which have spectacularly failed to get close to experience.

And the ones that have to resort to blatant lies when discussing trends etc (see my link above)?

We're doomed I tell you doomed!

After the models predicted that the earth would be a mass of molten lava by now due to these feedback loops.

Or something like that!

Given the lack of temperature increase despite increased CO2, maybe it's time to review those climate models, given that their fundamental assumptions have proved to be wildly inaccurate?

It is not as simple as just CO2, without the associated atmospheric particulate effect of burning fossil fuels we probably would have a runaway greenhouse effect.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particulates

Surely the ones without the credibility are the ones who have placed so much faith in models which have spectacularly failed to get close to experience.

And the ones that have to resort to blatant lies when discussing trends etc (see my link above)?

Maybe the IPCC might get a better response if they stopped lying to the public....

Monckton asks IPCC for correction to AR4 | Watts Up With That?

That was written by Viscount Monckton.
Profile:

BA in the Classics
Diploma in Journalism
Hereditary peer
UKIP climate change spokesman

- Argued that the solution to AIDS in the UK was to mandatory blood test and screen the population every month and those infected including carriers to should be compulsorily quarantined for life.

- claims to have invented a miracle universal cure for Multiple sclerosis, influenza, HIV and Herpes.

"Lord Monckton is a fantasist, a blethering popinjay useful only for amusement. He can be safely ignored in all serious scientific debate." - The Telegraph

The fact you are prepared to support your case against the scientific consensus by refering to a crack pot of the first order does call into question your ability to validate the sources of your evidence ;)

What were you saying about credibility ?

That was written by Viscount Monckton.
Profile:

BA in the Classics
Diploma in Journalism
Hereditary peer
UKIP climate change spokesman

- Argued that the solution to AIDS in the UK was to mandatory blood test and screen the population every month and those infected including carriers to should be compulsorily quarantined for life.

- claims to have invented a miracle universal cure for Multiple sclerosis, influenza, HIV and Herpes.

"Lord Monckton is a fantasist, a blethering popinjay useful only for amusement. He can be safely ignored in all serious scientific debate." - The Telegraph

The fact you are prepared to support your case against the scientific consensus by refering to a crack pot of the first order does call into question your ability to validate the sources of your evidence ;)

What were you saying about credibility ?

Read the article - it's basic statistics.

Oh and...

"As an Expert Reviewer for the Fifth Assessment Report, 2013, and in accordance with the IPCC Protocol for Addressing Possible Errors in IPCC Assessment Reports.....

So the IPCC has crackpots as expert reviewers?
:confused:

Last edited:
This might be of interest:

List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"This is a list of notable scientists who have made statements that conflict with the mainstream scientific understanding of global warming as summarized by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and endorsed by other scientific bodies."

From that page, the little chart on the top right is probably the most telling thing:

Climate_science_opinion2.png

From that page, the little chart on the top right is probably the most telling thing:

How closely is experience tying up with predictions....?

Why does the IPCC blatantly deceive and mis-lead if this is all 'settled' ??

Last edited:
Read the article - it's basic statistics.

Oh and...

"As an Expert Reviewer for the Fifth Assessment Report, 2013, and in accordance with the IPCC Protocol for Addressing Possible Errors in IPCC Assessment Reports.....

So the IPCC has crackpots as expert reviewers?

If you actually did any research instead of taking a crack pot's own self promotion as evidence, you would have known that ANYONE can write to the IPCC and request to be a reviewer as long as you agree not to publicly discuss the report before it is published.
That includes climate skeptic barmpots like Monckton who has no scientific training, qualifications or background what so ever.

They call them 'expert' reviewers because generally the only people who do request to be a reviewer are scientists.

Last edited:
How closely is experience tying up with predictions....?

No idea, since I don't have access to all the models, analysis and data.
Have you reviewed ALL the models and data including the latest, or just cherry picked outdated, early or rough models that were inaccurate ? ... the ones that are posted on climate skeptic sites and promoted as the 'best the science can manage'.

Why does the IPCC blatantly deceive and mis-lead if this is all 'settled' ??

... in Sidicks personal opinion. Which of course I strongly disagree with.
Yet here you are using evidence from someone who without question blatantly decieves and mis-leads like Monckton - who claims to still be a member of the house of lords and has a miracle cure for HIV.

Irony ?

Last edited:
If you actually did any research instead of taking a crack pot's own self promotion as evidence, you would have known that ANYONE can write to the IPCC and request to be a reviewer as long as you agree not to publicly discuss the report before it is published.
That includes climate skeptic barmpots like Monckton.

They call them 'expert' reviewers because generally the only people who do request to be a reviewer are scientists.

Is Monckton 100% accurate in his identification of the blatant error which the IPCC refuse to correct and which has been used to mislead the public??

No idea, since I don't have access to all the models, analysis and data.

Surely whether experience ties up with model predictions is fundamental if climate science is to have any credibility.

... in Sidicks personal opinion.

So you are claiming that the analysis is wrong??

You always have to spoil it with your damned factual evidence.

Blogs are taken as facts now? No need for peer review or hard science. An opinion in a blog is now a fact. Welcome to the 21st century.

I saw that on the news this morning :smashin:

Blogs are taken as facts now? No need for peer review or hard science. An opinion in a blog is now a fact. Welcome to the 21st century.

I'm really not caring a damn about climate change. Change happens, man made or otherwise, its all 100% natural. I don't believe anything that is written for or against it. I can't afford to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom