CMX42AB alternative.

Link459

Novice Member
I am installing a projector optoma uhd 40 in an extension.
Also sky q and possibly an xbox etc.
The sound will come a sonos beam and two Sonos play.
Do I need the above matrix or is there something that is cheaper and will do the job. I am aware I need hdmi cables as well as a digital Co ax to beam.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
SONOS Beam - audio input is via HDMI or Optical Digital audio (using the supplied Optical to HDMI adapter), which means you require an HDMI Switch with Optical Out.

Source devices - do you have plans for more than the two devices you indicate?

Matrix - is only required if you had two Display devices (typically a TV + Projector) and wish to share the Source devices to both Display devices.

Joe

Link459

Novice Member
Yes. I will have a tv in the corner. The sy box etc underneath this. The projector will be in centre of room so I intend to share from sky box to the TV and projector depending on what I want to watch it on

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
TV + Projector + Beam - you require a Matrix with either ARC support or Optical Digital audio Out.

Source devices - how many you want to plan for will dictate how many Inputs you require on the Matrix.

Matrix - we would suggest/supply the following:

Two Sources - HDFury Integral², HDfury Integral² - The Media Factory

Four Sources - HDFury Vertex², HDfury Vertex² - The Media Factory

*The Vertex² has a dedicated HDMI Audio Out (in addition to Optical Out) which ought to work with the Beam.

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Def not in the 'bargain' budget - though very flexible and being Firmware driven they offer a lot of flexibility and upgradeability, especially when you start to mix older and newer HDMI gear.

Joe