clouding on 46 686 samsung

mattay32

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just after a little advise. Ive just got a samsung 46 686 and must say im very impressed with it so far and watching blu ray movies through a PS3 just knocks your socks off! I do have a slight problem as there seems to be some slight "clouding" in the upper left corner, what I want to know does most LCD tvs have this issue so exchanging might not yeild any positive results? Any advise or pointers please. Thanks

Hi Matt

From what you're saying it looks like 'bleed' your set is suffering from because it originates from a corner edge.

Unfortunately bleed is a manufacturing problem. Recommend you contact your retailer and ask for a replacement.

Alan

Matt,

Alan's right, it sounds like backlight bleed. This is fairly common with LCD TVs and there may or may not be slight bleed or clouding evident if you get a replacement.

You said 'slight', which is a relative term, so I wondered if it was worth considering the following..

Is it so slight that it does not affect normal viewing anyway?

Have you considered lowering the backlight level which can often eliminate the problem?

'Slight' bleed can often disappear altogether after a couple of weeks of use (as happened with my A686 and one or two others have suggested the same).

If none of these options appeals then a replacement may indeed be your best option.

I have a LE46A656. I have exactly the same backlight bleed you are describing. I d say its fairly common. Its a good thing I didnt return mine back. Empire direct went into administration!

Hi everyone

Just after a little advise. Ive just got a samsung 46 686 and must say im very impressed with it so far and watching blu ray movies through a PS3 just knocks your socks off! I do have a slight problem as there seems to be some slight "clouding" in the upper left corner, what I want to know does most LCD tvs have this issue so exchanging might not yeild any positive results? Any advise or pointers please. Thanks
I've got the same problem. There's slight backlight bleed in the top left hand corner. I've had the set a few days but it does seem to be fading. I've got the backlight set to 3. I also set the 'energy saving' to low. Seems to have made a improvement. Its not really bad enough to send the set back as everything else is great.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom