Closing Threads

Steven

Senior Moderator
Mr Whistles created that thread asking for feedback as to providers to aid in his decision making, not for people to get on their soapbox about the NHS versus private healthcare. If he got the help he wanted, what is it to anyone else?

stainless-steel

Established Member
Or Who owns a thread ?

But the OP only posted five times in the thread and not at all in the recent posts, So why not ask those still active in the thread if they want it closed ?

It looked like it was getting pretty well trolled to me, I did feel a bit of sympathy for the op as a perfectly reasonable thread got dragged into a display of bigotry and another opportunity for 'class war'. Tbh I feel I shouldn't have risen to it, I think the op made the right call.

Maybe there is an interesting debate to be had, but you can guess which way it'll go...

Steven

Senior Moderator
So if I create a...."leading on from Mr Whistles post, NHS Vs PHC, please discuss" thread it wont be closed ? :thumbsup:
That is up to a GC mod. I was only offering Mr Whistles' probable perspective in his absence, seeing as GasDad has made his thoughts public

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
Mr Whistles created that thread asking for feedback as to providers to aid in his decision making, not for people to get on their soapbox about the NHS versus private healthcare. If he got the help he wanted, what is it to anyone else?

Outside of general chat that makes perfect sense.

My OP was probably badly worded - what I was trying to get at, in a section for general chat, should the OP have the 'right' to close a thread that others are enjoying.

unique

Outside of general chat that makes perfect sense.

My OP was probably badly worded - what I was trying to get at, in a section for general chat, should the OP have the 'right' to close a thread that others are enjoying.

if someone starts a thread, and then later requests it closed, mods will close the thread unless there is good reason not to

jassco

Distinguished Member
if someone starts a thread, and then later requests it closed, mods will close the thread unless there is good reason not to

Is a heated argument that makes for light entertainment reason enough? :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony A84L/A80L BRAVIA XR OLED TV Review - COMPARED to LG C3, Samsung QD-OLED & LG G3
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Back
Top Bottom