Co Op Insurance replacement of a LG OLED

fatlip180

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We have an on going claim from CO OP insurance for our LG OLED55C7V tv that was damaged.

The insurance company have replied back to us with a 'suitable' replacement (new for old)

SONY BRAVIA KD55XH8096BU 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Google Assistant

They say my TV is now valued at £429.99 and have offered me the above Sony in replacement in conjunction with my £150 excess -

Am I missing something here, I am unsure on how these things work? surely the suitable replacement would be another LG OLED tv?? like the LG OLED55BX6LB

Do I accept the replacement?

In insurance terms, 'new for old' means that, should you need to make a claim, you'll be given the equivalent value of the item that has been lost, damaged or stolen. This means that wear and tear will not be taken into account when assessing the value of your belongings.

And don’t forget , their business is to go cheap on you hoping you roll over and accept the first offer , politely go and tell them to @@@@ themselves and insist on what is a true equivalent .....

Thanks for the help, any advice on how I should work this response?

Would you agree that the replacement would be an LG OLED55BX6LB?

I can’t comment on that tv being equivalent but I would go along the lines of , I’ve done my research blah blah blah and I consider this to be a suitable replacement blah blah blah , keep it nice , keep it sweet and see what happens 👍

Just say you want a OLED LG.

“LG OLED55C7V”

LG OLED55CX is the answer. BX is a fine TV but CX is the exact equivalent of your existing TV so I see no reason to accept anything else.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom