Cloud Atlas Cinema Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by The News Bot, Mar 8, 2013.

1. The News Bot

The News Bot
    News Supplying Robot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +446
    The ambitious and pretty epic adaptation of David Mitchell's equally sprawling 2004 bestselling book marks a return to form for the Wachowski siblings, who haven't been this impressive since the first Matrix film, and who cleverly chose to collaborate with acclaimed German writer/director Tom Tykwer (Run Lola Run, The International) and split writing and directing duties amidst the three of them.

This is one of those films which you really are better off seeing knowing as little as possible about the story. Thankfully even the trailer doesn't give away too much. Unfortunately, reviews have been somewhat polarising in how to regard this movie, and I don't agree with either extreme - I don't see how this earned a 10-minute standing ovation from a screening in the...

Read the full review...

2. MPX309

MPX309
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes it certainly is ambitious. . . I'm not sure weather to marvel at it's awesomeness or recoil in horror at the confusion. I certainly need to see it more than once before I do either of those. Great review though :smashin:

3. Ten80p

Ten80p
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Nice review Cas, totally agree with review, I enjoyed it also. I used to listen to Mr Kermode religiously, then I found his reviews were (sorry to say) influenced by celebrity worship and politics. Berberian Sound Studio best film of 2012, or my mate Toby (who gives us a interview at the drop of a hat) Jones is great! The film sucked big time. He hated The Dark Knight, but then made mates with Christopher Nolan and The Dark Knight Rises was the Best Nolan Picture Ever! come on I know Cynics are not loved but guys please, Try THE BEST FILM podcast (Sorry Guys) The Film Talk with Gareth Higgins and the brilliant Jett Lowe. You should download their review of Skyfall..

4. Tolq

Tolq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Another film with multiple narratives? I am getting confused just reading the review :D
    I will probably give it a miss, though - I am a bit tired of films that try too hard to be epic and end up over-reaching, and I still haven't forgiven The Wachowskis for the mess that was the Matrix sequels.

A quick note: Halle Berry wasn't in The Bodyguard - try Monsters or X-Men instead :smashin:

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,918
    A quick note: Halle Berry wasn't in Monsters that was Charlize Theron and was called Monster but she was in Monster's Ball;):D

Now I'm waiting for my post to be corrected for film actress content.:laugh:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  6. Tolq

Tolq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Damnit. Allright, Sir, you just made the list! :D