1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clour flicker on graded tv??

Discussion in 'TVs' started by basharat, Jan 17, 2002.

1. basharat

basharat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently bought a 36 inch tv from electronics plc and the colour fades and comes back ever so slightly. It happens after a while and can be hard to spot. The tv is onl;y a few days old so what do u guys recommend me to do? return the tv or get it repaired it is a graded model.

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    I would return it, defo.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,077
    Were you made aware of this fault, specifically, at the time of purchase?

If yes - you have little comeback.

If no - you have a right to a flawless product. If you like the TV in all other respects - it has good geometry, for example, you may want to try a repair in preference to a replacement (which may have new problems). So decide - repair, replace or refund. You have a right to all.

If you choose repair, make it clear (in writing preferably) that you do so without prejudicing your rights to a replacement or a refund if the repair proves to be impossible or unsatisfactory.

If you choose replacement, make it clear that you do so without prejudicing your legal right to a full refund.

Keep a copy of all correspondence and a detailed diary of all telephone conversations.

Good luck.

4. basharat

basharat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am happy with the tv otherwise, good picture and sound etc . just this small nagging problem of colour flickering. The thing is you cant tell sometimes only if you look closely!!:mad:

5. basharat

basharat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i think ill send it back- it is still under 7 days though, The packaging is out in the yard - all wet through will. So what will happoen then? I could still send it back under the 7 day policy thing?