Closest thing to Kameo?

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Hi folks,
my kids (aged 5 and 7) finished Kameo ages ago and are bored of playing it through again and again.
What's the closest thing to Kameo (3rd person, fun, not too hard), appropriate for their age and ideally co-op dual player?
We have tomb but it's too hard/adult for them. As is King Kong.
TIA

Scapegoat

Stuart Wright said:
Hi folks,
my kids (aged 5 and 7) finished Kameo ages ago and are bored of playing it through again and again.
What's the closest thing to Kameo (3rd person, fun, not too hard), appropriate for their age and ideally co-op dual player?
We have tomb but it's too hard/adult for them. As is King Kong.
TIA
Not a lot at the moment to be brutally honest. The 360 is a great machine, but its better if you like driving, FPS and shooting games. The adventure games tend to be adult oriented.

My advice? Buy a 2nd hand gamecube off eBay/from Gamestation and get some of the games available on that system they will love (Starfox Adventures, Tak, Beyond Good and Evil, Zelda, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Mario Sunshine) - you will probably the machine and a couple of games for less that the price of 2 360 games!

Its a fantastic machine that even now I still play. Well I did until I bought Oblivion....65 hours and still loads to do - can I have my life back please 2K games?

Markoos

Novice Member
Nothing right now, but the brand new Sonic The Hedgehog game is out on the 360 in the next few months and it looks like it would do the job nicely. After the horrible Sonic Heroes and fairly average Shadow it looks like a massive return to form.

In the meantime Cloning Clyde on XBLA might do the trick as well :thumbsup:

C225

Don't know much about the game other that it is being made for kids but viva pinata is coming out for the 360 at some point soon.
Til then have a look at the live arcade lots of good games there.

Anotherlimey

Scapegoat said:
Not a lot at the moment to be brutally honest. The 360 is a great machine, but its better if you like driving, FPS and shooting games. The adventure games tend to be adult oriented.

My advice? Buy a 2nd hand gamecube off eBay/from Gamestation and get some of the games available on that system they will love (Starfox Adventures, Tak, Beyond Good and Evil, Zelda, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Mario Sunshine) - you will probably the machine and a couple of games for less that the price of 2 360 games!

Its a fantastic machine that even now I still play. Well I did until I bought Oblivion....65 hours and still loads to do - can I have my life back please 2K games?
Yeah this man speaks alot of sense, I just got a Gamecube and there are many great games for the kids, Do it!! :thumbsup:

Pebb

You could wait for these games to come out:

Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - If he likes star wars.
Rayman: Raving Rabbids
The next Sonic The Hedgehog

If he likes racing, then get him PGR3 and Forza 2, and if he likes his sports games then get these:

Table Tennis

Not out yet: Pro Evolution Soccer 6, FIFA 07

Pooon

There's always Condemed :D If they get scared by Dr Who they'd love it

ThePiousFlea

Novice Member
Seconding Lego Star Wars (both original the new one coming out soon).

You couldn't go wrong with a Gamecube as people have suggested. A load of great games (for adults and kids) and cheap these days.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Thanks, Guys.
Both kids loved Lego Star Wars for the PC, so I will be buying number 2.
Cloning Clyde has also provided a few laughs and the ninty Nine Nights demo is popular with the boy. I'll look into the Gamecube.
Cheers

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
firestarter99 said:
Try Grabbed by the Ghoulies made by the same guys who made Kameo and is backwards compatible.
Indeed, a lot of people didnt like GBTG but i loved it.
Have the kids done all the score attacks on Kameo to see how far up the rankings they can get?

Scapegoat

Mr Quint said:
Indeed, a lot of people didnt like GBTG but i loved it.
Have the kids done all the score attacks on Kameo to see how far up the rankings they can get?
Come on - we don't want to put them off gaming for life do we? ;)

Seriously - I thought that was a terrible way to add longevity to the game.

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
Scapegoat said:
Come on - we don't want to put them off gaming for life do we? ;)

Seriously - I thought that was a terrible way to add longevity to the game.
Tell you what good man, i found it to be more adictive than the main game.

Wouldnt do for us all to be the same no would it. :thumbsup: