1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C'mon guys help me out!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Judyarts, May 26, 2002.

1. Judyarts

Judyarts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic v Sony Could you pleeeeeeeeeeze answer this question?
    I posted earlier regarding ideal minicam to take to Antartica for newbie user. I guess it was the word 'newbie' that put you off!

I have now looked at the Panny GS5,6,7b and the Sony (i think its the 7b......it keeps getting all the five stars!

Seems they are going to upgrade the Sony this month so you can pick them up for around 839.00 and the new ones will be over a grand.

So........for antarctica ideal cam must be:

long battery life
    great images
    easy to use
    good in snow!
    at least 1.5 mega pixel for stills
    There dont seem to be many reviews on the new Pannys? Any ideas?????? Please please reply!!!!!!!!!! Budget is 600 - 800ish

2. Gurubarry

Gurubarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yo Judyarts, my advice is Sony. A member at our club has just returned from antarctia and her sony did the buisness. Go for the discounted model, my son has one and it is T.D.B.
    Hope this helps, P.S.
    I really don't go for panny as they arn't so user friendly I have found.

3. Dubbing Mixer

Dubbing Mixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Go for either but make sure you buy high capacity batteries. Nominal battery amp hour capacity is seriously reduced in cold conditions. You may want to consider external battery belts or similar you an wear under clothing to keep them warm. Check out Keene's website for starters.

4. Judyarts

Judyarts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everso for replying!
    Both really useful. We have decided to wait until September 02 to purchase - so yes...will look to see whats the best Sony on offer then. Meanwhile the info re battery life is very very useful.
    I'll make it a priority.

Thanks
    PS - Just the Automatic mode of Snow and Surf cut the mustard in almost white out conditions? Just a thought?

Judy