• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cm8 S2/706 s2 and room size question.

Danhifi

About two years ago I owned CM 1 S2, which I enjoyed, but had an opportunity to trade them in for more then I paid to get the CM 8 s2, which I also enjoy.

I have 4 kids under 9, with the youngest being 1-year old, and because my gear and speakers are all within reach of them all and near where they walk I am thinking about moving the gear on top of my 4x3 Ikea cube unit and going with the 706 s2. I am in constant lookout for the baby putting her paws on them, which of course she does, when I am not looking.

I have stands to put them on when the need arises.

Obviously, I will be losing bass response and and what looks like not really gaining anything besides piece of mind.

Any thoughts, opinions, criticism?

The 1-year old has to stay.

Dan

Last edited:

Danhifi

I am adding a handwritten picture of my room, maybe the bookshelves speakers would be better suited for this room size and maybe my Rotel 14 would drive the 706s2 better?

Attachments

• IMG_20200904_152325331_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200904_152325331_HDR.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom