• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Clouding on new Samsung 65"

laeth

Standard Member
Hey guys-

Just bought a new TV (Samsung JS8505) from Finland and after setting it up, I've immediately noticed some blocthes on the screen on black screens. I've not bought a new TV in years and the last panel I had from Sony was perfect; so this looks a bit weird to me.

I've attached an image; any opinions? Should I send it back?

File_000.jpeg

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 311

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
replacment for sure that's shocking

laeth

Standard Member
Gah, really? Well that's annoying. We got a guarantee via the supplier; I presume I should just go through them?

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
how old, if its withing 30 days just ask for a straight replacment.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
Yep ask for a straight replacement.

laeth

Standard Member
Fixed it by rubbing a damp cloth on it (not too much pressure and upwards strokes) based on a suggestion from rtings.com. Worked a treat! :)

indie24

Prominent Member
Fixed it by rubbing a damp cloth on it (not too much pressure and upwards strokes) based on a suggestion from rtings.com. Worked a treat! :)

Do you have a pic after?

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
Has the set got local dimming

scottthehat

Distinguished Member

DaveMike11

Novice Member

Can you provide me the rtings.com URL for this solution? Even i do have similar clouding issues on my new Samsung TV and wanted to try out the tip you have provided.

Melldorwin

Standard Member
I actually tried this yesterday. Didn't believe it at all. But I had som issues with clouding on my samsung 55js9005.

So I turned of the lightning in my house and put the back light high enough to see the clouding clearly.

Then I took a cloth and started massaging the screen.. Wiped the area and out against the borders of the screen.

And it was gone. Wow. Just amazing. Can't see any clouding at all. In a pitch black room.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom