Co-op Closing down sale

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by locky79, Jan 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi All!!

well i just got back from the shopping centre in east kilbride in glasgow and they had some sweet LCD displays on sale, eg 50" Sony down from £2xxx to £1800 or something like that so somewhere around 25% off!!

just wanted to spread the good new year word to you all :) i wish i had £2.5k spare :(

Not sure if its just this co-op store that is closing down so its worth checking out.

2. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    what? no one wants a bargin on this forum?

:nono:

3. LBP.Nxe

LBP.Nxe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +255
    Coop stores aren't quite as widespread os other more modern ones (perhaps that's one of the reasons for their decline) and so not many towns/cities have them... or they've already close those branches off ages ago.

Also consider this, purchasing an expensive item from a chain of stores about to shut down makes things *slightly* trickier when it comes to warranty claims etc (not impossible of course since you can deal directly with the manufacturer) but I guess that's the price you pay for a bit of a bargain.

4. igauk

igauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Apart from about half a dozen stores (in East Anglia I think) all co-op dept stores are closing down, there's one in Paisley going as well, however, the co-operative group is alive and well (and they're still doing electricals online see http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/) so I wouldn't be overly concerned about warranty issues.